Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 BIS setups

Daellia
07.06.2012 , 04:38 PM | #1
We at MMO-Mechanics.com have been hard at work over the last couple weeks boiling down all of the changes in 1.3 (and 1.2, to an extent), and we've come up with our solid marks for current BIS gear setups, linked below for each of the 3 DPS specs. I've also listed buffed stats for each, so those of you nearly BIS gear can use them as a landmark for ideal stat ratios. Lastly, I've included in spoiler tags the current priority list for each of the setups, in SimC format.

Note that the DPS listed assumes a single-target Patchwerk fight with a single armor debuff and full raid buffs (including stim), duration 300 seconds (5 minutes) 60 seconds. Stats listed are with raid buffs but before stim.

Lightning (1853.1 DPS)
AMR Profile
Stats: 2129 Willpower, 992 power, 164 crit, 342 alacrity, 228 surge
Rotation:
Spoiler

Madness (1781.8 DPS)
AMR Profile
Stats: 2129 Willpower, 838 power, 205 crit, 228 alacrity, 342 surge
Rotation:
Spoiler

Hybrid (1772.4 DPS)
AMR Profile
Stats: 2129 Willpower, 759 power, 287 crit, 285 alacrity, 285 surge
Rotation:
Spoiler

One thing to note in particular about the ability queues if that for Madness and Hybrid builds, it is ideal to use a charge of Recklessness on Deathfield, rather than both on Force Lightning, meaning you want to cast Recklessness at a time when DF is either already available or will be available within 1 FL channel duration.

For Lightning, the optimal use of Recklessness is on a Storm CL and a Barrage FL, as previous.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

pureeffinmetal
07.06.2012 , 05:24 PM | #2
Awesome stuff, thanks!

On a side note, perhaps my SimC is out of date. I was getting better results using 205 Crit rather than 164 Crit as Lightning.

The Alacrity vs Surge was consistent with my tests and yours though. Still a bit surprising to me.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Daellia
07.06.2012 , 05:44 PM | #3
I was getting a Power-normalized weight for crit of around 1.003, so that shouldn't be the case (might be statistical variance, depending on the amount of iterations you used, though).

That said, these are with the latest 1.3 release build.

whattt
07.06.2012 , 08:24 PM | #4
just curious and in your opinion...

For PvP would the BiS armor mod be the assassin +1 recklessness charge -15sec cooldown, +5m force slow 4 piece bonus... or would it be the 2 set bonuses: -3 sec barrier lockout debuff and -1.5sec crushing darkness cool down +.5% health on periodic darkness crits?

For Madness sorc... 3/7/31 build spec'ed into parasitism/devour

Daellia
07.06.2012 , 09:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by whattt View Post
just curious and in your opinion...

For PvP would the BiS armor mod be the assassin +1 recklessness charge -15sec cooldown, +5m force slow 4 piece bonus... or would it be the 2 set bonuses: -3 sec barrier lockout debuff and -1.5sec crushing darkness cool down +.5% health on periodic darkness crits?

For Madness sorc... 3/7/31 build spec'ed into parasitism/devour
PvP is a lot tougher to theorycraft, unfortunately. The 2/2 Masters/Mystic bonus is definitely superior for survivability, but the Assassin bonus definitely has the burst advantage. For Madness, I would tend to lean towards the 2/2 Masters/Mystic bonus, as burst isn't really your forte to start with, but it's really a playstyle decision more than anything.

whattt
07.06.2012 , 09:33 PM | #6
thanks

nizar
07.07.2012 , 08:54 PM | #7
Awesome post! Thanks Daellia! I'm surprised at how low the optimal critical rating is. Did you also manage to test one of the War Hero relics against a Campaign proc relic (probably Internal damage since armor debuffs no longer stack)?

Also I thought I'd point out there are some spaces in the Lightning rotation that break the action code. You might want to check the other rotations as well. Here are the offending lines in the Lightning rotation:
Quote:
actions+=/thundering_blast,if=dot.affliction.remains>cast_ti me
actions+=/recklessness,if=(buff.lightning_barrage.react|buff .lightning_storm.react)&cooldown.thundering_blast. remains>3
actions+=/sequence,name=pewpew:force_lightning:lightning_str ike

Aurojiin
07.07.2012 , 09:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nizar View Post
Awesome post! Thanks Daellia! I'm surprised at how low the optimal critical rating is. Did you also manage to test one of the War Hero relics against a Campaign proc relic (probably Internal damage since armor debuffs no longer stack)?
Courtesy of hatterson. Basically the internal damge proc relic is interchangeable with a War Hero Boundless Ages relic.

Daellia
07.07.2012 , 11:59 PM | #9
Quote:
Also I thought I'd point out there are some spaces in the Lightning rotation that break the action code. You might want to check the other rotations as well. Here are the offending lines in the Lightning rotation:
I believe the SimC profile parsers considers that legal, actually. I'm pretty sure carriage returns are automatically ignored, it looks for the key symbols rather than simply new lines.

I may be wrong, however. Either way, the SimC lists were really just included as a reference guide to DPS rotation. These lists should be included by default in the next SimC release.

Messiaah
07.08.2012 , 12:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Courtesy of hatterson. Basically the internal damge proc relic is interchangeable with a War Hero Boundless Ages relic.
For madness and hybrid it is the case, but you may have to change one mod from power to crit, because the relic proc can crit, but overall you will get a lower dps.

For lightning i would prefer the double war hero variation, like Kaedis wrote: power's scale factor is quite huge for lightning.

EDIT: I got it wrong, so forget about the scale factor of power, i just misread kaedis' post, but i assume that my conclusion is not false since the lightning setup has a lower critrating.
Guildlead - Seven Stuck
Kereg - Juggernaut Tank
Recruitment: open