control companion crafting/mining via cell phone app?

SWGBria

say you are on the crapper/class/meeting at work with nothing to do and bored out of your mind, i think being able to send out companions to mine/craft would be cool

imagine sitting on the toilet and critting on some armor, I would be like "holy crap!"

Edited by SWGBria

say you are on the crapper/class/meeting at work with nothing to do and bored out of your mind, i think being able to send out companions to mine/craft would be cool

imagine sitting on the toilet and critting on some armor, I would be like "holy crap!"

you sir, deserve a cookie!

If that ever happens, I'm going to be livid because its giving some an unfair advantage.

Some people don't need to work and can play all day every day. So what? If anything this allows people who can't be at their computer all day to make up a little bit of ground.

It's really a profitability issue for BW. How can BW make the most money, and everyone else needs to "deal with it."

If they think releasing an app to allow people to queue up companion missions is a profitable venture they may look into it, and if they don't think it's profitable they won't.

Personally, I'd love to see such an app, I'd even buy it for 2-5 bucks if it worked well and they maintained support for it.

I think it's a cool idea. It's really not giving people an advantage and not 'unfair' in any way to let others craft while they're not playing the game. You most likely won't want to be on your phone gathering resources and crafting all day because when you get back on you'll be broke!

Crafting itself makes you short on cash so letting people spend money while not making money is penalty enough for those that choose to do so outside of the game. It would be cool to be able to finish crafting items when not online. Even being able to do nothing more than monitor your crafting would be cool.

lol why are people so vehemently to an iPhone app that would let people work on something while they're at work / away?

are these the same people that complained about CEs having a special vendor? lol.

At any rate, I agree with the idea. Perhaps make it cost double the credits per mission :p

Edited by BlazingShadow

If that ever happens, I'm going to be livid because its giving some an unfair advantage.

And a Lamborghini is faster than my beat up Monte Carlo, but i make due.....

I am for any and all tools that will add to the game.

i like the idea. It's not an unfair advantage at all especially since it cost creds to do those crew skills. As mentioned already, you can't gain creds if you aren't playing the game, so all you do is lose creds. Its just a nice option to have (mainly for casual players, players who have lives and for people who are in group sessions; it prevents having to queue up the screen during a flashpoint/operation since you can do it from your phone) and to me it won't force people to have to get back on the game just to do some crafting.