Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rude tanks


TKMaster's Avatar


TKMaster
06.24.2012 , 06:24 AM | #11
Tanks in PUG's usually have superiority complexes, mainly because they know you need them more than they need you. Piss em off and they drop group and instantly get into another group, where as you'll be spamming for a while. The group finder will only make this worse.
Pyrotechnic - BH / Powertech
Ariss - Agent / Op
Lord Monger - Sith Inquisitor / Sorc
Darth Wraithus - Sith Warrior / Jugg

UCKFred's Avatar


UCKFred
06.24.2012 , 07:01 AM | #12
If I were the tank, I would have dropped out of your group; I would have done it though no matter what role I was playing. Why waste my time with people who don't have the same goal? I'm not going to watch cut scenes for the umpteenth time just because you think your entertainment of the game overrides mine. The group finder's not going to help much in this regard either.

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
06.24.2012 , 07:09 AM | #13
My suggestion is if your going to take someone you don't know with you (pugs) then be sure you are upfront with them that your group is going to watch the story and are not going to spacebar.

Being honest and upfront about this may save you some trouble with people that you don't normally group with.

You should be able to enjoy the game anyway you like it no matter how many times you do the flashpoint just be honest and upfront about it.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

DevonDs's Avatar


DevonDs
06.24.2012 , 07:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
My suggestion is if your going to take someone you don't know with you (pugs) then be sure you are upfront with them that your group is going to watch the story and are not going to spacebar.

Being honest and upfront about this may save you some trouble with people that you don't normally group with.

You should be able to enjoy the game anyway you like it no matter how many times you do the flashpoint just be honest and upfront about it.
I have found this also works well with the looting for companions issue. As long as it's discussed upfront there don't seem to be issues.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Shikon_Hyoga's Avatar


Shikon_Hyoga
06.24.2012 , 05:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Depends on the Flashpoint.

There is NO REASON EVER to sit through Black Talon, Boarding Party or Foundry. You know why? You can easily solo it, and not take any damage, and watch the story to your satisfied.

Any of the level 50 flashpoints, you should run them in STORY mode first if you want to watch the story. The people who are doing HM flashpoints are likely doing it for the millionth time, and want to get the grind over and done with as quick and painless as possible.
Last I checked this is a MMORPG not a single player game, if I do a HM I'm going to spacebar it. But if somebody hasn't done it yet, the rest of us shall wait. Are you really that self centered that you'd take a fellow gamer's enjoyment of the game's story to shave a few minutes off the run?

Sancofa's Avatar


Sancofa
06.24.2012 , 09:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DiabloDoom View Post
Watching the same thing over and over again is very stimulating, I see your point.

Also, LOL at reporting them.
LOL

As a player with 2 tanks (50 Assasin and 30 something BH) I run alot of Flash Points and I enjoy them all.
But I don't want to watch the same cut scenes over and over again. especially when I normally end up tanking BT 3 to 4 times in a row so that Guildies, PUGs and myself can get the weekly/daily done or get some social points.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Sorry my english isn't very good looking

djrtykow's Avatar


djrtykow
06.24.2012 , 10:47 PM | #17
As others have said, just hit spacebar. There is no reason to sit through any FP Cutscene when you can do a majority of them on SM solo and watch the movies as much as you'd like. Also, as others have said, MOST of us have run every flash point a million times and plan on multiple runs that day as well, so we try to hurry through them.

Someone asking you to spacebar on cutscenes is not nearly grounds for reporting, kicking from a group or simply stop healing them. That is ridiculous.

Someone that runs ahead and wipes a group? That's a different story. But just hit freaking spacebar.
Perfection. You are looking at it.

Sammm's Avatar


Sammm
06.25.2012 , 02:47 AM | #18
I witnessed it so many times in flashpoint pugs, it's starting to be quite annoying. During the first conversations, it goes from "Please, could you spacebar the conversations?" to "You [insert derogatory comment here], spacebar now or I kick you!". If you create/join a pug team and you want everyone to spacebar every conversations, you have to specify it BEFORE you start the instance or in your lfm (e.g. Lf3m Esseles speed/spacebar run), NOT during the first conversations! So if no one specifies the way to deal with conversations, don't start to suppose things. It's a recipe for potential disasters.

You could say something like "Before we start the fp, I'd like to know if it's ok if we spacebar the convos?". Usually, most players will agree to do it. It's so simple, it takes 30 seconds at most! But nooooooo, let's suppose that every players will read your mind because apparently puggers have that superpower.

-A message from a player who spacebars in pug runs but respects it if someone else doesn't want to.

AesirUesugi's Avatar


AesirUesugi
06.25.2012 , 02:55 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Shikon_Hyoga View Post
Last I checked this is a MMORPG not a single player game, if I do a HM I'm going to spacebar it. But if somebody hasn't done it yet, the rest of us shall wait. Are you really that self centered that you'd take a fellow gamer's enjoyment of the game's story to shave a few minutes off the run?
Exactly. Surprised that most of you are so stubborn about this.
Solution: Make sure you agree before starting the instance whether you'll be spacebarring or not.

SaintAvalon's Avatar


SaintAvalon
06.25.2012 , 05:38 AM | #20
Wow, I thought this was going to be about something else.

Sorry but if you can't hit spacebar you fail and should be yelled at.

If I join a group in almost full Rakata gear, you can be sure I've seen the cinematic. If I come along to help you get through the content, you could do the one thing I'd like, skip the cinematic.

I'm not going to go postal on you, but I'm far less likely to run with you again, or help you again, if I know you won't make my time their more pleasurable by simply skipping something I've seen a couple dozen times too many.