Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite NPC so far...

trenchfutching
12.19.2011 , 05:58 AM | #1
On Balmorra, I call her Darth Dirty. I've completely forgot her real name. My Fave so far. We'll see what else they have to offer.

Funny, she doesn't look Druish

Gradivus
12.19.2011 , 07:18 AM | #2
I liked the Imperial captain on Dromund Kaas, whose soldiers were kidenapped by the rogue Sith. I found the voice acting for that character amazing!

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 07:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
I liked the Imperial captain on Dromund Kaas, whose soldiers were kidenapped by the rogue Sith. I found the voice acting for that character amazing!
Duchess? Her VA was really good.

I didn't like the butchy Mandalorian though as part of the Revanite quest, I found her VA was trying too hard.
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

Gradivus
12.19.2011 , 07:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
Duchess?
Haha, Duchess, yes. That's a cool nickname.

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 07:23 AM | #5
Haha, Duchess, yes. That's a cool nickname.
She was one of the NPCs I felt legitimately sorry for, the guy who played her soldier did a really good job too. That whole questline was just very very sad.

Gradivus
12.19.2011 , 07:25 AM | #6
She was one of the NPCs I felt legitimately sorry for, the guy who played her soldier did a really good job too. That whole questline was just very very sad.
Indeed. For such a short questline (not really a line, just a quest) it had a great impact. It was really hard for my agent to send those soldiers to work for the Empire. But he's an efficient emotionless jerk like that.

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 07:30 AM | #7
Indeed. For such a short questline (not really a line, just a quest) it had a great impact. It was really hard for my agent to send those soldiers to work for the Empire. But he's an efficient emotionless jerk like that.
The "they still have a use" bit wanted me to do that, I was hoping maybe the Empire would save them and help them become use to their new bodies, but I knew that wouldn't be true, the Empire would just throw them into the fray to die against their will (or horribly experiment on them).

So I mercy killed them.

It was a very sad turn of events, I was really depressed having to tell Duchess the news.. that was really one of those moments in this game where I sat back for a few seconds and stopped playing and was like "Wow, this game's story really does get you into it."

There was another decision like that, the Slave who wanted to be Sith, even though he was a criminal and what he did was wrong, it was like your dog who tore up something trying to make you proud, you WANTED him to be right because he worked so hard for you, but in the end what he did was wrong, and seeing him so disappointed just.. it hurt.

Well done Bioware.

Capella
12.19.2011 , 07:54 AM | #8
The "they still have a use" bit wanted me to do that, I was hoping maybe the Empire would save them and help them become use to their new bodies, but I knew that wouldn't be true, the Empire would just throw them into the fray to die against their will (or horribly experiment on them).

So I mercy killed them.

It was a very sad turn of events, I was really depressed having to tell Duchess the news.. that was really one of those moments in this game where I sat back for a few seconds and stopped playing and was like "Wow, this game's story really does get you into it."
I was playing that quest in a room with a bunch of people who were hanging out doing other things, but half-paying attention to TOR because they all liked SW. The opening dialogue didn't interest them, but then the droid guy did, and by the time we were reporting back to the Duchess to talk about what happened, everyone was watching closely and 100% miserable. The whole room was just floored by how good it was. One person even placed an order 30 minutes later.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 07:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Capella View Post
I was playing that quest in a room with a bunch of people who were hanging out doing other things, but half-paying attention to TOR because they all liked SW. The opening dialogue didn't interest them, but then the droid guy did, and by the time we were reporting back to the Duchess to talk about what happened, everyone was watching closely and 100% miserable. The whole room was just floored by how good it was. One person even placed an order 30 minutes later.
Yea, I just, I still feel myself holding sorrow and kinda choking up when I described it all to my brother. Its a very very sad quest, and I can easily attribute it to the writing/VA.

Hydranova
12.19.2011 , 05:16 PM | #10
I got a chuckle at the prototype emotional droids on Balmorra. My first thought was "Aww look, they think they're people."
Char name: Karratan
Class: sith Sorceror
Race: Human (male)
Guild: The Black Mantle