Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

control companion crafting/mining via cell phone app?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
control companion crafting/mining via cell phone app?

Aardevark
12.14.2011 , 01:20 AM | #31
You will only be able to do this a few times as it costs credits to send them out gathering/missions.

Is one way to encourage Gold/Credit sellers, yeah i really want that.
"In order to learn the most important lessons of life, one must each day surmount a fear."

ColonelKer-Nal
12.14.2011 , 02:08 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Aardevark View Post
You will only be able to do this a few times as it costs credits to send them out gathering/missions.

Actually it's a way to discourage them. After all a good portion of the farmer's money comes from the market. If there are more people using the market (higher supply) this will help keep demand down. Which in turn keeps prices lower.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

Tralesh
12.14.2011 , 02:43 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Aardevark View Post

I don't think they need any encouragment, beyond kids with credit cards/paypal and a "need" to have the best for nothing.

Rekija
12.14.2011 , 05:38 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearmunky View Post
Slap a .99 price tag on it and they just made an easy million.
True story.

Although based on what I've seen on these forums over the months I would assume some people would find some reason to ragequit over it.

But it would be the same as logging in via a laptop but without having to carry the laptop with you.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right." - River Tam

Jude_Tavira
12.14.2011 , 05:39 AM | #35
my cell doesn't have the apps abilities ('cause i just needed a basic phone), but I'm in for this idea. An app for a cellphone means an app would be possible on a website, or even downloaded onto my laptop.
Bounty Hunter, baby. I'm only here for fortune, and fame.. in that order.

ElevenBGrunt
12.14.2011 , 09:09 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Soupmaster View Post
i like the idea. It's not an unfair advantage at all especially since it cost creds to do those crew skills. As mentioned already, you can't gain creds if you aren't playing the game, so all you do is lose creds. Its just a nice option to have (mainly for casual players, players who have lives and for people who are in group sessions; it prevents having to queue up the screen during a flashpoint/operation since you can do it from your phone) and to me it won't force people to have to get back on the game just to do some crafting.
I agree with the idea of app would be a good idea however, you statement about you cant get creds w/o being in game is false if you have a auction house app and a crew missions app you can send them on missions then sell the products on auction house and you can make creds from the auction house to feed the crew missions that get items to sell on auction house for creds for crew skills etc......
CE - Miraluka Jedi Consular

ColonelKer-Nal
12.14.2011 , 09:20 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by ElevenBGrunt View Post
I agree with the idea of app would be a good idea however, you statement about you cant get creds w/o being in game is false if you have a auction house app and a crew missions app you can send them on missions then sell the products on auction house and you can make creds from the auction house to feed the crew missions that get items to sell on auction house for creds for crew skills etc......
That's IF you have access to the GTN, something that hasn't been discussed yet.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

Noogiemaster
12.14.2011 , 09:26 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by EisenheimX View Post
you sir, deserve a cookie!
Not just any cookie a big fat WOOKIE COOKIE

RSXelrate
12.14.2011 , 12:16 PM | #39
Requested +1. I'd use the HELL out of this feature.