Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

MadBernieSkills
12.11.2012 , 02:20 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueIndigo View Post
This is a false argument, since those of us who want to consolidate our characters on one server are NOT PLAYING our toons on the server we want to leave--we ARE playing our newer characters on our preferred server. Further, we won't overload our preferred server because a person can only play a SINGLE character on his or her account at a time. Bioware, give your paying customers what they want! We''ve been asking for this service for 7 or 8 months, and you stubbornly refuse our request. It seems like you don't want OUR money, yet you''re gouging FTP players at every opportunity. What gives?
I agree 100%. I think we should flood them with forum posts. How many posts can they ignore? 10,000? 100,000?

Look Bioware, this is easy. You have the tech to do it. It would make thousands of players happy. For the love of all that is Hutt, please please please just do it. There is no downside to this.
Also, let the legacy be additive, don't just take the highest. We earned it already, don't take it from us.

MadBernieSkills
12.11.2012 , 03:18 PM | #322
I just did a search on the words "character" and "transfer" in the forums. There are now 500 threads. This is number 501. I realize a lot of these are not people requesting transfers but talking about the forced merger, but still. That is a lot of threads.

Bioware. 501 threads. That is too many to ignore. Please get character transfers in the game now (ASAP is not soon enough). All we want to do is consolidate our characters. This cannot be a bad thing. No server will be hurt, nobody would be unhappy. People are already playing on the servers they want anyway. Our characters on the other servers are being ignored. They are sad. My 50 Operative, 50 Assassin, 50 Merc and 50 Guardian will be very happy indeed to meet my Vanguard. Well, 3 will try to kill him, so he may not be too happy about it, but don't worry about that. He is very good at AOE damage. He'll be fine.

Fornix
12.11.2012 , 03:34 PM | #323
So, why did you decide to post this 501st thread, whilst you could simply have added to one of the already existing threads?
Member of <Helix>

Andryah
12.11.2012 , 03:58 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
So, why did you decide to post this 501st thread, whilst you could simply have added to one of the already existing threads?
I'm guessing it might be a school project on the effects of redundancy of thought on social mood in MMOs.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Thekze
12.11.2012 , 05:03 PM | #325
I have two level 50s and a level 48 legacy. The guild I joined a couple of months back plays on a different server than mine. I'm willing to pay to transfer over there!

aaronbaron
12.11.2012 , 05:24 PM | #326
Posts in the existing threads get buried and add little attention to the subject. New threads add a sense of immediacy; I love seeing new threads on this in the naive hope that the developers will do something about it. Surprised this has to be explained to such an obvious internet veteran.

Also, 501 has a nice ring. That's reason alone.

MadBernieSkills
12.11.2012 , 07:11 PM | #327
It's to make the issue more visible. I know it is possibly going to annoy them and cause them to give me a temporary ban in the forums, but I'm willing to take the chance. I care very much about this topic. I feel that the more the mods see this, they will complain about us whiners and then the devs will complain about the whining mods and then they will fix it.

Or you could just say that I work in the department of redundancy department.

Gnikgnok
12.11.2012 , 07:43 PM | #328
I need a Transfer as well. I have a lvl 29 and a 43 on the wrong server as my friends were so now I am stuck releveling a new BH. Please give us a free transfers. that way all my toons are on one server!!

Lelundrial
12.11.2012 , 09:16 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBernieSkills View Post
People are already playing on the servers they want anyway.
Not true, my characters were moved to servers and I didn't want to move. I was happy on my light servers. They moved me, now they are overpopulated. They need to open up more servers.

Graydon
12.12.2012 , 09:30 AM | #330
Still clinging to hope that Paid Transfers are just a tiny space jump away...

I have characters that are in standby mode waiting to hop on a shuttle to complete their Legacy.

Once my characters are all on the same server, they too will be purchasing goodies from the Cartel Market. Until then, they collect dust.