Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Gamer from Hell

altosax
07.12.2012 , 05:28 AM | #1
Playing on Dalborra server, I ran into a player that joined a group using group finder. They kept telling everyone in the group to hit the spacebar to speed things up. Then at the end of the flashpoint [Esseles Hard Mode], they called a member of the team a bloody ***** because they didn't play up to their "standard" and then hit the button to "ignore" them. The person sent me a whisper saying how it "spoiled their first experience." The good thing was this moron got nothing from the drops! How many of you have run into the gamer from Hell while playing Swtor...

Altosax

uniz
07.12.2012 , 07:27 AM | #2
in this game only once (same tank with two of my 50s) but i mostly do hms with my guildies. in rift it was rather frequent.( actually rift was just craptastic at the beginning but was ok after the six month subs ran out and yes it was cross server). however in all the mmos i have played only this game and rift had a lfd. the player base demanded one since most were from wow clones and never developed the social skills needed to find a group. it is so sad.

the other mmos had a community where we made friends, talked to each other and got groups in channel. that way if the person you didn't like was looking for more you just didn't respond to him. it was easy to tell who these people were by how long it took them to get others.

sooner or later you will see people posting here on the forums how lfd isn't working. at least for them it isn't. when it is actually because they are ill mannered and are put on too many ignore lists. these are the people who want cross server lfd so they can continue being a jerk and still get groups. thank god this game doesnt work that way. i don't need to meet other servers' ill manner people. there are enough on the one we are on.

Scorpienne
07.12.2012 , 07:38 AM | #3
True story - tried the group finder for the first time last night for a flashpoint I hadn't done before. I'm in a big guild, but I like meeting new people too, so it's nice to have a matchmaker with the LFD tool.

I'm heals, the BF is DPS, we join up with another DPS and a tank.

The tank needs on *every single item* "for his companion".

Me and the BF say "Sorry folks. It's not worth our very limited play time to group with someone who needs for everything. That's just not how we roll. We're going to bug out. You'll have more heals and DPS soon. Best of luck in all your future endeavours".

The other DPS says "well, we could kick the tank?"

To which we respond. "Oh, okay. Didn't know it was like that. Cool." Tank is kicked.

The tank then proceeds to call me crazy (among other things) and report me to the mods - for what I don't know. My response was "thank you, I'd be delighted to discuss this with any interested moderator." /ignore tankname

Then the name and guild of the tank goes on "The List" for my guild (The List = people to avoid).

The LFG tool is likely to expose people to some really poorly socialized players. All we can do is liberally use /ignore and remind ourselves and other like minded persons to steer clear of them.

Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
i don't need to meet other servers' ill manner people. there are enough on the one we are on.
QFT

Paige

Master_Nate
07.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #4
I've used the LFG tool a few times and through my experiences, the players I've been grouped with are not very social to begin with. I guess that was expected in this LFG tool, the only people using it are the solo players, like myself. However, i did recently disband from a rather big raiding guild where I learned the etiquette that goes with looting and time management for the other players I am grouped with. I respect that they are giving their time up so that I can experience things I could not have without them coming from a dead server, plus I do enjoy running with a team vs solo, but all the BS that goes with teaming sometimes just makes me say **** it and because of it, I mainly just PvP now.

Since the xfer, the guild disbanded....people have met other people who have a more concrete leader than the guild I was in etc etc. So I decided to break on all that and just roll a PvP oriented toon. I do enjoy the occasional FP but I do not enjoy the LFG tool because of the people I am paired with. The tool is great, however the one's using it....seem to be rather selfish, thus I have stopped using it. If I want to run something I'll just look up some people I've teamed with prior to the LFG tool or I won't run the FP at all, I have all but stopped caring. The sad reality is that this is common amongst many solo people like myself, however I guess I just inherently know the difference in what is right and what is wrong, I think we all do....just most don't care because of that 'anonymous' mentality!
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

MrMajestic
07.12.2012 , 12:52 PM | #5
So far I've only had one bad experience in this game while part of a pug. It was on one of my alts. I joined the group in progress, they were on the last boss in Hammer Station. The tank was going on and on about noob this, and noob that, and how the last two dps were horrible. He was the first player I've put on ignore in this game.

