Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not getting mission discovery missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Not getting mission discovery missions

DarthBrakkan
07.21.2012 , 09:07 AM | #1
I am having a problem and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I am in a string of about 10 - 15 runs and have got one 340 purple mission discovery from a purple 340 slicing mission. I keep getting basic stuff back 4 blue slicing mats, 4 purple slicing mats and 1 lockbox with about 2k. I am making money due to the inflated price of might augments but very little when I am buying the missions for 65k and up. I am 400 slicing, 6k comp affection, +10 slicing crit comp, and even bought the legacy crafting crap.

Elegmagi
07.21.2012 , 09:19 AM | #2
First of all, you cannot get missions from tech parts. Secondly, there are no 10 crit companions in the game. And lastly, the legacy perk only affects crafting.

DarthBrakkan
07.21.2012 , 10:17 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Elegmagi View Post
First of all, you cannot get missions from tech parts. Secondly, there are no 10 crit companions in the game. And lastly, the legacy perk only affects crafting.
I am not getting them from the purple 340 slicing missions...which are supposed to drop mission discovery missions. Also, Theran Cedrax is +10 Slicing Crit. And, I read in the forums that the legacy perk is also for missions (even though it's not not worded that way). That may not be true.

darksidechemist
07.21.2012 , 11:30 AM | #4
Sounds like a streak of bad luck.

JustTooGood
07.21.2012 , 01:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBrakkan View Post
I am not getting them from the purple 340 slicing missions...which are supposed to drop mission discovery missions. Also, Theran Cedrax is +10 Slicing Crit. And, I read in the forums that the legacy perk is also for missions (even though it's not not worded that way). That may not be true.
Sources I have seen say Tharan is a +10 slicing efficiency, not crit. That just means the companion works faster.

ShawnFish
07.21.2012 , 02:04 PM | #6
As far as I understand,and i remember reading a quote somewhere, the legacy crafting perk ONLY effects critical success on crafting. Not missions, or gathering. Companion bonuses definitely help out so I recommend that for sure.

The thing is, because getting an augmented result doesn't really matter that much anymore due to augmentation kits, but when you craft an augment and crit you get two.
Alkalinex - - 50 Powertech
Rehab'Romance - - 50 Sorc
Rehab-Romance - - 27 Gunslinger
S'olstice - - 28 Operative

Alastasia
07.21.2012 , 03:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Elegmagi View Post
This^^^ All absolutely correct. Is op saying he should GET 340 mission discoveries from running 340 slicing mission discoveries? Uh... No. Just.... No. LOL!

Yogol
07.21.2012 , 09:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBrakkan View Post
I am having a problem and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I am in a string of about 10 - 15 runs and have got one 340 purple mission discovery from a purple 340 slicing mission. I keep getting basic stuff back 4 blue slicing mats, 4 purple slicing mats and 1 lockbox with about 2k. I am making money due to the inflated price of might augments but very little when I am buying the missions for 65k and up. I am 400 slicing, 6k comp affection, +10 slicing crit comp, and even bought the legacy crafting crap.
It's bad luck, that's all. You only get missions when you crit.

And, yes, like the others said, the +10 doesn't help for crits only for time, and no one really knows if the legacy thing works (the DEVs have been wrong on this topic in the past, it was corrected by someone else, but the correction didn't contain info aboutt gathering missions, iirc).

Get your companion to 10k affection, it doesn't cost that much.

That being said... you can make quite some profit from the 4 purple mats that you get. These mats are the reason why the missions costs so much.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

DarthBrakkan
07.27.2012 , 07:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alastasia View Post
This^^^ All absolutely correct. Is op saying he should GET 340 mission discoveries from running 340 slicing mission discoveries? Uh... No. Just.... No. LOL!
And why the f!@# not? How else are you supposed to get them?

DarthBrakkan
07.27.2012 , 07:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JustTooGood View Post
Sources I have seen say Tharan is a +10 slicing efficiency, not crit. That just means the companion works faster.
Yes your right but regardless I have not had a crit on a slicing mission in about 30 missions now.