Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Critical success rate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Critical success rate

lpsmash
07.09.2012 , 01:10 AM | #21
Sample is too small. Also, silly you. Sentinels don't get Qyzen, Theran, etc.

Redcorn
07.09.2012 , 03:32 AM | #22
I was getting many crits until yesterday. I am pushing to build augs so I am running three toons slicing missions. Two of the toons have companion affection maxed. Well yesterday moving from character to character to run slicing missions I go the big fat nada.

Bad string of luck?

Am I doing something wrong?

Has something changed?

I think it is a Sith conspiracy.

Yogol
07.09.2012 , 06:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ElvenPadfoot View Post
I guess in your country everyone's so busy learning the 'theory of likelihood' that they're too busy to learn good manners.
<nods in agreement>
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Triality
07.09.2012 , 07:20 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
That is pretty close to the target 20%.

Thanks for running the data, it confirms slicing crits are working as intended

The tooltip specifically says it only works on crafting, not missions, so if it does indeed work for some missions that would be a bug. Which mission types do you see to be affected?
Yes, the tooltip kept me from buying that perk until I found that a correction is in the works. There are several dev posts on it clarifying the following:

Quote:
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

Crafting, not specifically slicing, though. My assumption is that slicing is included and with the sample size increasing we should see closer to what Rhaphael originally posted, 23%.

Her original post is here.

Although I 'perceive' a higher crit rate from my other crafters, I'm not collecting data on that. Any references to dev corrections would be appreciated

Because we build the worlds we wouldn't mind living in. They contain scary things, problems, but also a sense of rightness that makes them alive and makes us want to live there.

Triality
07.09.2012 , 07:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by lpsmash View Post
Sample is too small. Also, silly you. Sentinels don't get Qyzen, Theran, etc.
Ooops, good catch !

I will correct that to Shadow in the next update, thanks !

Because we build the worlds we wouldn't mind living in. They contain scary things, problems, but also a sense of rightness that makes them alive and makes us want to live there.

Rhaphael
07.09.2012 , 07:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Triality View Post
Yes, the tooltip kept me from buying that perk until I found that a correction is in the works. There are several dev posts on it clarifying the following:

Quote:
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

Crafting, not specifically slicing, though. My assumption is that slicing is included and with the sample size increasing we should see closer to what Rhaphael originally posted, 23%.

Her original post is here.

Although I 'perceive' a higher crit rate from my other crafters, I'm not collecting data on that. Any references to dev corrections would be appreciated
The yellow post you quoted specifically says it only affects crafting, not missions. Slicing is not crafting. Therefor it should not be affected by it and thus it's not 23%, but 20% chance for a crit.

In fact we have developer confirmation that it does in fact only affect crafting, not missions.
Beesodd:
This buff is for the actual crafting itself, and does not affect the Crew Missions.

Walking-Carpet
07.09.2012 , 01:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by abercromb View Post
One tip that many people miss though is to make sure you equip your crew with the right armour/gear. If you wanted to improve your chance of critting on your main character, you would make sure your armour had lots of crit rating. But when it comes to your companions and missions most people forget.
Are you suggesting that putting +crit gear on your companions increases their chances of critting on crew missions?

Orienne
07.09.2012 , 02:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
I have run 100s of missions of lvl 6 lock box mission and not gotten 1 slicing mission drop. And if you look at the prices of slicing missions its around 100k per. So the biggest cut of augments comes from the random chance of getting a slicing recipe, and the same gathering lock box missions offer other missions to well over compensate the expenses of getting that hard to get slicing mission.
This is the only complaint I have so far running Slicing Missions. I have zero issue with the critical percentage, I'm definately receiving quite a few Missions, however I have not received a single Slicing Mission from running these Grade 6 Lockbox Missions. By far I am receiving the most for Investigation, with the others evenly matched, but still no Slicing Missions. Is anyone else having this problem, or am I simply getting super unlucky?

Elyssandra
07.09.2012 , 02:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by abercromb View Post
One tip that many people miss though is to make sure you equip your crew with the right armour/gear. If you wanted to improve your chance of critting on your main character, you would make sure your armour had lots of crit rating. But when it comes to your companions and missions most people forget.
Our own crit rating gained through armor/ gear has no effect on crafting.
The crit rating our companions gain through their armor/ gear does not affect their crafting ability.

chimunga
07.09.2012 , 03:19 PM | #30
Just a word: The Legacy of Crafting perk does not effect gathering skills like slicing. (I only say this because you mentioned both your characters had legacy of crafting) A dev talks about it here: Legacy of Crafting clarification?

Plus, it's called Legacy of Crafting, not Legacy of Skill.