Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The gamer from heaven

lord-durpp
07.29.2012 , 11:04 PM | #1
After reading the gamer from hell thread, i thought i would create a thread based on the opposite. I personally have had some excellent expiriences on grp finder, and i want others to post their stories of nice, awesome, helpful, skilled, or anything positive coming from puging via grp finder.

I'll start. While doing battle of ilum hm today (im a juggurnaut tank), we got to drinda and velasu. The fight was fairly eassy, until the turrets came. every other member of my group was cut down. i survived with half health, and used my cds and meds as i took out al the turrets. Then after rezing everyone else up, they all congragulating me for that, and said i was geared well. This recognition made me very happy.

Overall, I have had positive expirience with the grpfinder, and post your stories of puging greatness!

lord-durpp
07.30.2012 , 11:26 AM | #2
Also, I've only run into 3 types of groups: nice ones, silent ones, and people with connectivity issues ones

epicfear
07.30.2012 , 11:51 AM | #3
I made an offhand comment about the turret bit in kaon being like "Left 4 dead 2" and the group ran with it, calling the bloated ones boomers, and even asking who startled the witch when we almost wiped at the hands of a screamer and the horde.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

jedimasterjac
07.30.2012 , 11:55 AM | #4
I find it like this: When you play Gears of War, you have a few teams:
Teams who rush when the enemy has a mortar.
Teams who like to charge with the Retro Lancer
People who like chainsaws
Strategic, good, successful teams.
The guy who likes to be a hero.
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

―Darth Traya, to the Jedi Exile

Emmcee
07.30.2012 , 11:56 AM | #5
So you started this thread promoting positivity to toot your own "heroic" deeds and to nominate yourself as "The Gamer From Heaven"? ...I mean, uh, yeah ...there's nothing wrong with that.

SilentKitty
07.30.2012 , 12:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Emmcee View Post
So you started this thread promoting positivity to toot your own "heroic" deeds and to nominate yourself as "The Gamer From Heaven"? ...I mean, uh, yeah ...there's nothing wrong with that.
I think he was talking about how nice the rest of the group was. And the other thread was called gamer from hell so this became gamer from heaven. Not meaning him personally. Simply good experiences you have had with strangers in the game.

Hmm...

Sometimes just little things can make me happy. Playing with my little SW today on Balmorra, she needed to push a panel and after that battle a gold droid. When I arrive at the panel there is already someone there battling the droid so I attack it just to make the fight end sooner. Afterwards the other player stayed around until my droid emerged and helped me kill it. Little things like that just makes me smile, the player could just as well have run away but I appreciated the help =)

lord-durpp
07.30.2012 , 12:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Emmcee View Post
I did mean what the group said afterwards was really nice

Altredis
07.30.2012 , 02:12 PM | #8
I posted on the Gamer from Hell thread, and at the end of it I talked about how I requed with GF and got a nice group of fellows who I ran though Esseles with. I even added one of them to my friends list. We all cracked the joke about the first boss you encounter when the npcs are just yelling "Victory or nothing" like 5 times in a row. Haha it was a quite an experience. So the GF is a great tool, you'll get them good people and a few bad ones that come with it, but the good ones make it awesome

DrewFromPhilly
07.30.2012 , 02:12 PM | #9
I was on the imperial fleet the other night on shadowlands waiting for the GF to pop when another player said that she would be giving away money to ppl in front of the bounty hunter airlock. I was like "yeah, right" at first but then I noticed that people were thanking her so I go over there and she gives me 100K credits!!! For nothing!!! Probably the nicest thing I've seen anyone do so far in the game. I felt bad because I didn't have anything on me at the time that was even remotely close to being worth 100k so I gave her the beverages vector gives you on alderaan in the agent story missions lolz

Kalebratha
07.30.2012 , 03:23 PM | #10
Nice to see some positive posts for a change. I have had some good experiences with heavenly gamers and hope to continue doing so. A simple 'hello' when entering the group, a 'grtz' to the loot winners and a 'gg' at the end of the run can make all the difference.
Think for yourself. Question authority.