Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slowpokeking
11.28.2012 , 05:40 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Afieri View Post
That's because it's an entirely different situation. You have 8 people in EV and KP. Imagine if you went straight from Kaon to EV, without any idea of having to deal with frequent wipe-causing mechanics. LI HM is a very good bridge, because it makes you get very twitchy and nervous about interrupts and coordinating movements. The point of LI HM is not to get you all geared up in terms of armour, but to actually get you a little bit over cautious for the subsequent operations, so the developers can then increase the difficulty of mechanics in operations and make them exciting as opposed to the traditional FP "tank 'n' spank"
Ugh, no. SM EV is much easier than HM LI.

Dacce
11.28.2012 , 08:44 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Yeah, sorry. Not buying it.

Anyone who can't do HM LI but can "do" SM EC is being carried though the operation by others that are actually competent.

I should probably give up posting on this thread. Eventually you and a handful of others are probably going to convince Bioware to nerf HM LI to the point where it isn't fun, and eliminate any chance of more T2 flashpoints being introduced that have any challenge.

Too bad for me, I guess.
No you shouldn't stop posting. In fact, I will come in here regularly and post more often too. HM LI is perfectly balanced for difficulty and gear. We don't need it nerfed, that has already happened. We need more T2 FP's. I'd love to see Hammer Station HM.

But yeah, dont give up the fight Khevar I will fight it with you.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Khevar
11.28.2012 , 10:40 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
No you shouldn't stop posting. In fact, I will come in here regularly and post more often too. HM LI is perfectly balanced for difficulty and gear. We don't need it nerfed, that has already happened. We need more T2 FP's. I'd love to see Hammer Station HM.

I'll say this.

If anyone thinks HM LI is too hard and needs a nerf / gear increase, and you are on Begeren Colony, myself and/or some of my friends would be happy to take you through it, give you pointers and some training, to the end where you feel like you've mastered it and it wasn't quite as hard as you thought.

I say this in all seriousness. One of the people in my group has personally taught dozens of players how to do HM LI. I've myself have taken 3 people through HM LI who had never been able to get past LR-5 before (it was a melee group too). One of the Shadows I brought through is now an expert and she teaches others how to do the flashpoint.

Written strategies can be unclear. Even videos sometimes don't prepare you properly. We'll get in mumble and talk you through it.

PLEASE people. If you think it's unbalanced for the gear it drops (3 Columi + Rakata Chest + Columi MH) you're just not doing it right. A little training will bring you through it.

The alternative is to take the only challenging flashpoint in the game and trivialize it, either by making it too easy, or encouraging "the only way to do HM LI is massively overgear it"

You can reach me through PM.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm not some super expert in this game. I haven't finished HM TfB, I haven't finished NM EC. I'm a decent player, not a fantastic player. It doesn't take a server-first-16-man-NM-EC-professional to be able to do HM LI without overgearing it.

Slowpokeking
11.29.2012 , 05:42 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post

How is it perfectly balanced when the 2 bosses are clearly more difficult than Revan and Mentor but they drop the same stuff?

Aurojiin
11.29.2012 , 06:06 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
How is it perfectly balanced when the 2 bosses are clearly more difficult than Revan and Mentor but they drop the same stuff?
Because those two bosses fall in the same instance and can be cleared to far, far quicker. Ergo the loot is significantly more farm-able.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

ElitehunterDS
11.29.2012 , 06:41 PM | #196
LI already got 3 nerf already, you dont need more.
  • 1 week after 1.2

Its so easy that we can do it with 3 dps and a heal now..
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Khevar
11.29.2012 , 07:56 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Because those two bosses fall in the same instance and can be cleared to far, far quicker. Ergo the loot is significantly more farm-able.
This is an excellent point.

Also Slowpokeking is focusing a lot on individual boss encounters vs the flashpoint as a whole. On Directive 7 you fight the Mentor Assassin Droids, Interrogator, Bulwark and Asssembler before you get to Mentor. Once 1.6 drops and everyone gets a free set of Tionese, all four of those bosses' loot tables will be completely irrelevant to anyone's gear progression.

Factually, only the last boss in ANY T1 HM FP will have have a chance of being an upgrade for a player running it.

Rerkk
11.29.2012 , 09:47 PM | #198
It seems my point has been missed...

LI is not overly difficult, i was not in anyway asking for a nerf. I am happy to say i was farming this pre-1.4 nerfs and still am today for the BH comms from Rakghoul conflicts weekly.
For the difficulty of this Flashpoint, i feel it should drop better loot than just columi pieces that you can get in another significantly "easier" Hardmode Flashpoint, its a tier 2 FP why is it dropping tier 1 gear? In my opinion a rakata chest piece and the columi mainhand is a bit of a tease for downing Lorrick.

I do realize each boss drops a different columi piece, but if you want to have any sort of chance completeing this FP your probably full columi or better. To those that say they can do this in full tionese gear, please have a video showing your gear makeup being tionese and a video of each boss down .
Zadi'an Legacy
Rerkk - Geyo - Zekan - Xek'o
Company

AshlaBoga
11.30.2012 , 12:12 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Rerkk View Post
It seems my point has been missed...
To those that say they can do this in full tionese gear, please have a video showing your gear makeup being tionese and a video of each boss down .
There's a vid of that early in the thread.
It's also been done in full Recruit gear.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

DarthFamine
11.30.2012 , 07:21 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
There's a vid of that early in the thread.
It's also been done in full Recruit gear.
Exception rather than the rule.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com