Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

MadBernieSkills
02.08.2013 , 07:37 AM | #411
I'm also getting tired of waiting for it. I guess they don't want my business.....

Does anyone else want my $15 a month? Apparently EAWare doesn't.

WaywardOne
02.08.2013 , 07:40 AM | #412
This issue is very important to me. I have been waiting for it for a very long time.

Vember
02.08.2013 , 08:48 AM | #413
This needs to happen ASAP. I am also waiting on this so I can combine characters/legacy from my old pvp server to the new higher pop pve server I started on.

uramu
02.08.2013 , 09:24 AM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKhaos View Post
GREAT IDEA MAN!

Spend time and effort into getting server populations to good levels and while that's going on give the players the ability to leave said servers to reduce it or spread out to dead servers for them to start complaining all over again that they're on dead servers before a decision is made about the servers players are currently transferring off of.

AWESOME!
I haven't played my Vanguard since I finished his story at 48. He's the only character I have sitting on that particular server. I would like to have him on the same server as all of my other characters. How will the absence of my absence adversely affect that server's population?
I find your lack of faith ... Impressive. Most impressive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
The Dark Side script seems to be mostly aimed at giving adolescent players a power trip and letting them be a jerk without any real consequences beyond developing a bad skin condition with optional on-off switch.

Themanthatisi
02.08.2013 , 09:28 AM | #415
I am fully agreeing on this, even if I have to pay for it....

SentinelDranoel
02.08.2013 , 11:03 AM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by uramu View Post
I haven't played my Vanguard since I finished his story at 48. He's the only character I have sitting on that particular server. I would like to have him on the same server as all of my other characters. How will the absence of my absence adversely affect that server's population?
I know right, I have 50's that I do not use on Jedi covenant. If I move them to the Shadowlands, I would probably affect the number of toons that are on the server. At the same time, i rarely log in with them, so I am not contributing to Jedi Covenant and their population in any way.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

ivanhedgehog
02.08.2013 , 11:20 AM | #417
Anyone know how legacy will transfer? If I transfer a legacy 50 toon to a legacy 1 server will that legacy transfer with it? Will account unlocks follow?

AshlaBoga
02.08.2013 , 12:06 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBernieSkills View Post
I'm also getting tired of waiting for it. I guess they don't want my business.....

Does anyone else want my $15 a month? Apparently EAWare doesn't.
They want your money, but they probably saved a bunch when they fired many of the original coders. Who probably could have sped this process up a considerable amount.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Beslley
02.08.2013 , 12:57 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
They want your money, but they probably saved a bunch when they fired many of the original coders. Who probably could have sped this process up a considerable amount.
I know, right?
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Lusidious
02.08.2013 , 01:14 PM | #420
There was something mentioned in one of the interviews that Character Transfers would be tied to the ability to use the Character Copy service to the PTS. And since the Character Copy service is said to be available when they open the PTS for 1.7 that should mean that a Character Transfer service should be coming in the near future. And by near future I would guess sometime this year, probably in the Summer/Fall timeframe.
Aldorian - Assassin(T) - 55 Madmãrtigan - Powertech(T) - 55 Mėlā - Sniper(D) - 55 Aldorianna - Mercenary(H) - 55 Tarnā - Commando(H) - 55 Airick - Guardian(T) - 55 Chatnianna - Gunslinger(D) - 55 Agent'xlvii - Sniper(D) - 55 Loriannia - Sorcerer(H) - 55 Suniria - Operative(PvP-H) - 30