Everyone else I've had the pleasure of grouping with, in the group finder, doing dailies, just running around, has been great. The Harbinger has some good people on it.
Tyrania-Sith Marauder-Harbinger
Taren-Jedi Knight Guardian-Harbinger

Letallis
07.12.2012 , 01:53 PM | #6
I went in to a WZ the other night that was already in progress. The first thing said in ops chat is this guy calling everyone "tards". He whined back and forth a bit. He was in one of those PvP guilds that think they are hot stuff on an RP-PVE server.

The guy was whining but we won. Who knows why people do that.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

Malles
07.12.2012 , 02:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by altosax View Post
Playing on Dalborra server, I ran into a player that joined a group using group finder. They kept telling everyone in the group to hit the spacebar to speed things up. Then at the end of the flashpoint [Esseles Hard Mode], they called a member of the team a bloody ***** because they didn't play up to their "standard" and then hit the button to "ignore" them. The person sent me a whisper saying how it "spoiled their first experience." The good thing was this moron got nothing from the drops! How many of you have run into the gamer from Hell while playing Swtor...

Altosax
Not so much on SWTOR, which frankly surprised me. On one hand, the Star Wars I know and love always had a pretty chill fan base (until someone brings up George Lucas), but on the other, this is an online game and online gamers are required by international law to act retarded.

Never had anyone truly give me crap, but I did drop a HM group when they kicked the healer just for getting up to answer the doorbell. I was the tank, so I imagine that stung a bit . My idea of the Gamer From Hell is the guy who completely sucks at what he's doing and gets offended when someone offers a tip. I'm all for letting people play the way they want to play, but when their bad playing starts killing the fun time I'm paying a subscription for, then I'm going to say something. Only had that happen twice in SWTOR, but in WoW it got to the point I'd immediately drop any random group that had a night elf hunter or a blood elf death knight in it.

Off topic: Racism is bad even on MMOs, don't be like me.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Malles
07.12.2012 , 02:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Letallis View Post
I went in to a WZ the other night that was already in progress. The first thing said in ops chat is this guy calling everyone "tards". He whined back and forth a bit. He was in one of those PvP guilds that think they are hot stuff on an RP-PVE server.

The guy was whining but we won. Who knows why people do that.
A kid who gets picked on in school but thinks he's awesome online. Be kind of sad if they didn't insist on being my problem.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

kalenath
07.12.2012 , 02:26 PM | #9
The Gamer from Hell?

LFG PUG

Myself as a freshly 50 vanguard tank, a sage healer, a commando and a sentinel. Taral V HM, so not all that long OR hard. Except...

Sentinel kept running ahead of us, aggroing everything. I mark a target and he AOEs after the cc goes in, then blames ME for not holding aggrro. We hit the captain boss, and he decids to pull aggro on the beast and the captain before I can taunt again. We wipe and of course it is MY fault.

Then he COMPLETELY ignores the strategy for the laser eye boss, gets 3 shotted and starts yelling at the healer of all people. And he wasn't done!

Final boss, I wanted to LOS him, pull him away from his turrets. Sensible, right? Not for this sentinel. As soon as I pull the boss he jumps in, gets slammed into the ground and almost insta-gibbed. My fault of course, as the tank, I should have done what HE wanted to do, even though standing in plain view for the turrets to chop me to pieces made no sense.

And his excuse? I was slow. The healer was slow. None of US knew how to play. None of US wanted to help HIM win. He proceeded to tell me -a founder who played the beta, and from launch- to L2P. MY response? /ignore.

The LFG tool is exactly what I feared it would be. A tool for angry anti-social people to abuse others. I use it every day with premade groups of guildies for BH comms and nothing else. Its just not worth the aggravation.
My stories in order:
Love, the Force, and Everything Discussion thread here

CaptRavenous
07.12.2012 , 02:35 PM | #10
A player was on the Imperial Fleet, asking for a Black Talon run in general chat.

I joined, along with 2 other people.

He asked if we spacebar thru convos. Myself and another player said no, we enjoy the convos. Him and the other player said "that's cool".

So, while we're playing, the guy who asked about spacebar-ing, since two of us wanted to "slow down the group with convos", decided he was going to walk his toon thru the entire mission, making us all wait for him to catch up for convos or boss fights. He wanted to make a point about how people slow down groups with convos, so he decided to slow up the entire group.

Since I was the group leader, I waited, patiently.........

......until we reached the bridge of the Black Talon for the last time for mission hand-in, then booted his stupid butt from the group before we started the last convo.

Mwuhahahahahahaaaaaaaaa.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast