Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Order of Operations

midwaypark
08.12.2012 , 11:00 AM | #1
Hey guys I'm fairly new to MMO's and also just recently hit 50 with my Jedi Shadow (DPS Infiltration spec) and was wondering if you guys could give me any tips on how to go about doing endgame flashpoints.

Maybe just stat requirements and the order I should go about doing them. I realize that pre-50 and 50 flashpoints are two entirely different animals so I wanted to get as much information as possible before enivitably angering some SWTOR pro in a flashpoint haha.

As of right now I sit at about 14.5K HP and have a couple BM pieces and some pieces with all level 49 mods and such in them.

Any and all advice would greatly be appreciated!

Russkiier
08.12.2012 , 11:22 AM | #2
The best thing is to start running HM FPs, all (or most) of which you should be able to do. If you arent able to put out the necessary dps, run dailies for a couple of days to get mods in order to mod your gear with the blue level 22 (or 23s or whatever they are). HM FPs will give you the gear if you want to PvE. After getting mostly tionese (im not sure if Tionese > BM or vice versa) you could probably fight into a SM operation, which will give you some columi. Rinse and repeat

midwaypark
08.12.2012 , 11:32 AM | #3
So just skip NM altogether?

Russkiier
08.12.2012 , 11:57 AM | #4
From what I understand, NiM doesnt give different gear. As of right now. Its more for the speed run, and I doubt you'll be running them before full Rakata or campaign. After you get mostly columi, running HM ops will get you rakata, then EC (not sure what drops in SM compared to HM) will get you campaign

Arkonzoa
08.12.2012 , 01:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Russkiier View Post
From what I understand, NiM doesnt give different gear. As of right now. Its more for the speed run, and I doubt you'll be running them before full Rakata or campaign. After you get mostly columi, running HM ops will get you rakata, then EC (not sure what drops in SM compared to HM) will get you campaign
Just to add to this post, SM EC gives Rakata while HM EC gives campaign.

Rasticles
08.13.2012 , 04:15 AM | #7
Here's what we have all of our new level 50's do in our guild.......

Get the 2 new quests at the fleet... one takes you to Belsavis, the other to Ilum. These are fairly small quest chains that open up more daily quests than you have without them.

Start said daily quests, I usually recommend starting on Belsavis. TRY to get into groups for the heroics. The heroics reward Purple Armorings, Mods, and Enhancements. Save up the daily comms, use them for Rakata Earpieces and/or Implants, OR a Campaign Relic. Use spare comms for armorings. mods, and enhancements.

Do Black Hole dailies also. You get Daily comms, plus Black Hole comms.

As for Flashpoints:
If you haven't seen Lost Island or Kaon Under Siege in normal mode, both are worth seeing in normal mode first. Avoid groups for Lost Island at all costs, as it's tier 2, and 85% of the people who queue in to that place have no clue, it IS hard for the undergeared. Focus on Tier 1 FP's........

Go to any Tier 1 Hard Mode, they're all about the same with the exception of the 2 mentioned above..... Kaon isn't hard, it is Tier 1, but still worth a blow-through in normal mode.....

You'll get Purple non-tier gear, which are good upgrades, and the end boss drops a Columi piece.....You can use a website to list what piece drops off which bosses......I use Dulfy.net

That's about it... well, not really, but should give you a good kick in the azz.....
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Also, as a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums, but fun, interesting, and productive threads outside of General Discussion.