Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Hate Mako....

jedinightstrider
10.18.2012 , 01:48 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Actually, I've found that the only one that doesn't fit in with the crew is Skadge. He's way too bloodthirsty for everyone else.

But, when you come to think of it, the Bounty Hunter crew is sort of an analogue to the crew of Serenity. The BH is Mal, Gault is Wash, Mako is Kaylee, Torian is Zoe, Skadge is Jayne, and Blizz is River. Okay, I'm stretching on that last one, but he is a lot of awesome in a small, unassuming package.
*sets down lunch*
*flips over desk*
I will never be able to unthink this again.
The List o' Toons: Zev'kres'tharti (Chiss BH Merc), Fath'ray'nekesh (Chiss IA Op), Cyzen Daubain (Pureblood SW), Cycas Voliri (Human Sith Assassin), Khaliel Tam (Miralukan Jedi Shadow)

happysister
10.18.2012 , 06:02 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
She even likes some Dark Side choices if she feels it's necessary. Like whacking Tarro Blood.
and punching nobles in the face. she REALLY got a kick out of that.
Lorhin - SS/DF Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel
<Fortitude>

YoshiRaphElan
10.18.2012 , 06:46 PM | #53
She does like a dark-side choice on Balmorra, when you shoot the ladies-man-Republic-spy jerk in the cantina. She doesn't like many of them, though. Really, she fits better with an honorable, Mandalorian-style character than an unscrupulous, bloodthirsty outlaw.

AhsokaTanorules
08.15.2013 , 12:38 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
I am wondering how she reacts

Spoiler
I was wondering. Does anyone have a video for this...
Spoiler

BradTheImpaler
08.18.2013 , 12:21 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
and punching nobles in the face. she REALLY got a kick out of that.
This alone makes Mako awesome in my book.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Darkelefantos
08.18.2013 , 02:18 PM | #56
I was wondering. Does anyone have a video for this...
Spoiler
Search for it on Youtube, but she basically goes "She was no threat to you." That's all she really says about it.

AhsokaTanorules
12.04.2014 , 03:18 PM | #57
Time to resurrect this damn thread again...

Spoilers for BH storyline on Rishi.

Spoiler

rashencyberspeed
01.28.2015 , 12:53 AM | #58
Okay, I feel like I have to say something.

Now, several people here have claimed that Mako is a bad Bounty Hunter companion, and would be better as an agent.

But when I break down her character, the roles agents and Bounty Hunters can take, as well as the Agent's own companions, I see a little thing.

Namely, that Mako would be a worse companion for an Agent than a Bounty Hunter.

First, let's break down the role of a Bounty Hunter. Main job: a mercenary, gun-for-hire, person you pay money to go hunt a guy down. However, I feel the most important thing there is how they are a mercenary. An independent, freelance guy. They choose for themselves how they do their work. It's not strictly killing people. They can choose to bring them in alive, protect high-profile people, and more. And even when not adverse to killing, there is a range of those who go after anyone they can, or choose to focus only on their target, not involving third parties. Ultimately, the Empire may hire them, but Bounty Hunters are about doing what they want, not what their employers want.

Now, an Agent. Follower of the Empire, assassin, info gatherer, person who obeys their superiors without question. Put simply, they actually are a direct part of the empire, rather than someone simply hired. And with the Empire being the way it is, there is much less leeway on what they can do. The Sith want their followers to obey them without question. And frequently, their orders are underhanded or outright evil actions. They care little for honor, only caring for sheer pragmatism and doing what is to the Empire's benefit, not caring who must die for that to happen. And an Agent can't avoid it. If a Bounty Hunter is told, "kill this guy", they can say no and walk away. If an Agent is told to kill a guy, they can't refuse. If they say no, they'll probably be executed.

