Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth it to keep playing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is it worth it to keep playing?

07.26.2012 , 07:25 AM | #11
Well he the guy in the video cusses real good,didnt know people who could make you tube videos could cuss that good.
he b****es real good too.I think the cussing makes his b*************** seem more like real b*************** than just regular b***************.
There was no coffee, and to survive you had to sift through the hair on your girlfriend's back for lice as a source of nutrition ...If she waxed her back you'de die

07.26.2012 , 07:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CygnusMX View Post
Well he the guy in the video cusses real good,didnt know people who could make you tube videos could cuss that good.
he b****es real good too.I think the cussing makes his b*************** seem more like real b*************** than just regular b***************.

I've always felt that if you cannot make a point or form an argument without swearing then you have no argument to begin with.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

07.26.2012 , 08:07 AM | #13
Why do you need someone else's input to determine whether or not you want to keep playing? Why does it matter to you what other people think?

Are you having fun? Keep playing.

Are you not having fun? Stop playing.

Yes. Sometimes life really can be that simple.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog:

07.26.2012 , 08:31 AM | #14
Answering the thread title: yes, it is. I for one, as long as I'm having fun with the game, it's worth playing.
You should conclude if it's worth playing by yourself and not by what some guy says on a video.
Is there lack of communication from BW? Maybe... well... I'd like them to tell us more about what's going on but ultimately they must have their reasons to do what they do. If those are good or bad reasons, that's another story...

07.26.2012 , 09:43 AM | #15
Yes it is...your vid had no solid reasons why your quitting not to mention some public speaking classes would do you some good. Quite frankly I feel its one less self entitled player who feels that BW wont take "MY" suggestions so the game will fail posts. Go make your own MMO and see how it goes. I still like the game and will continue to play until I dont like it.

Did you give all your stuff away to your friends or did you keep it for when you come back?
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

07.26.2012 , 09:27 PM | #16
I guess it is
Even tho I'm fast getting bored I have tried some new titles tsw gw2 beta d3
And have come to realize that there's not much better than this out there ATM pvp wise
And find myself logging in for war zones everyday
I quit wow after 7 years and can't see myself back there anytime soon

07.26.2012 , 11:29 PM | #17
If you are having fun, yes. It has nothing to do with gamers and or Star Wars fans.

Sounds simplistic but one thing that really struck me about the video is his distinction between gamers and Star Wars fans. What the hell was that about? I'm a gamer and I will speak for myself. I will not presume to define what is a "gamers" game or otherwise.

07.27.2012 , 02:54 PM | #18
I've got to agree if your still having fun, why let someone else's opinion affect yours. I've taken a few short breaks from TOR from time to time to the point that I've had the game since launch and the highest levelled character I have is a level 32 who's only just started Chapter 2 of the Sith Warrior story because I took a few two weeks breaks to play other games.

Really the question is do you think it's still worth playing? And in the end only you can answer that, I say yes but I have a loooong way to go before I've done everything but even if I had as long as I was still enjoying it then I'd keep playing.
"Goodness reflects the light and evil bears the seed of all darkness. These are mirrors of the soul, reflections of the mind."

07.28.2012 , 10:07 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by sykopaf View Post

Zybaks video really got me thinking about this game, I like it a lot but he brings up a lot of good points, Just don't know if its worth continuing to play
the fact that you have to ask means you dont get it ....

why do we play games? i dont know about you but i do for fun and relaxation

where you having fun before reading someother disgruntled attention whore said he wasnt? < i am , still am after watching that

if you can answer the above questions for yourself, then you dont need anyone telling you "if its worth to keep playing this game" , you would know if its worht TO YOU to keep playing it....i am, cuz im still getting what i expect from it, fun and relaxation its not a gdamed job, and it only costs me 50 cents a day

07.28.2012 , 03:50 PM | #20
I agree with his negative sentiment towards EA... it's obvious the bad PR (mostly player/lurker generated, not media) and falling subscription numbers have totally spooked them, and they are kneeling by the plug, hand ready to pull.

I LOVE this game, but am scared for the future. I'm going to keep on playing cause I enjoy it of course, but the negative tsunami can only batter ones hatches for so long... everyone has a breaking point I guess.

I might take a sub-break when GW2 launches (mine is up for renewal on the 26th... perfect timing really), enjoy that for a while - then come back once HK/Makeb/New WZ are all go.... I haven't given up, I just really want to play GW2 as well (looks so much fun!) and come back to SWTOR for the great Star Wars stories and new stuff once it's out: yay!
<< Wearing nothing by Issey Miyake and Golden Pantaloons >>

Indy Sandbag Trick