Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gimmick spammers I hate you.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gimmick spammers I hate you.

Wefi
08.12.2012 , 03:52 PM | #11
Part of the rules of huttball.
Ex-SWG clientside Modder. Creator of Super Jedi. Fixing what is broken since 2004.

Caeliux
08.12.2012 , 03:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly View Post
Gimmick spam is the refuge of the unskilled ball player.
Your using the word gimmick too much, I call it PVP.

Gnanika
08.12.2012 , 04:06 PM | #13
I've encountered players that stand motionless by a fire trap waiting for someone to come in range, like some mindless horror movie plant. Those players are idiots. They're like the rogues from WoW that camped outside of the renew hut in WSG for the entire game waiting for low health players to come along. They don't help their team, and honestly, they don't really do much more than annoy the opposing team.

Making use of the fire and acid traps does not, however, automatically equate to that.

And if any such players read this topic, it would only make them happy. Calling them unskilled is not going to affect them, because they are not attempting to demonstrate skill. They are trying to make people rage by doing the closest thing to griefing allowed in formal battlegrounds.

FourTwent
08.12.2012 , 05:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEater View Post
I have no problem with the fire pullers cause thats usually all the game they have, they can't actually beat people so they let the fire do it for them. They also usually target anyone that comes along and not concentrate on the ball carrier. Just last night I watched an *** pull a healer into the fire killing him, letting the ball carrier run in for a score.

Bad players need all the help they can get.
I dont get this thread nor do I get the accusation in this quoted post. Just because someone uses an ability that has a 45 second cooldown to take out an opponent how is that gimmicky or show a lack of skill?

To be honest I think that's a pretty damn smart thing to do. Should I chase you and then attack you for 15-30 seconds. . .or should I spend 3 seconds to pull you into the fire or acid and slow/stun you so that I can go about my business and go for a pass or go after the ball carrier?

I think the smarter person will use the environment to the fullest extent.

I mean essentially you're saying that anyone who uses LoS to get away from a Sniper or to delay a cap is gimmicky? Learn to play kids.

Brool
08.12.2012 , 05:05 PM | #15
Op is just made that people keep doing it to him. Funny how I was called unskilled for using a gimmick when I don't even have a toon that can pull opponents into the fire in the first place.

ps op. Using the map, you're abilities and every thing at you're disposal is part of playing smart.

edit: I have a shadow, I dont pvp on him.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

vimm
08.12.2012 , 05:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
Op is just made that people keep doing it to him. Funny how I was called unskilled for using a gimmick when I don't even have a toon that can pull opponents into the fire in the first place.

ps op. Using the map, you're abilities and every thing at you're disposal is part of playing smart.
Your Shadow can do it!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Brool
08.12.2012 , 05:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Your Shadow can do it!
Thanks for actually reading the post. I said I dont pvp on my shadow. Infact, I only use my shadow for slicing missions to crit for grade 6 augment crafting parts.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

FourTwent
08.12.2012 , 05:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Your Shadow can do it!
could*

only tank specs can pull

vimm
08.12.2012 , 05:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
could*

only tank specs can pull
Nope, can; a Shadow can do it, as they are able to.

Regardless of whether or not you PvP or play tank spec, if you choose to, you can pull people.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

vimm
08.12.2012 , 05:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
Thanks for actually reading the post. I said I dont pvp on my shadow. Infact, I only use my shadow for slicing missions to crit for grade 6 augment crafting parts.
You edited your post, lol..
geeR
Phantom of the Operative