Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Andge
11.20.2012 , 12:34 PM | #91
Nihilus sucks. The Exile (can't remember her name) made a joke out of him. And apparently The Exile and Revan both suck compared to the Hero of Tython and Vitiate...

Wolfninjajedi
11.20.2012 , 12:36 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
That's funny, I was playing KOTOR just the other day, I could customize him/her.
The "Revan" in SWTOR and the book(s?) should not be considered canon, besides the way they made him is pathetic at best. But fine, if you want to take everything EAWare or George says completely serious, have fun. Enjoy Han shooting first.

There are fanfics better than the crap these people spewed out. Fact.
Ya you could make Revan who you wanted, because the game was released before the character stopped being a blank slate...thats nothing new.

So tell us then, why shouldn't Revan be considered canon hm? Because he got dealt a bad hand? If thats all you got, then thats a pretty weak argument. My fav character, got dealt a worse hand then Revan and you don't see me complaining about it do you? No I moved on, so just accept what is done and stop complaining about it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Andge
11.20.2012 , 12:39 PM | #93
That's funny, I was playing KOTOR just the other day, I could customize him/her.
The "Revan" in SWTOR and the book(s?) should not be considered canon, besides the way they made him is pathetic at best. But fine, if you want to take everything EAWare or George says completely serious, have fun. Enjoy Han shooting first.

There are fanfics better than the crap these people spewed out. Fact.
Denial, denial, denial XD

That fact that you think the book sucks, does not change the fact that whoever owns the IP decrees what's canon. Sure, you can have your own personal Star Wars universe going on, where up is down and down is up, we can't prevent you from that.
But official Star Wars is official Star Wars.

Darth_Urtani
11.20.2012 , 12:52 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya you could make Revan who you wanted, because the game was released before the character stopped being a blank slate...thats nothing new.

So tell us then, why shouldn't Revan be considered canon hm? Because he got dealt a bad hand? If thats all you got, then thats a pretty weak argument. My fav character, got dealt a worse hand then Revan and you don't see me complaining about it do you? No I moved on, so just accept what is done and stop complaining about it.

Because what they did was ridiculous, they ruined what was once good, seriously. What's even worse is that they made him live for 300 years, made what you did not matter in KOTOR, etc. They could have let him be. But nope, EAWare had to have Revan because "He's so cool!!! XD"

So you gave up? Okay, but I'm not a quitter, I stick with my guns unlike you, kind of sad you're so easily swayed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Denial, denial, denial XD

That fact that you think the book sucks, does not change the fact that whoever owns the IP decrees what's canon. Sure, you can have your own personal Star Wars universe going on, where up is down and down is up, we can't prevent you from that.
But official Star Wars is official Star Wars.
In space, there is no such thing as up and down. Official maybe, but in that case, Luke saw young Aniken (or however you spell that emo's name) Skywalker, Han didn't shoot first and had super duper fast reflexes, Darth Vader screams NOOOOOOOooOOOoOOO for some reason. etc

I pity those who take Star Wars lore seriously, bet you all eat up whatever the IP ***** out.
CE VIP

Andge
11.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #95
I pity those who take Star Wars lore seriously, bet you all eat up whatever the IP ***** out.
I'm not sure what you mean with the expression "take SW lore seriously". I mean, it's fiction. Nothing about it is serious.
But I do take serious the fact that whoever owns the IP owns the IP XD

Wolfninjajedi
11.20.2012 , 01:19 PM | #96
Because what they did was ridiculous, they ruined what was once good, seriously. What's even worse is that they made him live for 300 years, made what you did not matter in KOTOR, etc. They could have let him be. But nope, EAWare had to have Revan because "He's so cool!!! XD"

So you gave up? Okay, but I'm not a quitter, I stick with my guns unlike you, kind of sad you're so easily swayed

How could they ruin someone who didn't even have a face up till now? Things don't go always what someone plans out to take place, but you should blame the Revan fans for that because they just don't wanna see him die. I mean he died in Beta, yet people QQ enough cause he died and now he just disappears in a flash of bright light.

I take the lore seriously sure, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything about it.

pbajnokl
11.20.2012 , 04:01 PM | #97
How could they ruin someone who didn't even have a face up till now? Things don't go always what someone plans out to take place, but you should blame the Revan fans for that because they just don't wanna see him die. I mean he died in Beta, yet people QQ enough cause he died and now he just disappears in a flash of bright light.

I take the lore seriously sure, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything about it.
LOLOLOLOLOL Revan died in the ?Beta? do u even know what the BETA means? It means it's not finished yet... even Darth Malgus died in the false emperor beta...aand now he just jump in a hole.... problem?

Slowpokeking
11.20.2012 , 04:11 PM | #98
Exar Kun, he never truly lost a duel in his life(maybe to master Ood?), his spirit took an entire Jedi army to imprison, and he even severed Luke's soul off.

Wolfninjajedi
11.20.2012 , 04:34 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL Revan died in the ?Beta? do u even know what the BETA means? It means it's not finished yet... even Darth Malgus died in the false emperor beta...aand now he just jump in a hole.... problem?
No I know what Beta means, but just because it isn't finished doesn't mean he couldn't have stayed dead in the finished project. As for the Malgus thing, the same thing he could have just stayed dead but instead thought to perhaps use him another time. People did whine alot though upon Revan actually being killed, and if they didn't complain BW probably would have kept it in because this game isn't about Revan its about new heroes.

Aurbere
11.20.2012 , 04:38 PM | #100
No I know what Beta means, but just because it isn't finished doesn't mean he couldn't have stayed dead in the finished project. As for the Malgus thing, the same thing he could have just stayed dead but instead thought to perhaps use him another time. People did whine alot though upon Revan actually being killed, and if they didn't complain BW probably would have kept it in because this game isn't about Revan its about new heroes.
Quoted for truth. So much truth...
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus