Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

CJUK
02.10.2013 , 12:52 AM | #431
Oh yes PLEASE open your PCT now BW!
/SIGNED

josh_clogston
02.10.2013 , 03:33 PM | #432
Signed as well. It's a silly thing not to offer.

Jonoku
02.10.2013 , 05:50 PM | #433
I'm literally begging for EAware to offer Paid Character Transfers BEFORE THE EXPANSION. idk how they expect me to enjoy new content without transfers.

Zaknaffien
02.11.2013 , 12:24 PM | #434
I, (along with MANY other folks) would like BW and/or EA to comment on this ASAP. The subscription players deserve a HARD answer. Not the typical "It's something we are looking into for the future". Give us what is going on with this. What sort of discussions are BW/EA having? Why is there a hold up? What is holding this up? It's sad when a company like Funcom has better customer relations than BW. My 2 cents worth.

V/r,
Frustrated SUBSCRIPTION player.
To be the man you have to beat the man.

majiinx
02.11.2013 , 12:29 PM | #435
/signed
I have a level 50 that I wish to transfer to a server that my brothers and friends play on. I would be more then happy to shell out 25 bucks for a transfer. Why Bioware is not offering this feature is absolutely beyond me!

planet_J
02.11.2013 , 12:34 PM | #436
You have to code this process and automate it...it's not like someone can get out of bed one morning...snap their fingers...and *poof* it's automagically done.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

Kerahlite
02.11.2013 , 12:37 PM | #437
I don't know if it's been said in this thread, too many pages to read through. Bioware has stated (either in a Developer Diary Video or in the recent State of the Game post, I don't recall) that 1.7 includes the entire character transfer infrastructure which had to be rebuilt completely from scratch- which is why Character Copy for test servers became unavailable.

Subsequent patches _will_ see Character Copy reinstated. This was a necessary step in order to allow paid character transfers. We will likely see them either just before or just after the expansion.
†Lord Silas D'Vri
Prophet of Kerahl
The Cult of Kerahl

Jonoku
02.11.2013 , 12:38 PM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
You have to code this process and automate it...it's not like someone can get out of bed one morning...snap their fingers...and *poof* it's automagically done.
If its going to take long, I hope they delay the expansion to get character transfers done first.

islander
02.11.2013 , 12:58 PM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
This isn't 2003 you know. It's 2013.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

TheOuroborus
02.11.2013 , 01:58 PM | #440
BW is leaving cold hard cash on the table. Baffling. I'll pay for transfers with no hesitation. GIVE US PAID TRANSFERS NOW GOSH DANG IT!

Fine, OK... if ya'll want to start with transfers only to lower population servers, cool by me. I want all my toons on Gav Daragon anyway! ;-)
Q'uo-daax 55 Shadow | Uma-ka 55 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 55 Marauder | Xto'en 55 Sorcerer | A'saj 55 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony