Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Gamer from Hell

Vereg
07.13.2012 , 03:47 AM | #21
Last night i got my third character to 50, and decided to queue for some normal FP's, did a red reaper that went really well, then got into Lost Island.

The tank was a bit of a rusher, but hey can live with that. He declares we're not going to do the bonus AFTER we pull the first bonus group, and i go down. He accuses me of being a ninja puller which is fair enough, i thought we were going for the bonus so i shot a mob. My bad. We then engage a pack and he taunts the first mob... only.

The healer gets aggro about three seconds later, and dies shortly after (Cue "OMG noob" spam from the tank who apparently has forgotten his taunt key). I spam probes like crazy to keep the tank alive while trying to DPS the pack down, we survive and move on.

We skip all the bonus groups and hit the first boss, everyones favourite droid. He runs in, and dance around a bit confused as to why the boss is not hostile.

This was the first real warning sign that we might be in trouble. I activate the console, boss kicks in, and away we go.
The tank literally MELTS. I mean the healer is going ballistic trying to keep him alive, and i'm throwing in probes between my DPS cycle just to try and keep this guy up. He backs himself into a corner and has to run through two charge fields to find space...
We wipe and respawn at the entrance to the FP. The tank immediately orders us to kick him, as we suck. I tell him to quit and take the timer, we're not giving up after one wipe, he then tells us he's going AFK for 30 minutes. So we drop the group and go our seperate ways, at which point he accuses me of being the worst healer he's ever teamed up with.

Well duh, i'm a gunnery spec commando...
/ignore
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ(●)Corvus[◉]Ξ█|{████████████████████)

Przemo_No
07.13.2012 , 03:51 AM | #22
How the heck someone who comes form PVE?RP could actually KNOW what kind of GEAR he needs to have and what OTHERS expect him to wear??
What is it all actually about? Are there NO rules in the PVP world? Like: you do not hit the space bar during conversations, you WAIT for others, and you discuss the strategy BEFORE any action?

I guess i know why i am absolutely NOT interested in any MMO experience..
Seems like nightmare...
or just a bunch of teenagers who cannot put their attention to anything longer than 20 seconds..
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Krowloon
07.13.2012 , 04:01 AM | #23
I play on Red Eclipse EU and, as a dedicated solo player, I often use LFG tool for flashpoints and I can't say I've had any particularly negative experiences with other fellow PUGers.

Things I dislike are tanks who skip through bonus content (out of the way chests and bonus missions) - but I understand them as some people don't have time or a too high level and bored, and people who squabble about boss tactics
Spoiler

Tatile
07.13.2012 , 04:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
How the heck someone who comes form PVE?RP could actually KNOW what kind of GEAR he needs to have and what OTHERS expect him to wear??
I love the fact that just because I roll on an RP server, people automagically think I'm supposed to be crap at this game. I have just as much Google access as the rest of you. I might enjoy having idle chit-chat in the cantina, but I like burning out content more.

Przemo_No
07.13.2012 , 05:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Krowloon View Post
I play on Red Eclipse EU and, as a dedicated solo player, ..................
Well, I was "forced" to move there too and I am solo as well..and like you, I could occasionally group for FP or any heroics but that does not mean, I am MMO-er
I suppose most of the complainers above think everyone here is for gear and loots and more kills... and running like nuts, skipping any conversation/task/environment.

but some of us are there just for the S(W)TOR(Y)
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

papaguyo
07.13.2012 , 05:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
. the player base demanded one since most were from wow clones and never developed the social skills needed to find a group. it is so sad. .
You think joining a large guild means you have social skills or because I am not in a large guild and donít WANT to be in a large guild I donít have social skills?

I donít have the time, nor do I want to spend the time to what it takes to be a good guild member so I donít try. I have a very sporadic play schedule and often when I play I have to have multiple AFKs as I do things around the house, etc. That is a play style that is no conducive to being a good and effective guild member.

There are two types in guilds in MMOs. The first type and most common are a group of people who solo a lot and do a few pugs with a common chat channel. This guild is pretty much useless and really isnít any different than soloing. The second type and what most peopel think they belong to are organized raiding guilds that require more play time and dedication then I am willing to give.

