Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

recipes from gift missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
recipes from gift missions?

Ampalaea
07.28.2012 , 06:18 AM | #1
I tried to google it, but couldn't find anything so I needed to open a new thread to ask this..

Can gift missions have a recipe on their critical success?or I have to run the materials missions?
Also I would like to know if the better the mission is the better the chances to critical, if they are of course in the same difficulty..for example a green Abundant and a green Rich mission have the same chances to have a critical success?

Also when I run a mission for underworld metal and it comes back with a purple quality of metal, does this mean it was a critical mission? At these case, what are the chances again depending on quality of the mission? Does a rich green have the same chance to give you purple metals as a moderate mission?Or it only affect the quantity of the metals you receive?

Yogol
07.28.2012 , 07:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ampalaea View Post
Can gift missions have a recipe on their critical success?or I have to run the materials missions?
Gift missions don't give recipes when they crit, a crit on a gift mission gives better gifts (blue or puurple).
The best way to get recipes are to buy them from GTN, there is no other reliable way.

Also I would like to know if the better the mission is the better the chances to critical, if they are of course in the same difficulty..for example a green Abundant and a green Rich mission have the same chances to have a critical success?
Yes, all green missions all have the same chance to crit.

There are 3 factors that define the odds to crit...
1. The color of the mission : 10% for orange missions, 15% for grey / green & yellow.
2. Between 0 & 5% depending of the affection of the companion.
3. Between 0 & 2% depending on the specialty of the mission.

So, when you're 400 with maxed out companion affection, the odds are 20% to crit.

Also when I run a mission for underworld metal and it comes back with a purple quality of metal, does this mean it was a critical mission?
Yes.

[QUOTE=Ampalaea;4926400]At these case, what are the chances again depending on quality of the mission?/QUOTE]
See above.

Does a rich green have the same chance to give you purple metals as a moderate mission?Or it only affect the quantity of the metals you receive?
See above... So, yes, it only affects the quanity.

Hope this helps!!!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Ampalaea
07.28.2012 , 08:40 AM | #3
Thank you very much :P couldn't ask for more clear answer

/salute

finelinebob
07.28.2012 , 10:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
Gift missions don't give recipes when they crit, a crit on a gift mission gives better gifts (blue or puurple).
The best way to get recipes are to buy them from GTN, there is no other reliable way.
Actually, gift missions DO give schematics. Just got one with an Underworld Goods gift from a Grade 6 UT Gifts mission. Looks like if you crit, there is a chance that you get a blue gift and a schematic OR a purple gift. I seem to recall getting schematics from other skills' gift missions as well ... I run a lot of gift missions and get a lot of schematics.

[In fact, it was an Electrum Onslaught Belt ... custom belt schematic ... pardon me while I craft a few up and make some creds ]
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet