Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rude tanks

MbaxterBeau
06.24.2012 , 02:10 AM | #1
My main is a sorc healer. I usually heal pvp and have pretty good pvp and pve gear. Well I have noticed that when I pug a HM with friends and we get a tank from fleet about 90% of them want to rush through the instance and complain about party members not hitting space bar.

I would like to be able to do my HM daily and I do have friends who tank but are not always available.

What do you think is the best way to deal with a rude tank that wants to rush and is rude? Kick them, not heal them and let them die or report them?
The best MMO I have played in a long time. Not perfect but pretty close to it.

monkgryphon
06.24.2012 , 02:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MbaxterBeau View Post
My main is a sorc healer. I usually heal pvp and have pretty good pvp and pve gear. Well I have noticed that when I pug a HM with friends and we get a tank from fleet about 90% of them want to rush through the instance and complain about party members not hitting space bar.

I would like to be able to do my HM daily and I do have friends who tank but are not always available.

What do you think is the best way to deal with a rude tank that wants to rush and is rude? Kick them, not heal them and let them die or report them?
It's not just tanks... it's anyone who has already repeatedly finished the quests... Plus, it's Hardmode. You could've watched the whole story play out on Normal or 'Story' Mode.

MbaxterBeau
06.24.2012 , 02:17 AM | #3
I spacebar but I don't get p*ssed at people who aren't as fast as I am. I had a tank tonight that was causing wipes by going ahead of us and pulling before we could get to him.
The best MMO I have played in a long time. Not perfect but pretty close to it.

scullzomben
06.24.2012 , 02:20 AM | #4
Depends on the Flashpoint.

There is NO REASON EVER to sit through Black Talon, Boarding Party or Foundry. You know why? You can easily solo it, and not take any damage, and watch the story to your satisfied.

Any of the level 50 flashpoints, you should run them in STORY mode first if you want to watch the story. The people who are doing HM flashpoints are likely doing it for the millionth time, and want to get the grind over and done with as quick and painless as possible.

Erevan_Kindelar
06.24.2012 , 02:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MbaxterBeau View Post
I spacebar but I don't get p*ssed at people who aren't as fast as I am. I had a tank tonight that was causing wipes by going ahead of us and pulling before we could get to him.
I would warn him the first time and kick him the second, if he insists on rushing ahead. Rushing the content like that actually slows the group down, and if he wants to be an idiot about it then let him run his own group.
Unfortunately, the only reliable solution I have found is to friend (or invite to guild) the good tanks I have run with, and try to get them onboard for a HM run, only picking one up from fleet when absolutely neccessary.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Jadenfango
06.24.2012 , 02:27 AM | #6
Ask them to chill, if the problem persists, then let the rest of the group decide what to do.

DiabloDoom
06.24.2012 , 02:37 AM | #7
Watching the same thing over and over again is very stimulating, I see your point.

Also, LOL at reporting them.

Helig
06.24.2012 , 02:59 AM | #8
A moron is a moron, regardless of their role. Some roles are more vital than others, and people sometimes take advantage of increased tolerance to BS, because it's harder to find a new tank\healer.

I admit that as a tank, I can sometimes act in a very unfriendly manner- but usually with good reason. Idiots insisting on breaking crowdcontrol, people lacking basic targetting discipline, players who regularly go AFK, slowpokes, slackers, etc.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Dibdabs
06.24.2012 , 04:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DiabloDoom View Post
Watching the same thing over and over again is very stimulating, I see your point.

Also, LOL at reporting them.
I thought the 'reporting' query was pretty amusing too.

jeniyagyu
06.24.2012 , 06:20 AM | #10
Call them out or kick them. 1.3 should, HOPEFULLY, help this since people will be able to que from anywhere so hopefully more people will que up while doing dailies!

I've personally, while on my healer, had a HUGE problem with Marauder's Force Jumping and aggro-ing everything before the tank. I can keep up the heals no problem, so there are no wipes, but it is annoying sometimes when there is a room full of monsters all attacking you, then they attack me once I start healing you. (It also becomes a problem when the tank's AOE taunt is on cooldown.)

I am not afraid to call people out, I had to do it on BT HM when someone either didn't know or didn't care to, move away from the Jedi Twi'lek when she does her cyclone. (I think my words were: You NEED to move away from her!) I did feel bad about that, as I was having a fight with my bf and let it make me angry at someone for something silly. (If that was you, I apologize! I didn't get to say in the party, but I will say it so everyone can see!)

Anyway, there's my two cents! LMAO!