Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are you devoted to the empire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
why are you devoted to the empire?

Baphomet_x
06.22.2012 , 01:12 PM | #1
curious what reasons other people have for being devoted to the empire

one of my big reasons is it bears striking similaritys to something in irl history....

due to forum rules ill give you three hints as to what im talking about

1.this place and time imploded round about a few years before metallica`s lead singer`s vocal cords lost alot of the scream

2.this place and time got mad at china for not sticking to the ideal close enough

3.my bounty hunters name is "anushka"

FlippinFlapJack
06.22.2012 , 01:43 PM | #2
It has been proven that when we're positive and happy, endorphins rush through our system. Now, I'm no scientist, but I know what endorphins are. They're tiny little magical elves that swim through your bloodstream and tell funny jokes to each other. When they reach your brain, you hear what they're saying and that boosts your health and happiness. "Knock, knock... Who's there?... LIttle endorphin... Little endorphin who?... Little endorphine Annie." And then the endorphins laugh, and then you laugh. See? It's science!
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

JoshHodding
06.22.2012 , 01:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
It has been proven that when we're positive and happy, endorphins rush through our system. Now, I'm no scientist, but I know what endorphins are. They're tiny little magical elves that swim through your bloodstream and tell funny jokes to each other. When they reach your brain, you hear what they're saying and that boosts your health and happiness. "Knock, knock... Who's there?... LIttle endorphin... Little endorphin who?... Little endorphine Annie." And then the endorphins laugh, and then you laugh. See? It's science!
This is the greatest explanation of how endorphins work. Ever.

Letallis
06.22.2012 , 02:17 PM | #4
Because.. like Flipping Flap Jack's quote. Only sith deal in absolutes.

You always know where you stand with Sith. Jedi are flaky. No one is that goody two shoes. That, and as a bounty hunter I find Jedi easy to kill.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

Sauska
06.22.2012 , 04:11 PM | #5
Bad girls have more fun
The Borealis Legacy

almostinsane
06.22.2012 , 04:30 PM | #6
Vette. Pure and simple.

alyssian
06.22.2012 , 06:01 PM | #7
Because Bounty Hunters make a living doing the empires work
That and because bad guys are much more cooler
Credits are my kind of story but it'll cost you

Tatile
06.22.2012 , 06:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Baphomet_x View Post
curious what reasons other people have for being devoted to the empire

one of my big reasons is it bears striking similaritys to something in irl history....

due to forum rules ill give you three hints as to what im talking about

1.this place and time imploded round about a few years before metallica`s lead singer`s vocal cords lost alot of the scream

2.this place and time got mad at china for not sticking to the ideal close enough

3.my bounty hunters name is "anushka"
I have no idea what you are talking about. At all.

I like the Empire for the aesthetics - it's a simplistic, neat environment geared toward function. For the purposes of what the Empire is, the architecture and uniform designs work. I've never felt comfortable with the Jedi philosophies either, but I feel Sith get more wiggle room in what they can and can't do, which makes them more interesting as characters. One might argue that a Sith is a human merely exaggerated, whereas a Jedi is a human quashed. Also the accents make me feel at home; (apart from the female Smuggler) the Republic accents and voice acting feel bland, monotonous and uninspired. Compare that to Ergonomic Chairs Chap at The Wall.

epicfear
06.22.2012 , 06:16 PM | #9
obi-wan once said only sith deal in absolutes.

with sith, you know for a fact there's a knife ready to be thrust into you back, then slit your throat.

with jedi, you can't tell which they will do.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Flaminica
06.22.2012 , 06:18 PM | #10
I'm into it for the leather.
Spearshakers
||