Now, let's break down Mako's character. She has a strong moral character, and doesn't like pointless evil actions. The only occasions she likes dark side actions are when the target deserves it, and the client is not a lying jerk. Otherwise, she prefers more peaceful actions, and going against clients who lie to you or who sent you against targets who are decent people. But at the same time, she is also very much a mercenary. She likes getting paid, and telling people that you don't work for the Empire. Put simply, high morals and no loyalty to the Empire... which makes her a poor choice for an Agent.

Now let's look at the Agent's companions and how they get by. In the totalitarian Empire who crushes insubordination and is ruthless towards enemies, you need qualities to get by.

In the case of Kaliyo and SCORPIO, there is amorality. They may not be loyal, they may be anarchists, and they may not like the Empire all that much, but the work is stuff they can get behind. In the dark and evil Empire, work frequently involves killing people or causing problems for them, which is exactly the type of stuff these psycho girls enjoy doing. They may be in it simply for the money and are chaotic people who relish in trouble, but Imperial work offers opportunities to do that ad get paid.

As for Temple and Vector, they are more honorable and nicer people who don't like doing bad things. So how do they get by? The answer is loyalty. They are loyal to the Empire, and will ultimately stick by even in spite of the darkness. This willingness to stick to them in spite of moral differences is what helps them be decent companions eve though the Empire's general methods aren't in line with their personal code.

Mako has neither of these qualities. She has high moral standards, and would not like the Empire's methods, and would probably get angry with them very regularly. She would not enjoy that kind of work, especially with a job that leaves her with little room to say "no". And she is not loyal to the Empire at all. She only is okay with taking jobs from them for the sake of credits. If she were to join Intelligence, it would probably be for the same reasons as Kaliyo: money.

So basically, she has nothing that you'd need to survive being an Agent. She has neither the morals (or rather, the lack thereof) nor the patriotism needed to put up with the Empire's work. She is a better fit for the Bounty Hunter, because that kind of mercenary life not only means she can get paid, but means she can have room to practice her morals, by only taking jobs she wants to take, and doing said jobs the way she wants to do them.

AhsokaTanorules
01.28.2015 , 09:33 AM | #59
If Mako was an Agent companion I could picture her as one of those intelligence gathering busybodies who stays in the background, provides info but otherwise keeps her mouth shut. Sure you might lose reputation when you do bad things and during convo scenes she might reveal some of ehr fears and trepidations, but I don't see her being too different than Temple.

Meanwhile all that stuff you typed about Bounty Hunters and mercenaries seems to apply more to the bounty hunters of the real world like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe always struck me as pretty grim, blood thirsty and murderous. Even in a TV series meant for a younger audience (Star Wars the Clone Wars) the bounty hunters in that always seemed like a grim, amoral lot who always rack up some sort of body count in any chapter they appear. I mean could you picture Mako stomaching work with Cad Bane or Aurra Sing?

I have asked in the past whether there truly are any bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe who are actually honorable and nice. If you can link me some, please do.

rashencyberspeed
01.28.2015 , 06:48 PM | #60
If Mako was an Agent companion I could picture her as one of those intelligence gathering busybodies who stays in the background, provides info but otherwise keeps her mouth shut. Sure you might lose reputation when you do bad things and during convo scenes she might reveal some of ehr fears and trepidations, but I don't see her being too different than Temple.

Meanwhile all that stuff you typed about Bounty Hunters and mercenaries seems to apply more to the bounty hunters of the real world like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe always struck me as pretty grim, blood thirsty and murderous. Even in a TV series meant for a younger audience (Star Wars the Clone Wars) the bounty hunters in that always seemed like a grim, amoral lot who always rack up some sort of body count in any chapter they appear. I mean could you picture Mako stomaching work with Cad Bane or Aurra Sing?

I have asked in the past whether there truly are any bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe who are actually honorable and nice. If you can link me some, please do.
I actually know one Bounty Hunter who, when you look at his history, is a pretty decent guy.

Believe it or not, it's Boba Fett. The most iconic Bounty Hunter in all of Star Wars. Sure, he worked for the Empire and Jabba the Hutt, but he did have a personal and strict code of honor.