Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.24.2012 , 07:38 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
This thread is 3 month old now, post nerf LI is nothing now.


You just had to LoS/interrupt his cast, wasn't very hard (note that's pre 1.2 on 2 operative i leveled)
Yes I beat him, but he's still too difficult as a act 1 boss, from game mechanic point of view.

Before 1.2 tons of threads are about his bug.

Same for LI, pub need around rakata/BH to beat it, but it only drops rakata chest and columi MH. The difficulty does not match its drop.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
11.24.2012 , 08:45 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yes I beat him, but he's still too difficult as a act 1 boss, from game mechanic point of view.

Before 1.2 tons of threads are about his bug.

Same for LI, pub need around rakata/BH to beat it, but it only drops rakata chest and columi MH. The difficulty does not match its drop.
Are you still talking about LR-5? He's not an Act 1 boss, he's a Tier 2 Flashpoint boss.

And here's why the current Flashpoint is perfectly tuned:
1. You avoid the lightning AoE while half asleep due to the nerf
2. The 2nd boss is easy to heal through or tank (I healed through it in a Tionese-Columi mix)
3. Lorrik is a challenge if your dps is slack, but he drops a Columi Mainhand and Rakata Chest

Here's the thing, you have lockouts for HM EV, HM KP, SM EC, SM TFB - you don't have a lockout for HM LI. You can farm HM LI for Rakata mods until the nerfs come home, no one's stopping you.

And the red part of your post (I assume you meant "pug" not "pub")? COMPLETELY WRONG.

It's been cleared by groups with full Tionese and MK-2 Recruit gear (not sure about MK-1 Recruit gear, but the stats are similar enough that it wouldn't surprise me). I've been in OVER half a dozen pugs with almost entirely Columi gear that cleared it without a single wipe in under 35 minutes.

What I'm seeing here is that people who don't actually understand endgame combat mechanics are thinking "oh man, this is so overtuned compared to HM EV and HM KP! My Tionese/Columi gear was fine there." Here's the thing, EV and KP have no complicated mechanics, so you can steamroll through them on gear alone and forget about anything remotely resembling skill. Not only is the loot fine for HM LI, but it's actually too easy if they're going to leave it as the only Tier 2 Flashpoint for this long. If they introduce a new Tier 2 Flashpoint then the difficulty level is acceptable, but currently it's significantly undertuned.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE, someone close this thread, it's obsolete and no longer remotely relevant to reality whatsoever post-nerf
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.24.2012 , 08:53 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Are you still talking about LR-5? He's not an Act 1 boss, he's a Tier 2 Flashpoint boss.

And here's why the current Flashpoint is perfectly tuned:
1. You avoid the lightning AoE while half asleep due to the nerf
2. The 2nd boss is easy to heal through or tank (I healed through it in a Tionese-Columi mix)
3. Lorrik is a challenge if your dps is slack, but he drops a Columi Mainhand and Rakata Chest

Here's the thing, you have lockouts for HM EV, HM KP, SM EC, SM TFB - you don't have a lockout for HM LI. You can farm HM LI for Rakata mods until the nerfs come home, no one's stopping you.

And the red part of your post (I assume you meant "pug" not "pub")? COMPLETELY WRONG.

It's been cleared by groups with full Tionese and MK-2 Recruit gear (not sure about MK-1 Recruit gear, but the stats are similar enough that it wouldn't surprise me). I've been in OVER half a dozen pugs with almost entirely Columi gear that cleared it without a single wipe in under 35 minutes.
I mean Jadus pre 1.2.

Sure it's easy to say but hard to do for pugs(yeah i got it wrong, just beat it, too tired), LR-5 got fire aoe on tank, adds and lava issue, it's easy to overwhelm the healer.

The 2nd boss require good heal for pugs plus now this boss got a lag issue during its tower phase.

So what? BH chest beat rakata and KP drops Columi MH as well, you can also take out the offhand's mods and put them in your MH.

Quote:
What I'm seeing here is that people who don't actually understand endgame combat mechanics are thinking "oh man, this is so overtuned compared to HM EV and HM KP! My Tionese/Columi gear was fine there." Here's the thing, EV and KP have no complicated mechanics, so you can steamroll through them on gear alone and forget about anything remotely resembling skill. Not only is the loot fine for HM LI, but it's actually too easy if they're going to leave it as the only Tier 2 Flashpoint for this long. If they introduce a new Tier 2 Flashpoint then the difficulty level is acceptable, but currently it's significantly undertuned.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE, someone close this thread, it's obsolete and no longer remotely relevant to reality whatsoever post-nerf
Since you admitted it's more difficult than EV/KP, then it should have better loot, isn't it simple? A FP's drop should match its difficulty.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.24.2012 , 09:00 PM | #164
I think it's ok to leave Lorrick there, but nerf the first 2 bosses to the difficulty of the first 2 bosses to Revan and Mentor's difficulty since they drop the same thing.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
11.24.2012 , 09:06 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
I'm glad you agree with me
it is more difficult than Hard mode and Nightmare mode Ops

You need a healer in no less than full Rakata.

