Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

06.24.2012 , 01:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
I just feel they want to work out the 'increased population cap' first, before allowing people to transfer where ever they want
Maybe but truthfully it will have little impact on current server pops. I play on JC after rerolling from kraisk obelisk. KO got transfers to ordo. I didn't transfer and still play on JC. Being able to move my 50's from KO to JC has no effect on JC server pop. I currently play there and can only play one toon at a time.
Jedi Covenant:

Gothrik: 50 vanguard; Koracks: 50 sent ; Xeen 44 jugg; Gothric: 50 merc

06.24.2012 , 01:44 AM | #12
It's Marketing 101: Build up demand for a product while limiting supply or availability. This allows you drive the price up to much higher levels, as people are willing to pay anything once the desire or demand reaches a certain point.

It's all about the Benjamins...

Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

06.24.2012 , 02:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kashley View Post
Agree with OP 100%

For that matter can we get someone with yellow text in this thread with an answer other than soon? Some information on PAID transfers would be lovely, whats the hold up?
They will come when they come. Geezus. We are only human. One thing at a time. Society nowadays lacks patience. I NEED IT NOW!!! ***?!?!?!?!

Lolz -------- Wanna see epic online videos? This is the hot spot!

06.24.2012 , 02:56 AM | #14
Think about how confusing it would become for many players if they released free and paid transfers at the same time. That would have been a big mistake. Besides they should close the servers they intend to close before paid transfers as well.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

06.24.2012 , 02:59 AM | #15
Sorry, at this point the game is so fragile they'll lose people by even taking about charging them for anything else. Are you kidding? You should be asking why BW is sitting on free (actual) character transfers.

06.24.2012 , 04:44 AM | #16
its only a matter of time before they do this, they know that they will make alot of money from service like this, and i they more than likely have looked at how Blizzard have done things like this with WoW and they proberly have a good idear and how much money per month Blizzard make fromt his, i would be with subs and a cash shop, plus played service swtor can make BW/EA a ton of money, even with 1.3million subs
We need RVR in this game, lets make world burn with pvp

06.24.2012 , 04:54 AM | #17
It's not a given that they have a monetary system in place that potentially could be linked to the existing transfer system.

06.24.2012 , 05:01 AM | #18
Because a lot of servers are being merged in to just a few. It would be silly to let people transfer all over the place now when they may be shutting servers down and have to move back again.

Once we have these "super servers" and the origin servers are closed (which they obviously will be eventually) they can let people move around.

06.24.2012 , 05:09 AM | #19
They're giving the dust time to settle before they throw a hydrospanner into the works.
RIP Star Wars

06.24.2012 , 05:26 AM | #20
All the crying from name changes on free transfers?

Imagine the outcry when people actually pay to move and someone else has their name...

I wouldn't be to keen giving that paid service yet myself.
If I'm not back in 5 minutes - - - - Just wait Longer.