Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I Hate Mako....


BlazingShadow's Avatar


BlazingShadow
06.21.2012 , 09:37 PM | #11
It's not out of character to disagree with your choices Mr. Evilpants!

GraceandDanger's Avatar


GraceandDanger
06.22.2012 , 02:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
My biggest problem with Mako is that she comes off as though she's about 12. She's cute and sweet. But between the type one body type and endless fan girling, I feel like I have a teeny bopper as my side kick.

Now I'm playing female, so the romance itself doesn't squick me out. (Although I suspect it would - highly - if I were playing a male BH.) But...it's hard for me to see this squeeling teenager working at all with my tough, brutal mercenary.
I don't know, I never got the "fangirl" vibe from her. Is she young and somewhat naive? Definitely. But she always comes off (to me) as very business-like.
It's victory or nothing!

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
06.22.2012 , 02:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GraceandDanger View Post
I don't know, I never got the "fangirl" vibe from her. Is she young and somewhat naive? Definitely. But she always comes off (to me) as very business-like.
Mako is a sweetheart who loves her close friends as family. Braden and Jory were her family, and after their deaths, she transfers her attachment to the Hunter. She starts off as businesslike, with a lightsided streak to her. She doesn't like random cruelty, or cruelty to those who don't deserve it. She also has a bit of a mean streak when it comes to those who mess with her family. The more she likes you, the more she opens up. Also, she's not quite as naive as you might think. She only seems that way at first. Not on the same kink scale as Vette, though. lol
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

erei's Avatar


erei
06.22.2012 , 03:08 AM | #14
Mako love the mandalorian attitude. That's why she like Torian so much, and she is almost a fangirl of mandalore.
If you target a weak prey, she will disapprove, but if you follow the mandalorian code (for example kill the rodian on tatoine because he left the big hunt for money), she'll be happy.
She is quite LS, but not so much either. I though at first she was some kind of pacifist, and I was disappointed, but I understood later she was just a mandalorian at heart.
Also, she have a high sense of family/clan. She will be happy by any decision involving protecting/avenging your crew, even if it's DS.

Mutive's Avatar


Mutive
06.22.2012 , 07:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Also, she's not quite as naive as you might think. She only seems that way at first. Not on the same kink scale as Vette, though. lol
She's not entirely naive, no. But having gone hard core dark side, she feels like this little puppy tagging at my heels, loving me despite that my character is pretty freaking evil. It comes off as weird, childish, and naive. (Which, again, tied to that tiny little body - the only character that I think seems at all mature with it is Kaliyo, and that's mostly because she's *definitely* not a kid, so I an overlook that she's like 4 ft. tall and weighs 60 lbs.)

It's the problem that most classes have, really. If most of your companions are good, and you're evil, you wonder what they're thinking. (As honestly, they should be screaming at you and ditching you, rather than giggling and explaining how you're the most awesome partner ever - which Mako does a lot of. It's like, "Oh, hai, I just killed someone begging to surrender and you were all angry. But ten seconds later, you were telling that lady that I'm the best partner ever and that you looooove me.")

I wish that the game was willing to let your partners really go after you if you were a jerk. For instance
Spoiler
But most companions seem so into you no matter what your character is like. In some cases, it makes some sense. But an awful lot of the time, I'm like, "Really? If I was Mako (or Vette), I would have ditched this evil lady as soon as I got the chance." (Or possibly killed her in her sleep - actually, I'm pretty sure my SW encouraged Vette to do just that.)

(The only real exception I've seen so far is Corso, who seems to have decided he's in love with the smuggler to the extent that he completely ignores that she's a money grubbing monster who is more than happy to kill puppies if it'll earn her a few credits.) But honestly, most of the time, the deliberate overlooking of evil PC behavior comes off as mildly psychotic on the part of the crew members.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
06.22.2012 , 11:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
She's not entirely naive, no. But having gone hard core dark side, she feels like this little puppy tagging at my heels, loving me despite that my character is pretty freaking evil. It comes off as weird, childish, and naive. (Which, again, tied to that tiny little body - the only character that I think seems at all mature with it is Kaliyo, and that's mostly because she's *definitely* not a kid, so I an overlook that she's like 4 ft. tall and weighs 60 lbs.)