The rewards do not match the difficulty level.
/facepalm

You didn't full read my post did you?

1. NM EV is the EASIEST NM Op. Saying it is more difficult than Nightmare Mode Ops based on my post is insane. NM Jarg & Sorno do 50% more dps than ANY boss in NM EV (and I've healed that fight in 4/5 Columi). No boss in HM LI comes close to NM Jarg & Sorno in terms of dps. You can check your parser if you don't believe me.
2. Tier 1 NM Operations do not require Rakata. Many ops have gotten "the Infernal" and "the Unyielding" without any Rakata, what exactly are you doing wrong that makes your gear requirements so much higher than everyone else's?

3. I've healed HM LI without a single person dying (let alone a wipe) in full Tionese, full MK-2 (not MK-1 cause I took the 320k over the MK-1) and found it easy as pie. The other people in these groups? Geared in Tionese without a piece of Columi. You might want to figure out what you're doing wrong that's making HM LI so hard for you.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
11.25.2012 , 12:56 AM | #166
@AshlaBoga, exactly.

I wish people would post like "How can I do better on HM LI", or "What do I do to heal through Sav-Rak spits", or "How do I avoid damage on Lorick"

This is a much healthier attitude than "HM LI is too hard", or "You have to outgear HM LI to pass it"

What really astounds me are the people that are advising others that "You have to be in Rakata/BH to heal HM LI" or some other silly claim. If someone is BAD at HM LI, they're NOT an expert and should stop trying to give advice.

Instead ask advice from other people who are GOOD at it.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
11.25.2012 , 03:14 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
/facepalm

You didn't full read my post did you?

1. NM EV is the EASIEST NM Op. Saying it is more difficult than Nightmare Mode Ops based on my post is insane. NM Jarg & Sorno do 50% more dps than ANY boss in NM EV (and I've healed that fight in 4/5 Columi). No boss in HM LI comes close to NM Jarg & Sorno in terms of dps. You can check your parser if you don't believe me.
Eh, the amount of healing that fight requires totally depends on raid composition and, to an extent, strategy. If 3-4 DPS are ranged, Jarg and Sorno isn't healing-intensive at all. In fact, spent a good bit of time DPSing those two on a healer each week, back when it used to drop comms. If all 4 are melee, you've got some work to do. Especially if the tanks don't get them apart.

Suppose the same could be said of HM LI, too, but I found it much tougher to heal that back when circles drops didn't necessarily use be visible until a bit into the fight for a lot of people. Inattention is one thing, but doing anything with invisible circles is excruciating. If you don't believe me, try moving I think it's swtorartfx1.dat (or something like that) out of that folder and try to beat that droid (which I have, due to file corruption caused by swtor unleashed, which I was using at the time for warzones) or worse, clear SM TFB, which I also did before I figured out what was wrong. Fights excruciating. Used to be that way for a lot of people all the time before the circle thing got fixed.

Now that that seems to be fixed, I would agree that it's less healing intensive than NMM J & S, but only because the first fight isn't heal intensive at all and the last one is only heal-intensive on the tanks if they're out of practice.

Agree with point #2. I don't know if I'd recommend taking a full raid of tionese into that op, exactly, but you can certainly sqeak by with a few. Probably wouldn't be the best idea to take 4 tionese DPS or 2 tionese tanks and 2 tionese heals or something, though I doubt it's impossible.


Quote:
3. I've healed HM LI without a single person dying (let alone a wipe) in full Tionese, full MK-2 (not MK-1 cause I took the 320k over the MK-1) and found it easy as pie. The other people in these groups? Geared in Tionese without a piece of Columi. You might want to figure out what you're doing wrong that's making HM LI so hard for you.
Recently, then. I did much the same. Piece or two of battlemaster per, most of the rest in recruit or (a rare piece of) columi. There's nothing in the patch notes that says it, explicitly, but, to me, it feels like everything in this op--not just the circles on the one droid--but even stuff like Savrak's damage seems to have been whacked with the nerf bat. Just curious if I'm the only one who feels this way.

JymmyMorison's Avatar


JymmyMorison
11.25.2012 , 03:28 AM | #168
Code:
So what? BH chest beat rakata and KP drops Columi MH as well, you can also take out the offhand's mods and put them in your MH.
You cant do that mod swapping if your a inquisitor, wich makes this necesery and also this is easy enough as it is as long as everyone know what to do no need for better gear, also no need for full rdps group as mamy many wanabe tanks say that you need atleast one rdps for this. no you dont

Chemic_al's Avatar


Chemic_al
11.25.2012 , 05:09 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I think it's ok to leave Lorrick there, but nerf the first 2 bosses to the difficulty of the first 2 bosses to Revan and Mentor's difficulty since they drop the same thing.
They may drop the same, but you're forgetting the extra 8 BH coms from completing rakghoul weekly.

It's fine as is.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 09:51 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
They may drop the same, but you're forgetting the extra 8 BH coms from completing rakghoul weekly.

It's fine as is.
Well we have Lorrick.