Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove Security Key?

Hollow_Man
12.23.2011 , 01:12 AM | #21
On a side note, because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried to add my security key back. Wouldn't work. I reinstalled the app, added the serial number, activation code, and 8 digit generated code...everything done exactly the way I did before I had BioWare remove it, except this time I get "Sorry, we couldn't find your code. Try again?"

Customer Service, in another thread, told me that I would have to call BioWare in order to get this rectified. I suspect that the serial number assigned to me is now void, so they'll have to do something on the back end to reinstate it or somehow give me a new one.

So what unfortunately is happening, due to the incredible inconvenience, is that this process is making me want to NOT use the security, which isn't a good thing. As long as we have our security key on hand (phone or physical), we should be able to remove and add the security at will, without calling customer service. I can do this with Blizzard's and Google's security key with no problem.

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

shang_master
12.24.2011 , 12:09 AM | #22
HEAR ME! YE oh without phones. Youwave is a PC Based Android app program that you can get your SWTOR Security Key app on.

Your welcome. i doubt youl lose your PC behind the sofa cushions.
Look right, Look back.
This post is now Diamonds

SylphicSarah
12.24.2011 , 08:33 PM | #23
This is just terrible service. The security app they use is terrible, it cycles way too slowly, and the fact that you can't upgrade to a new phone without spending two hours on hold is insulting.

I'm thinking about canceling my account. It's not just over this, but the fact that they don't have a decent security key system and left me on hold for 2.5 hours is definitely a factor. I have authenticators from Google, Blizzard, Trion Worlds and RSA. This is the only one I've ever hated.

Hollow_Man
12.24.2011 , 08:36 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SylphicSarah View Post
This is just terrible service. The security app they use is terrible, it cycles way too slowly, and the fact that you can't upgrade to a new phone without spending two hours on hold is insulting.

I'm thinking about canceling my account. It's not just over this, but the fact that they don't have a decent security key system and left me on hold for 2.5 hours is definitely a factor. I have authenticators from Google, Blizzard, Trion Worlds and RSA. This is the only one I've ever hated.
Just don't use the security key. With the security questions, plus keeping vigilant about not falling for phishing scams, you'll probably be fine. I'm not going to call them again just to re-apply the key. I'll consider doing it again once they make it possible for me to add and remove them at will...with no calls to them needed.

-HM

Creedon
12.24.2011 , 08:40 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by pischto View Post
Hey,

The Account Page is so damn confusing so I'm just gonna ask: How can I disable the usage of the security key on login?
Deal with an additional 10 secords or less to log in or an utter pain of dealing with a hacked account; you decide.

inylchilar
12.24.2011 , 09:27 PM | #26
The droid app for the security key works just fine and is free. As long as you have internet connectivity, you can set it to auto-sync. It's pretty easy and I'd rather not be hacked. Happened to me in WoW back when I actually cared to play. I got banzored for being a "gold farmer" even though I wasn't on back then. My daggers were gone on one character and I had all these trash items in my bags on another character. It really sucked getting back in again.

Long story short: If you have the key, don't lose it or just get the app for your smart phone. The app is 100% free so I'd suggest that. If you don't have a smart phone, then how are you on these forums from the cave you live on?

silverdanta
12.24.2011 , 10:23 PM | #27
Coming from someone that had their account hacked twice in the past, both times because of the company in question getting hacked, having a authenicator is/should be mandated. I know it takes precious time from pwning sith/jedi but it also ensures you do not spend 4 to 9 days not playing because little jimmy stole your account info and is laughing while drinking his 9th red bull (and yes past 2 cans, you can cause problems for your body).

lol
Mini Raiders
Lord Praven Server US West PvE
PvE Imperial Guild - Casual PvE, PvP, Raiding
Guild Website | Apply Here

Luman_Spade
12.26.2011 , 08:35 PM | #28
I just ordered the physical security key, mainly because it's kinda cool, I'm a geek for star wars and it's only like $3 online. My question is this...

When my "physical", not phone app security key comes, will that make the launcher stop asking me my GD security questions? Is there a way to even have the security key and turn off the security questions?

Otherwise I'm gonna edit my 3 security questions and all three answers will be the same, something "like" "Stupidbioware."

Obviously, in any attempt not to get hacked I would never put my real answers here duh right?

Thanks in advance...
JAY ROSAUER, OWNER / CEO ZAYMUN Enterprises, LLC

Nobodys_Biz
12.30.2011 , 12:23 PM | #29
I actually called into customer service yesterday in an attempt to have my security key reset. Reason being, my previous iPod's headphone jack broke and I'm getting it replaced. However, luckily for me, I decided to call ahead of time before going to swap them out. Luckily, the queue wasn't that long and I was being helped after about 10 minutes. But the guy on the line told me that right now they couldn't remove security key apps because they are working on a way to make this service public to everyone. So has anyone else gotten a similar response? Because I really need this iPod replaced and I don't want to be sitting on a broken one because I can't get rid of the security key.
Sucks to suck

Hollow_Man
12.30.2011 , 12:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nobodys_Biz View Post
I actually called into customer service yesterday in an attempt to have my security key reset. Reason being, my previous iPod's headphone jack broke and I'm getting it replaced. However, luckily for me, I decided to call ahead of time before going to swap them out. Luckily, the queue wasn't that long and I was being helped after about 10 minutes. But the guy on the line told me that right now they couldn't remove security key apps because they are working on a way to make this service public to everyone. So has anyone else gotten a similar response? Because I really need this iPod replaced and I don't want to be sitting on a broken one because I can't get rid of the security key.
Customer service can absolutely remove a security key...they did it for me. What we, and they, can't do right now is put another mobile one back on after a previous one has been removed.

-HM