Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

swtor startup crash

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stealth_Niinja
07.12.2012 , 07:36 PM | #1
Hello every time i try to start up star wars it says it has crashes any ideas on how to fix this cause i can login and that do the patches then yea it crash once i hit play and trys to go fullscreen Please help me

Beesodd
07.12.2012 , 07:39 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Stealth_Niinja,

Please try the following fix, to see if it helps:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
  3. Open the client_settings.ini file and ensure the following are displayed within, or edit/add if so required:
    • Fullscreen = false
    • D3DFullScreen = false
    • RefreshRate = 60
  4. Save and close the file.
  5. Start the game as normal.
  6. Change graphic settings within the game as desired.

If the issue persists, please post up a copy of your DXDiag and we will investigate further.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Stealth_Niinja
07.12.2012 , 08:57 PM | #3
Yes when i open client setting i have the refresh rate and D3DFullscreen but i dont have Fullscreen on there

NVM i read everything this time

Beesodd
07.12.2012 , 09:02 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Stealth_Niinja,

In that case, please just drop in the Fullscreen = false line into a new line.

You may wish to create a backup of this file first, in case something goes wrong.

If this does not help, please run the repair function on the launcher, which can be found by clicking the cog icon after logging in.

Please let us know if any of these steps help. Thanks.

lucazzy
07.12.2012 , 09:09 PM | #5
I had this problem. I edited the file as directed above and the game finally stopped crashing after login. Then it brought me to server selection, and no servers are appearing at all. It's a blank list. What can I do to be able to access my server and characters?
Proud subscriber of Star Wars: The Old Republic since Day 1 of Early Access.

CE VIP

Beesodd
07.12.2012 , 09:16 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi lucazzy,

Please try setting the game and launcher to run in Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode. If one is set as this, but not the other, the issue that you are encountering can occur.

lucazzy
07.13.2012 , 12:19 AM | #7
How do I do that?
Proud subscriber of Star Wars: The Old Republic since Day 1 of Early Access.

CE VIP

Khorvas
04.03.2013 , 02:47 AM | #8
I have exactly the same problem and I used the repair tool like 3x and I have also uninstalled the game and installed it again (whole night download). And the crash persists.

Here is my Diag
Spoiler

MilesTeg_cy
04.03.2013 , 03:33 AM | #9
Hi,

First of, you should use "spoiler tag" when pasting such long texts like diag reports.
Second, this is a common problem started after the last patch and everyone is having the same issue. You better check the other topics for alternative solutions.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

TruLoon
04.09.2013 , 07:34 PM | #10
grrr... this keeps happening to me as well.. complete restart of computer works occasionally...
i changed the settings in the file as per told.. still getting
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 515e0be2
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e98d
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: d6ec8549
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e98d
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 6eab
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

and beyond telling us how to fix this, can you please tell us what the cause is??? and that you are working on a fix.. and when it will be implied... thank you