Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

flashpoints dsiappointing -feels like fraud

HittingSmoke
12.19.2011 , 12:00 AM | #11
You had me until "fraud". Sensationalizing your point won't win anyone over.
HittingSmoke Sith Member
All Out Assault
Republic Recruitment Thread/ Sith Recruitment Thread
All Out Assault - Not just a guild...but a gaming community

Kraggdog
12.19.2011 , 02:32 AM | #12
No, me and my guild have the exact same sentiments. We had a blast in BT, figured Hammer was a fluke (but at least it had crew skill related effects on the FP).

Then Athiss, we tried it at lvl 17 and made it through to the Boss, couldn't do it due to a lack of some abilities. Redid this at 20 and it was a breeze. We were a little disappointed in how big a difference that made and the fact that we have yet to come across another conversation in a FP.

It does look like BT was made for advertising purposes and to get players hooked early. Then they just rushed out the other flashpoints. I do hope we see more like it in the later levels.
"This is spaceships, it's monsters, it's Star Wars, we love it"

Auilt
12.19.2011 , 02:56 AM | #13
There are more story-based, conversationish flashpoints later. The two flashpoints on the White Nova ship are very good. Keep in mind that, while BT was extremely fun and exciting, going through that conversation repeatedly would get very old. It's just no realistic to expect conversation at every turn in every flashpoint.

aka_matrix_pwner
12.19.2011 , 03:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
The heavy convo stuff is saved for class quests and heroics. If anything, I'm fairly happy with stuff like Hammer, because Esseles in particular can become a slog in terms of dialogue. I suspect they realized that if every instance was THAT dialogue-heavy, people would go nuts.
True story

jeepoverland
12.19.2011 , 04:20 AM | #15
THANK GOD there isnt more convo in further flashpoints.....This game would UBER FAIL if each flashpoint was like Esseles. Thnk about it.....having to wait on people through a long convo sequence everytime you want to run a flashpoint.......each one would take 4-6x longer than it should......I would quit so freaking fast if I had to repeat story each time I did a flashpoint....such a waste of time after the first time.

jeepoverland
12.19.2011 , 04:26 AM | #16
THANK GOD there isnt more convo in further flashpoints.....This game would UBER FAIL if each flashpoint was like Esseles. Thnk about it.....having to wait on people through a long convo sequence everytime you want to run a flashpoint.......each one would take 4-6x longer than it should......I would quit so freaking fast if I had to repeat story each time I did a flashpoint....such a waste of time after the first time.

curzed
12.19.2011 , 05:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
You wont fool me again, Bioware. Your flashpoints are boring. If I didnt want conversation and story, Id just go play wow. Where's what you promised and advertised?
These are not the conversations you are looking for... *waves with hand*

Xarnax
12.19.2011 , 06:22 AM | #18
Im level 30 now and have done every instance possible so far. The thing that stands out is ofc. the lack of convos, but also the boss mechanics. For lack of better positivity I'd like to point out how cool some of the boss mechanics are, and I sure hope Operations will be this challenging in the future!

imaitchoukow
12.19.2011 , 07:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
The heavy convo stuff is saved for class quests and heroics. If anything, I'm fairly happy with stuff like Hammer, because Esseles in particular can become a slog in terms of dialogue. I suspect they realized that if every instance was THAT dialogue-heavy, people would go nuts.
/Agree...that many movies get ppl tired too.... leave as it is!!! wonderful game <3 it

Infalliable
12.19.2011 , 08:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
The first time you do one of them the dialogue might be nice, but after you have done em a few times it just comes down to waiting on the rest of the party if they don't skip it.
Exactly, it gets very irritating after a few playthroughs.

I've probably done BT a dozen times over the course of a few beta builds and I've grown very tired of the dialogue.

Worst was when I did it twice in a row with the same group who picked the exact same responses and listened to every conversation again...AHHH!