Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Help.

Chiqui
07.28.2012 , 05:51 PM | #1
I just got back into the swing of things when I resubbed about a week ago and cannot for the life of me seem to see anyway to profit on synthweaving. I'm 400 in it and I'm at a complete loss as to how I'm supposed to earn money with this trade skill on the GTN. Any pointers?
"Thirteen Inches unbuffed."

Mathias_Varr
07.28.2012 , 06:17 PM | #2
Go to your trainer and Learn the schematics for Augmentation Kit Mk 6.

These should sell for 30-50k credits.

Wizard_Thoarin
07.28.2012 , 06:19 PM | #3
For synthweaving I have found that heavy armor sells best with light second and last is the medium armor so I sell mostly heavy and occasionally light armor. I also sell mostly level 9 through level 31 and sell mostly to alts. Lastly, depending on the server I price my stuff 3 to 7 times what ever the default GTN price is for prototype (blue) items. Since moving to a heavier populated server I've found I can charge more so I'm usually up at 5 times the default price.

Second, I try to never buy raw materials off of the GTN since in my opinion people are charging way too much for raw materials. Bioware in my opinion mostly to blame for the cost of raw materials on the GTN. But if you harvest for yourself while out adventuring and run your spare companions on gathering missions for the raw materials you need you can make good credits. It just may take longer.
Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid

UberRod
07.29.2012 , 10:14 AM | #4
Yeah, learn the Augmentation kit MK-6 from your trainer. Depending on your server you should be able to sell it for at least 40k.

Of course you need 10 augmentation components, but you get these automatically when you reverse engineer items. So make 10 green level 47+ items reverse engineer them and you have the 10 aug. components.

You can also make money making purple top tier augments.