Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Gifts

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deewe
07.26.2012 , 09:13 PM | #11
Subscribed thx

Yogol
07.27.2012 , 04:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfmith View Post
actually the reason is because people get their skill to the top lvl and stop sending companions on other lvl quests...
Yes, but the reason WHY people don't send companion to lower levels, is because those don't pay alot. And they don't pay alot because of the vendor that sells rank 1 & 2.

I make quite alot of money with companion gifts and it's pretty simple, no one ever buys lower ranks, unless you put them up at the default price. And even then, it sometimes takes 2 or 3 postings of 2 days.

Another reason why people don't buy lower ranks is because the GTN is so terrible. Rumor has it that they'll upgrade the GTN soon, but for now, it is a terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE tool. We're 8 months live and you still can't filter out types of companion gifts on the GTN. Even when they added augments to the Miscellenaous category, it wasn't fixed.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Dakotahorn
07.27.2012 , 07:25 AM | #13
Thanks guys/gals for helping me add to if not complete this list. Unfortunately I am at work and won't be able to update this until tonight (don't want to do it on my phone right now Hahaha), but I will try to get this completed this evening.

Thanks again!

- Kodiac
"What do you mean what song?" - DJ to my drunk friend at karaoke after he had been called up to sing.

Glower
07.27.2012 , 07:37 AM | #14
Dakotahorn, TYvm!

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi there. I just wanted to stop in to say that this is a really cool resource! It should prove to be quite useful for many, so thanks for creating and contributing to the community in such a constructive way.

It would be better just to add a GIFT "level and type" filter to the auction in Misc category!.. But it is Bioware!

DarkZeron
07.27.2012 , 09:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Dakotahorn, TYvm!

It would be better just to add a GIFT "level and type" filter to the auction in Misc category!.. But it is Bioware!
This and this twice.
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Bioware!

Dakotahorn
07.28.2012 , 12:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi there. I just wanted to stop in to say that this is a really cool resource! It should prove to be quite useful for many, so thanks for creating and contributing to the community in such a constructive way.

Very cool, thank you!

I just want to let everyone know this is now 100% complete! Thanks to everyone who helped me fill in the gaps!
"What do you mean what song?" - DJ to my drunk friend at karaoke after he had been called up to sing.

Darlgon
07.28.2012 , 08:32 PM | #17
First off, OP, nice list. Seems like some stuff is missing, but I am unable to play for the past week and at least a few more days.

Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
Yes, but the reason WHY people don't send companion to lower levels, is because those don't pay alot. And they don't pay alot because of the vendor that sells rank 1 & 2.

I make quite alot of money with companion gifts and it's pretty simple, no one ever buys lower ranks, unless you put them up at the default price. And even then, it sometimes takes 2 or 3 postings of 2 days.
Umm.. Not exactly? On Shadowlands, T1 and T2 green gifts are guaranteed sales. I price them at just below the price of the vendor, which is usually a 200 credit profit over the mission.

The reason why few people list them is because, near as I can tell, once they are above the skill level of the T1 and T2 missions that grant them, they dont send their companions. I dont remember pricing 1.) because if anyone wants to use the tip, I want them to at least do the work of running over to the vendor and 2.) I really dont need the competition. Having pretty much a monopoly is fun.

For me, I send my companions on T1 gift missions constantly, just to cover the time it takes me to disembark from my ship to a planet. Usually, my companion is waiting planetside for me. On my level 400 guys, I send my companions to farm mats for my lower level tunes, while they skill up themselves. Gift missions are by FAR too predominant vs the stuff I really need, so I get mad at seeing soo many gift missions, making me less likely to send companions on missions for gifts. However, when I get a new companion on an alt, sending constantly on the T1 and T2 missions with my big tunes gets me stuff far better than I can get at vendor, like 3 gifts for 95 credits, or a purple git and a schem.

Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
Another reason why people don't buy lower ranks is because the GTN is so terrible. Rumor has it that they'll upgrade the GTN soon, but for now, it is a terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE tool. We're 8 months live and you still can't filter out types of companion gifts on the GTN. Even when they added augments to the Miscellenaous category, it wasn't fixed.
^^^^^^^ THIS. I know they "fixed" the GTN, but it is still wonky, and, I think, a known issue. While I would put companion gifts WAY behind being able to say, tell if I know already a schematic before I spend credits on it, it WOULD be nice if the "useful for" - "companion x" filter actually did something to show gift use for at least companions.

As a side note, the scale is a lil more complex than the only level 1 and level 5 gift rules someone mentioned above. I accidentally gave a level 5 favorite purple gift to a companion was below 5K and got less faction than a level 3 like green gift. Personally, I use the divide the 10K scale up concept. (0-2000 = T1, 2001-4000 = T2, 4001-6000 = T3, 6001-8000 = T4 and 8001- 10K = T5). However 9 plus to companion is better than nothing if his affection is way above zero.

Hope my ramblings help someone.

OdanBaruq
07.30.2012 , 08:35 AM | #18
Okay have to say this is awesome. Thank you! I rarely once in a while decide to buy them off the gtn but saves me a bit in long run when underworld trading is being a real pain in getting right kinds. But when I do havibng to search throguh a huge list seeing what kind they are is a real pain... am so glad for this list now Might buy more on gtn now to :P Going share this with some friends too. Page added to favorites