Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Instances for practicing warzones

esos
02.09.2013 , 06:15 AM | #11
In time this idea has has grown up better and better o/
Esos
Founder of Heroes of Northstar

AsheraII
02.09.2013 , 07:20 AM | #12
Any idea to teach people to use the frickin' short-cut speeders in Civil War is a good thing in my book.
Seriously, I usually do guard duty on either Snow or Grass (for which you need 2 players, not just 1, by the way, especially when people don't use the shortcut speeders), and if I see 2 team members take the shortcut speeder instead of the grand tour, it's a lot. Even when calling out for intruders, I see most of the team take the long ride that circles the entire base, after which they have to spend even more time walking all the way to the side cannon. Generally, the base is lost by the time they arrive, and their excuse? "You should call out earlier". Wait, so they take a full minute detour instead of a 15 second ride, and then tell ME to be a splitsecond faster?

Other advantages of taking the short ride instead of the long trip:
-More killing time, you really are on the field MUCH quicker.
-Guards at the side cannon can give you their class buffs
-You can assemble an attackforce OUT OF SIGHT from the enemies at either mid or the other cannon, and either attack them through their own back door on mid, or from the tunnel under mid to the other side cannon. You're buying time this way before the enemy at the other cannon can react and reinforce.
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

Aries_cz
02.09.2013 , 05:33 PM | #13
Well, you can use the Legacy Training Dummy for testing out rotations and see how much damage you can do in some set amount of time...

Making a full fledged warzone simulations would be a difficult thing, as you would still need to get players to go there, making it no different than normal WZ, just minus the rewards, and knowing people, nobody would go there if there were no rewards (see Outlaw's Den, it is completely deserted).

However, I could imagine a advanced feature on the Training Dummy, like making it sort of like the training droid from Force Unleashed (the only thing I actually liked in the otherwise stupid and boring game), making it possible to switch him do different archetypes of enemies, and having a practice battle against him.
Or, maybe, allow "duels" between groups, a friendly match.

As for ppl ignoring basic tactics, as Asherall said, I do not think anyone can help with that, if people are stupid, they will be stupid no matter what, and they will not use the training anyway, or see any guides or videos created for this purpose....
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

snoopdogbaby
02.09.2013 , 06:12 PM | #14
Open world PVP is dead and duels aren't reliable considering how infrequently they happen.

/signed

esos
03.15.2013 , 10:16 AM | #15
/signed
Esos
Founder of Heroes of Northstar

islander
04.22.2013 , 02:41 PM | #16
bringing this back up to the forefront. So many PvPers like myself could benefit from this.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five