Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 10:02 AM | #171
It's not like "I can do it through full tionese so it's fine". LR-5 drops the same thing as Revan, why should it be much more difficult than Revan? The Project drops the same thing as Mentor, why should it be much more difficult than Mentor?

It's just like in WOW vanilla people can do Onyxia and many MC bosses with crap gears worse than level 60 instances' drop, so they should drop level 60 blue instead of purple or even Tier 2?

Khevar
11.25.2012 , 11:29 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It's not like "I can do it through full tionese so it's fine". LR-5 drops the same thing as Revan, why should it be much more difficult than Revan? The Project drops the same thing as Mentor, why should it be much more difficult than Mentor?

It's just like in WOW vanilla people can do Onyxia and many MC bosses with crap gears worse than level 60 instances' drop, so they should drop level 60 blue instead of purple or even Tier 2?
Okay, how about looking at it this way:

1. A tier 1 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Tionese and 1 piece of Columi.
2. A tier 2 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Columi, the Rakata chest and Columi main hand

That is fair. It's the fp as a whole you should look at. It's infinitely repeatable, unlike an op.

The first time I ran HM LI for EACH of my FIVE level 50s, I got a direct gear upgrade. That's balanced loot drops. It just is.

If you can't run HM LI without having ALL the gear it drops, become a better player, or ask for advice on strats.

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 11:51 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Okay, how about looking at it this way:

1. A tier 1 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Tionese and 1 piece of Columi.
2. A tier 2 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Columi, the Rakata chest and Columi main hand
No, Tier 1 FP drops Columi implants/earpieces and Exotech(same level as Columi) as well. Also non SI/JC classes could get the MH mod through Battle of Ilum.

Quote:
That is fair. It's the fp as a whole you should look at. It's infinitely repeatable, unlike an op.
That would be fair if the first 2 bosses has the same difficulty as Revan and Mentor since they drop the same stuff.

Quote:
The first time I ran HM LI for EACH of my FIVE level 50s, I got a direct gear upgrade. That's balanced loot drops. It just is.

If you can't run HM LI without having ALL the gear it drops, become a better player, or ask for advice on strats.
Sure I remember some people did MC's majordomo without gears on, so it shouldn't drop good gears at all?

And try to tell the other pug players such thing to see how will they reply you.

Khevar
11.25.2012 , 03:22 PM | #174
I can't tell if you're complaining because you're not good enough to do HM LI without good gear, or if you're campaigning on behalf of other nameless pugs that can't do it.

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 03:50 PM | #175
I can't tell if you're complaining because you're not good enough to do HM LI without good gear, or if you're campaigning on behalf of other nameless pugs that can't do it.
Most of the people I've met require really good gear to beat it, me, too. It's not impossible to do it with tionese or half columi but people won't give it a try.

Khevar
11.26.2012 , 01:35 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Most of the people I've met require really good gear to beat it, me, too. It's not impossible to do it with tionese or half columi but people won't give it a try.
Well fair enough, I can understand your point.

I guess my personal frustration is when solutions for difficult content are something other than mastering it. I probably failed 30 times in a row on LR-5 when I was first doing end-game content on my first level 50. It seemed practically impossible at the time. And yet, when threads were appearing to nerf the content, I lobbied to keep it the way it was.

For me, I just wanted to get good enough to finally beat it.

Eventually, I connected up with some others that showed me how to do the strategies (somehow just reading them didn't seem to be enough) and I got good at it. I felt fantastic, like I had really accomplished something. As of 1.3, the LR-5 was nerfed, and what was challenging became only mildly difficult (in my book, anyway).

Some people are unable to do SM EC either. Are there any players that can do SM EC but cannot do HM LI? I would be surprised if there were. The skills are comparable. Know what the bosses do, deal with the reticles, move when needed, stay in coordination with others, avoid damage, etc. etc. The point here is that if they get good enough to master HM LI, it can only help them progress farther into end-game.

I believe that if the rewards for HM LI were changed to drop 4 pieces of Rakata, it encourages players to think that overgearing is more important than skill and strategy, which just isn't the case. Just take a look at some of the earlier posts in this thread: "You have to be in BH/Rakata to heal HM LI"

Anyway, that's my $0.02 on the subject.

POPsi
11.26.2012 , 02:48 AM | #177
it's been said a few times already, but probably needs to be repeated. LI HM is not hard, you need to learn to play. There is so much avoidable damage, especially at the droid.... seriously, you can do it with getting hit only by the adds. And the droid itself doesn't hit all that hard either. I'm sorry, but if you have a hard time there, it's not because the FP is hard, it's because you are bad.

DarthFamine
11.26.2012 , 07:28 AM | #178

Some people are unable to do SM EC either. Are there any players that can do SM EC but cannot do HM LI? I would be surprised if there were. The skills are comparable. Know what the bosses do, deal with the reticles, move when needed, stay in coordination with others, avoid damage, etc. etc. The point here is that if they get good enough to master HM LI, it can only help them progress farther into end-game.
I know quite a few who can clear EC SM and still can't do lost island. come to the shadowlands and i'll introduce you to them.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Arousal
11.26.2012 , 08:23 AM | #179
Is this thread serious? LMFAO.

Easy content = lower end rewards.

Khevar
11.26.2012 , 01:05 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
I know quite a few who can clear EC SM and still can't do lost island. come to the shadowlands and i'll introduce you to them.
So you're saying, I could take

1. A tank that knows how to position Toth and Zorn, drop Breath of the Masters, and mitigation to survive berzerks, cleaves and other heavy attacks,
2. Two dps that can beat the enrage timers on all EC fights, and
3. A healer that can heal through all phases of T/Z, run around the ground on F/S while healing and keep everyone alive during Kephess.

Put them in HM LI and they can't make it past LR-5?