Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adellion
11.10.2012 , 04:24 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
That's a skill/coordination issue, not a gear issue. Try running it with people you work well with, it's not pug friendly.
LI HM is easy to fail if people make mistakes with their tactics. It's not down to gear. It's just skill. 4 people in full columi can easily breeze through LI HM if they know the tactics and execute them well. You (or your group) does not. That's why you wipe.
You said you would never let go... you lied.

FireFoxed
11.10.2012 , 05:31 AM | #102
IMO this discussion is being sidetracked. The discussion isn't that LI HM is too hard or the bosses need to be nerfed, it's that this being a tier 2 flashpoint and the natural progression of the game being tier 1 HMs -> tier 2 HMs, the bosses should be dropping gear of quality on par with their difficulty. The droid is definitely killable even in full Columi, but he's still unarguably more difficult than Revan who drops the exact same item (Revan's doable if Power of the Force isn't interrupted but not interrupting/cleaning Incinerate is a guaranteed wipe, and the asteroids are much easier to manage than the bubbles).

The design of these bosses means people using GF for their gear progression will run tier 1 HMs and fill out their columi set and then get nothing out of killing some very hard bosses in this fp (aka no progression), so they may just stick to the tier 1s while farming up BH comms except maybe doing this once for the weekly. I think we're only asking for all the bosses to drop Rakata level gear so full Columi people will have an incentive to run this more often on their way to accumulating a BH set. Plus 1.3 improved the heck out of the everything else's loot quality.

SentinelDranoel
11.10.2012 , 05:38 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by FireFoxed View Post
IMO this discussion is being sidetracked. The discussion isn't that LI HM is too hard or the bosses need to be nerfed, it's that this being a tier 2 flashpoint and the natural progression of the game being tier 1 HMs -> tier 2 HMs, the bosses should be dropping gear of quality on par with their difficulty. The droid is definitely killable even in full Columi, but he's still unarguably more difficult than Revan who drops the exact same item (Revan's doable if Power of the Force isn't interrupted but not interrupting/cleaning Incinerate is a guaranteed wipe, and the asteroids are much easier to manage than the bubbles).

The design of these bosses means people using GF for their gear progression will run tier 1 HMs and fill out their columi set and then get nothing out of killing some very hard bosses in this fp (aka no progression), so they may just stick to the tier 1s while farming up BH comms except maybe doing this once for the weekly. I think we're only asking for all the bosses to drop Rakata level gear so full Columi people will have an incentive to run this more often on their way to accumulating a BH set. Plus 1.3 improved the heck out of the everything else's loot quality.
Sold. I agree with you, and I am that guy who does LI HM once a week.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

Khevar
11.10.2012 , 11:38 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by FireFoxed View Post

1) I have run this with a group in 1/2 Columi (disclaimer: was friends in vent running new l50 alts) this was also before the nerf. Every piece of gear that dropped was an actual direct main upgrade to someone in the instance.
2) T1 FPs drop ONE piece of Columi, this drops 3 Columi + 1 Rakata
3) This is the ONLY way to 4-man something that drops a Columi MH.

Seriously, the gear rewards are fine.

Radzkie
11.10.2012 , 12:32 PM | #105
The first time I completed LI HM I was in tionese gear. I was the healer. It was freaking awesome because the columi mainhand and rakata chest piece for my class dropped, and I got both.

Now a days I run it in campaign and dread guard for three reasons that I'll list in priority: fun, to help friends, and for the black hole coms. It's one of the fastest to run, second to T5, I think. It also brings back memories of when I really had to struggle to get through it. All the lawl mistakes I made as a noob make me smile.

The rewards are good enough in my opinion BUT I would really like to see the pet drop more often. I have run that flash point 36894834327487923879478128 times and I have NEVER seen it drop. That's a pretty low rate imo.

RikuvonDrake
11.10.2012 , 02:24 PM | #106
I hardly see a problem with the current loot, right now if you have a good group with good gear you can do the entire flashpoint in less then 20 minutes (guildrecord is currently 18min and 32s). The tactics are hard the first few times but then you get the hang of it and it all becomes so very much easier for everyone involved, so I don't agree that the loot should be better, I think that it's perfectly fine as it is. It's not really a hard flashpoint in comparison to the other Tier 1, the damage is lower, the boss hp is lower and the only difference is that the tactics are more complex.

Just as a sidenote, me and three other friends bought full Tionese gear just to try it out (those commendations and crystals were just stacking up anyway) and we were able to clear the entire instance without one single wipe, sure it took longer then it normally takes us but it wasn't really any major problems even with such gear.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Khevar
11.10.2012 , 03:38 PM | #107
@RikuvonDrake that's awesome.

I wanted to do that too, but I already spent my Tionese on Kneecappers for the $$. Glad someone did it tho. Was this before or after 1.4?

RikuvonDrake
11.11.2012 , 11:34 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
@RikuvonDrake that's awesome.

I wanted to do that too, but I already spent my Tionese on Kneecappers for the $$. Glad someone did it tho. Was this before or after 1.4?
It was before 1.4, we had done if after as well thought, but the first time we tried was way before 1.4.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Larry_Dallas
11.11.2012 , 11:10 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I hardly see a problem with the current loot, right now if you have a good group with good gear you can do the entire flashpoint in less then 20 minutes (guildrecord is currently 18min and 32s). The tactics are hard the first few times but then you get the hang of it and it all becomes so very much easier for everyone involved, so I don't agree that the loot should be better, I think that it's perfectly fine as it is. It's not really a hard flashpoint in comparison to the other Tier 1, the damage is lower, the boss hp is lower and the only difference is that the tactics are more complex.

Just as a sidenote, me and three other friends bought full Tionese gear just to try it out (those commendations and crystals were just stacking up anyway) and we were able to clear the entire instance without one single wipe, sure it took longer then it normally takes us but it wasn't really any major problems even with such gear.
I'm not sure, exactly what was done to this instance, whether the timers were changed or what, but it's far easier than it used to be. And it's not the gear level either, because I just sleepwalked through this not using voice comm with a fresh 50 and 2 of 3 people who hadn't done it before. That would never have been possible when this fp first dropped.

Earlier in the thread (probably months ago) I said the drops didn't make sense for the difficulty. Whatever they did to nerf this brought the drops back in line with the difficulty. Hell, 4 columi drops might be too much at this point.

happysister
11.11.2012 , 11:51 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightsire View Post
I wish there was another way to get columi main hand weapon at least.
depending on what DPS class you are, you can get a second columi offhand and just strip the mods out of that and put it in your mainhand. that's what i did for my gunslinger. the offhand and mainhand had the exact same stats anyways.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire