Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plea to the Dev's

Exxecutioner
07.27.2012 , 01:42 PM | #1
Hopefully I'm not exposing some element of the game that is completely lost on me. But in my opinion, there should be some help from the Dev's to safeguard the users against poor rates when it comes to RE'ing to get a schematic.

On my Inquisior I have RE'd the Blue Redoubt Immunity Module what seems like nearly 20 times in an effort to get the Artifact level.... And nothing. Realistically 10% can be a pretty low chance to get something to take. It would be nice if the game were set up to where it's a 10% chance to learn on RE, or you learn it after you've crafted 10, or 20, or whatever. At least some kind of safeguard to the ridiculous amount of luck I seem to be having on RE'ing items.

Even items with a 20% learn rate, I've managed to RE over 10 before I get the pattern. Am I bellyaching? Yes, but it's just a little too RNG with no safeguarding to make the game more fun than frustrating that is irritating me.

jumay
07.27.2012 , 02:11 PM | #2
Having said that......

It has gotten 10 times better than it was. I think the devs thought it would be fun to play the frustration game over and over with crew skills. It wouldn't be the only thing that they have missed on. They have made some adjustments, but they still have a ways to go to get it right.

I will say that the hit a homerun with the mission skills. I am very glad that I don't have to farm planets for every mat that I need.

finelinebob
07.27.2012 , 02:16 PM | #3
Sorry, but you're assuming that they care. They had a long, long beta period to learn about the consequences of a pure RNG system and should have had enough people who understand the basics of probability theory to know what would happen when tens of thousands of people started tossing the dice with their system. The only conclusion that is reasonable is that things are Working as Intended. The only thing we can really do is stop whining about how things are broken -- they aren't -- and start demanding something better.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Yogol
07.28.2012 , 04:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by finelinebob View Post
The only thing we can really do is stop whining about how things are broken -- they aren't -- and start demanding something better.
Yes, indeed, we need something better.

It would already be much, much easier if you could (for example) double/triple your crit chance by using doublt/triple the amount of materials. Higher crit chances lower the variance and it's that variance everyone complains about.

But we've been saying that since beta and they just don't listen. Plenty of people have already left, so alot of people that are still here are fanbois, which lowers the influence of people that want to change things.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.