It's the problem that most classes have, really. If most of your companions are good, and you're evil, you wonder what they're thinking. (As honestly, they should be screaming at you and ditching you, rather than giggling and explaining how you're the most awesome partner ever - which Mako does a lot of. It's like, "Oh, hai, I just killed someone begging to surrender and you were all angry. But ten seconds later, you were telling that lady that I'm the best partner ever and that you looooove me.")

I wish that the game was willing to let your partners really go after you if you were a jerk. For instance
Spoiler
But most companions seem so into you no matter what your character is like. In some cases, it makes some sense. But an awful lot of the time, I'm like, "Really? If I was Mako (or Vette), I would have ditched this evil lady as soon as I got the chance." (Or possibly killed her in her sleep - actually, I'm pretty sure my SW encouraged Vette to do just that.)

(The only real exception I've seen so far is Corso, who seems to have decided he's in love with the smuggler to the extent that he completely ignores that she's a money grubbing monster who is more than happy to kill puppies if it'll earn her a few credits.) But honestly, most of the time, the deliberate overlooking of evil PC behavior comes off as mildly psychotic on the part of the crew members.
I think the main problem there is the writing. From what I've seen so far, the Bounty Hunter isn't supposed to be full on Dark Sided. He's a professional. Bring them back alive if possible, quick and painless death if not. I run my Merc off the philosophy of "WWFD?" and it works well. So far, I'm barely Light I, and that was because my finger slipped during a FP run.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Pubsam's Avatar


Pubsam
06.22.2012 , 12:48 PM | #17
She is what she is. Boring, codependent, whiny. But useful.

It's kind of baffling to me how boring I find her when her character could be very interesting. She's had a rough life and ...interesting origins. But it's like the writers went to such lengths that she'd be angst-free and non-intimidating (the anti-Kaliyo, if you will), that she's colorless.

Quote:
I think the main problem there is the writing. From what I've seen so far, the Bounty Hunter isn't supposed to be full on Dark Sided. He's a professional. Bring them back alive if possible, quick and painless death if not. I run my Merc off the philosophy of "WWFD?" and it works well. So far, I'm barely Light I, and that was because my finger slipped during a FP run.
Yeah, there's a few companions where this is a problem - namely that the companion makes sense for one alignment, but they made a free choice to associate with your character, so when your alignments don't mesh you have no idea why they don't choose to leave (and further) you choose to keep them around.

Having the companion stories expanded a bit would be great. So for the LS BH you'd have the current Mako relationship of partnership and friendship/romance, while a DS BH might be forcing Mako to work for him due to her usefulness, or keeping her close since she has some nasty secrets on them, and the dynamic would be of tension and (likely) abuse.
Time for a nap.

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
06.22.2012 , 01:18 PM | #18
mako is fine for my BH there gal pals like buffy and willow (pre season 4)

Yodajediman's Avatar


Yodajediman
06.22.2012 , 04:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GraceandDanger View Post
My merc is a professional, honorable, and all around pretty decent guy so Mako absolutely loves me.
So yea, she is definitely LS aligned so DS bounty hunters won't like her very much.

What I have noticed so far (my merc is lvl 29) is that Mako has a bit of vicious streak in her, at least when it comes to things regarding Tarro. So she isn't a complete goody-goody, compared to someone like Vette anyway.
My hunter is lightside two. But my sith ain't. Vette does not like me as much as Jaesa wilsaam does.

Yodajediman's Avatar


Yodajediman
06.22.2012 , 04:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodajediman View Post
My hunter is lightside two. But my sith ain't. Vette does not like me as much as Jaesa wilsaam does.
But, I did take the shock collar off.