Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth it to keep playing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is it worth it to keep playing?

sykopaf
07.25.2012 , 05:29 PM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdW0S5Gljc

Zybaks video really got me thinking about this game, I like it a lot but he brings up a lot of good points, Just don't know if its worth continuing to play

Beerhauler
07.25.2012 , 07:28 PM | #2
if your going to let someone else tell you how to feel about it, probley not.
i swear with all the flame haters out there i thought they would have moved on by now and quit their B&^$%*#g.
The Trouble With Trouble Is, It Always Starts Out As Fun!

assassinkaya
07.25.2012 , 08:45 PM | #3
ya i just watched it but i like the game and im a star wars fan so i dont care
No Mercy!

Arlbo_Nabbins
07.25.2012 , 09:56 PM | #4
The person who made that video is a grade A idiot. If you want to get your opinions from idiots then go ahead.

I only managed to watch about 1/3 before he managed to claim that answers about companions in a Q&A are pointless and the only new content we have heard about for months is HK-51.

aurellian
07.25.2012 , 10:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sykopaf View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdW0S5Gljc

Zybaks video really got me thinking about this game, I like it a lot but he brings up a lot of good points, Just don't know if its worth continuing to play
Seems to me like you have already made up your mind about playing the game and you're just looking for vindication. If you don't like the game, don't play it. But stop playing it for your own reasons and not someone else's otherwise you'll inevitably find yourself disappointed.

Barrgil
07.25.2012 , 11:17 PM | #6
I honestly have to agree with the video, I have been subbed to this game ever since I got it, which was about a week or so after launch.

I loved it. It was awesome, but that experience was only from leveling. Now, I have a few 50s and a highly geared Assassin that have experience everything. I've beaten all the OPs, FPs, and there is simply nothing to do anymore. I have not logged in for a few days and the communication from Bioware is basically non-existent.

There have been so many bugs since day 1 that BW have completely ignored even up to now that people keep bringing up and tossed around. These new layoffs and mess ups and not to mention the pointless Q&A answers that answer really nothing at all makes me even wonder how people can still play this. The only people that still play are literally Star wars fans or those who seriously have nothing else to play or hasn't experienced everything yet.

I've been supportive of BW since 1.2, been patient with them and have waited and waited for something new but the news so far has completely degraded my patience. Long story short, I got very bored and BW is beginning to fail, and fail hard. More and more unscheduled maintenances are appearing every week and like I said before the answers for the Q&A are absolutely stupid and has nothing to do with the state of the game.
KÓra - Deception Assassin
Bargil - Hybrid Sorcerer
DARKHOUND - Hyperspace Cannon | Dara Mactire - The Crucible Pits

Listerman
07.25.2012 , 11:17 PM | #7
I'll mirror the settlement.
You don't need someone else to wipe your *** after going to the bathroom, do you?
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Kyorobr
07.26.2012 , 06:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Barrgil View Post
I honestly have to agree with the video, I have been subbed to this game ever since I got it, which was about a week or so after launch.

I loved it. It was awesome, but that experience was only from leveling. Now, I have a few 50s and a highly geared Assassin that have experience everything. I've beaten all the OPs, FPs, and there is simply nothing to do anymore. I have not logged in for a few days and the communication from Bioware is basically non-existent.

There have been so many bugs since day 1 that BW have completely ignored even up to now that people keep bringing up and tossed around. These new layoffs and mess ups and not to mention the pointless Q&A answers that answer really nothing at all makes me even wonder how people can still play this. The only people that still play are literally Star wars fans or those who seriously have nothing else to play or hasn't experienced everything yet.

I've been supportive of BW since 1.2, been patient with them and have waited and waited for something new but the news so far has completely degraded my patience. Long story short, I got very bored and BW is beginning to fail, and fail hard. More and more unscheduled maintenances are appearing every week and like I said before the answers for the Q&A are absolutely stupid and has nothing to do with the state of the game.
- I completely agree with you. I'm a star wars fan since my childhood, watched all the movies a thousand times and even at least 3x or more a year I promote a Star Wars Marathon with friends. I played SWG since the beginning, and I love it until some terrible changes shows up in the game - NGE mods, Card Battle, Graphic mods to low, card battles, etc. Now, I start to play this game in January and it's really astonishing at the first moment and so. Now I left this game because I can't see so much improvement coming from BW. Space changing, space battles pvp, ship customization (We can see it in SW, Vader had a personal advanced tie, Solo and his Millenium Falcon..) and here we don't see it. I just see ppl complaining about the craft and reengineering issue, level cap short, high price of the items, etc. So, I left and I wish to everyone...have fun and BW, listen to your gamers, they are the ones whose make this game be what it is.

Lorica
07.26.2012 , 07:12 AM | #9
See, that is what you all get for marathon toon building. I only have 1 (50) and the rest are under 30.

Journeyer
07.26.2012 , 07:16 AM | #10
Guy in the video is very into PvP, has been nitpicking little things he wants to see in the PvP game since he started making videos, and is upset that BW is not addressing his feature requests. Was pretty much the same way the first time he quit Swtor.

His argument is lots of vague, unspecific statements about being disappointed, followed by a mini rant about how BW refuses to answer any questions that matter and reveals nothing of their upcoming plans. Which pretty much ignores the fact that the questions they answer are very usually popular whirlwinds of debate and discussion from across the whole forum, and that they've announced a whole slew of new things coming by the end of this year.

His views (from a past video) on what is needed to make the game "perfect" are way too "inside the box" thinking. He's got some very specific little PvP features that he wants, and then he'd allegedly be completely satisfied. BW knows better, and is working on both quality of life feature (though not as quickly as he wants) and general game expansion for the rest of us.

I mean, can this game get better? Oh yes. And there's tons of things I can *imagine* I'd love to see and get disappointed with not seeing in the game so far. But there was a ton there at the start, and a ton more 7 months in, and according to the info they've provided so far, a ton more stuff in the next 6 months.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution