Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Biochem] Exotech consumables far too costly to make.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] Exotech consumables far too costly to make.

Wallach
06.24.2012 , 03:25 AM | #1
This game has some of the most expensive "standard" crafted consumables I've ever seen in an MMO. Why are these still so expensive? I thought that when you nerfed Rakata reusables and saw that everyone was still joining the Biochem army you would get the message (that a lot of Biochemists were pointing out to you long before that even happened), but nothing has changed. As a Biochemist, do everyone a favor and make these things cost a reasonable amount of materials to craft. I promise you everyone planning on doing a lot of Dungeon Finder runs with people that will never use consumables in hard modes will thank you.

While you're at it, slap the guy who put the Biochem Warzone schematic on the PTR. Or at least buy him a calculator.

spaace
06.24.2012 , 10:01 AM | #2
It's basically going to make me drop BioChem for.... well... nothing, since the rest of the skills suck.

If takes min 1h for diplomacy, and 24-30 min per sample/chem/compound.

If I spend and pay attention to crafting when I'm on, then MAYBE I get to make 10 stims a day, that get used without notice.....
Master Spaace Myoshi, Jedi Seer - The Fatman
[R.I.P. Hedarr Soongh US PVP]

Exiled-Phoenix
06.26.2012 , 03:27 PM | #3
Use the hyper battle ones then.
I use to be a Deception Assassin, then I took a Dev comment to the face!
Now i'm a Mercenary healer.......

Beastorz
06.27.2012 , 12:22 AM | #4
You get 3 per batch, for the Exotech stims at least.

I don't know about medpacs/adrenals.
Beastnash - 50 Scoundrel
Beastorize - 50 Commando
Prophecy of the Five ~ US PvP East

Sportiva
06.27.2012 , 06:44 AM | #5
Can the new Exotech schematics be RE'd to reusable? I'm assuming that can't be.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Seront
06.27.2012 , 08:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beastorz View Post
You get 3 per batch, for the Exotech stims at least.

I don't know about medpacs/adrenals.
You get three for those as well. Currently, I think the stims are fine. They last 2 hours and persist through death, and they cost about the same amount as the hyperbattle since they return 3, although now that I think about it, hyperbattles need Smart Cells now, so that price has gone down a bit.

The medpacs and adrenals, are still a bit on the pricey side to make.

Thundergulch
06.27.2012 , 08:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
[Biochem] Exotech consumables far too costly to make
No, they're fine.
They are best in game, and don't really cost that much to make 3 at a time.

Qubertt
08.03.2012 , 12:51 PM | #8
The problem is the cost of making adrenals they last what 15 secs and cost the same to make as anything else not sure what the thinking is on that.

Thundergulch
08.03.2012 , 12:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Qubertt View Post
The problem is the cost of making adrenals they last what 15 secs and cost the same to make as anything else not sure what the thinking is on that.
15 seconds of a huge damage burst is actually quite a lot when you think about it.
They aren't candy, and with the CD they have, you can use them once per boss fight if needed.

wetslampigduex
08.03.2012 , 02:01 PM | #10
[QUOTE=spaace;4721634]It's basically going to make me drop BioChem for.... well... nothing, since the rest of the skills suck.

If takes min 1h for diplomacy, and 24-30 min per sample/chem/compound.

If I spend and pay attention to crafting when I'm on, then MAYBE I get to make 10 stims a day, that get used without notice.....[/QUOT

search the GTN for the 320 crafting missions make life much easier.. dont overpay tho