Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWOTR Community

Arlbo_Nabbins
07.28.2012 , 06:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucroarna View Post
Moderate your game. The people you let talk the way they do are degenerates and belong behind bars.
Report them, BW can't actively monitor all chat all the time.

Have to say I have not really seen much of that behaviour on Nightmare Lands.

ScarletBlaze
07.29.2012 , 10:42 AM | #12
What seems to be missing is a sense of community. Everyone is in a hurry to level and not take the time to get to know anyone. With the possibilty of getting yelled at SWG had that community and that is what is missing. (Not speaking sandboxes, combat, etc). For everythng that it didin't have there was a sense of community.

Maybe this will explain.

http://youtu.be/V4ahu7S0gYA
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

bionamaster
07.29.2012 , 11:02 AM | #13
I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with the community, OP. I completely concur on the fact that the community of this game leaves much to be desired. I keep General Chat permanently off, and play with one of those rare Guilds that are polite and troll-free.

I don't stay permanently on Carrick Station like other level 50's, I explore the lush galaxy Bioware created, I do my daily missions, I hunt datacrons, I do PvP and Ops and such with my Guild and friends. Thus, I barely ever see any trolls. However, when I had chat on, I saw everything from racial slurs to religious slurs, mean comments, inappropriate behavior, horrendous foul language, the things that I don't play games like GTA to avoid. I know

Bioware can't do much to repair a broken community, no matter how many patches they introduce, how many exciting new planets and content to distract the trolls for a brief time. Eventually they'll come back, with all their flashy gear and badges, calling people noobs and far worse besides. I don't want to try to change your mind, OP, if this post came across as that, I apologize. I wish you good luck with future communities and games, and hope you meet far better people then those who play this game.

May the Force be with you (and the trolls far away).
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!