I donít want to be in either type of guild. Therefore I have to use the LFG tool to experience the group content. And that hopefully demonstrates a lot more social maturity then your condescending post does.

the other mmos had a community where we made friends, talked to each other and got groups in channel. that way if the person you didn't like was looking for more you just didn't respond to him. it was easy to tell who these people were by how long it took them to get others.
Ahh.., the ďit was so magical once in that other gameĒ message board lament.

What game was that? Because EQ at every level has thousands of jerks, gankers and ninja. Dark Age of Camolot was ruined by BOTTERS, gankers, ninjas and jerks at all levels. WoW was infested with gankers, ninjas and jerks at all levels. Being a jerk ganker and a ninja is required for EVE online. All of the above got even worse at the higher levels.

And wailing away in general chat for groups sucks.

thank god this game doesnt work that way.
But as this thread and my post demonstrates, this game does work that way. They all do.

zxckakel
07.13.2012 , 06:36 AM | #27
Gamers from Hell, some people just would click need even if they don't need it... They just want to see the world burn...
I just came here for the PVP...
Vys 50 Sith Deception Assassin(ToFN), Krossus 50 imm/veng jugg (ToFN), Dethecus 50 carnage marauder(Malak/Fatman)

vojinsa
07.13.2012 , 06:48 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
A player was on the Imperial Fleet, asking for a Black Talon run in general chat.

I joined, along with 2 other people.

He asked if we spacebar thru convos. Myself and another player said no, we enjoy the convos. Him and the other player said "that's cool".

So, while we're playing, the guy who asked about spacebar-ing, since two of us wanted to "slow down the group with convos", decided he was going to walk his toon thru the entire mission, making us all wait for him to catch up for convos or boss fights. He wanted to make a point about how people slow down groups with convos, so he decided to slow up the entire group.

Since I was the group leader, I waited, patiently.........

......until we reached the bridge of the Black Talon for the last time for mission hand-in, then booted his stupid butt from the group before we started the last convo.

Mwuhahahahahahaaaaaaaaa.
you inspire me sir.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

iamthehoyden
07.13.2012 , 09:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Well, I was "forced" to move there too and I am solo as well..and like you, I could occasionally group for FP or any heroics but that does not mean, I am MMO-er
I suppose most of the complainers above think everyone here is for gear and loots and more kills... and running like nuts, skipping any conversation/task/environment.

but some of us are there just for the S(W)TOR(Y)
Honey, you play a MMO; you are a MMO-er

The story part of swtor is great, and I love it. Unless I've seen a fp many many times I'm quite content to watch the conversations, especially with other classes I haven't played since I get to hear new lines as they respond. That said, there is an expectation that you can play the game beyond interactive-story level. In a group, either you know what you're doing or you make that clear and are willing to learn. A simple "first time here, tips/warnings appreciated" saves everyone a lot of stress and headaches.

Most of the players described above are the rare bad egg who not only is a poor player, but is rude and obnoxious as well. Not knowing what gear you should be wearing can be fixed by listening when people politely offer suggestions or asking if you don't know. And if I've misunderstood what you were trying to say, please correct me.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Malles
07.13.2012 , 11:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by dronepilot View Post
in groups, people don't usually like it when you 'need' for everything anyway. Just don't do it !! - from the story the OP explained, its really one of many. I was in one group for an heroic recently, where the guys I was in a group with, didn't understand how to operate as a team, and would not CC anything. Of course the healer died in seconds..

Experiences like that put me off wanting to group at all with anyone to be honest, its not just a matter of playing at a certain level, its understanding how to play the mission. If people don't know, or haven't done it before, really need to say before hand, so they can be walked through 'how to' do the mission.

I am not worried if some one is lesser geared, or has lesser experience, just that so the group know, so they can be helped on their first runs.

See this so many times ! - really NOT funny. Try Black Hole dailies.. yes you know who you are
Personally, I hate teaching people how to play. Because it seems like I always have to do it, every single time I queue. Dunno about you guys, but everything I learned about playing an MMO I either Googled, pulled "monkey see, monkey do", or just asked. If you don't know how to do something, research it or ask.

To quote someone else, "A newbie is someone new to the game. A noob is someone who refuses to learn how to play."
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?