Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Hate Mako....

AhsokaTanorules
06.20.2012 , 03:30 AM | #1
Kind of a nod to the I Hate Kaliyo Post but...

Yea. This character seems just about as OOC with the BH as Kaliyo is to the IA. I would definitely want these two to switch classes. MY BH would totally romance Kaliyo while my IA who I rp as resourceful would see Mako as an asset.

Mako is too much of a pacifist. You are expected to kill a lot of people early in the game, particularly with the Great Hunt tournament and she is pretty much preaching that we shouldn't hurt anyone. She is kind of whiiny too (the Meg Griffin of SWTor)) and I think my BH, the way I rp him, might have even killed her by now. You would expect an orphan like her who grew up rough with hunters would have more of an attitude. Even Kira Carsen for the JK is more tough and attitudinal.

Katahn
06.20.2012 , 10:23 AM | #2
Mako has a problem with cruelty, bullying, and UNECESSARY killing... She's no pacifist but she is definitely a lightside alignment character. Worked out fine for my Powertech who was also lightside.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Captain_Zone
06.20.2012 , 10:44 AM | #3
She even likes some Dark Side choices if she feels it's necessary. Like whacking Tarro Blood.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

GraceandDanger
06.20.2012 , 11:39 AM | #4
My merc is a professional, honorable, and all around pretty decent guy so Mako absolutely loves me.
So yea, she is definitely LS aligned so DS bounty hunters won't like her very much.

What I have noticed so far (my merc is lvl 29) is that Mako has a bit of vicious streak in her, at least when it comes to things regarding Tarro. So she isn't a complete goody-goody, compared to someone like Vette anyway.
It's victory or nothing!

Katahn
06.20.2012 , 02:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GraceandDanger View Post
My merc is a professional, honorable, and all around pretty decent guy so Mako absolutely loves me.
So yea, she is definitely LS aligned so DS bounty hunters won't like her very much.

What I have noticed so far (my merc is lvl 29) is that Mako has a bit of vicious streak in her, at least when it comes to things regarding Tarro. So she isn't a complete goody-goody, compared to someone like Vette anyway.
Spoiler
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Captain_Zone
06.20.2012 , 02:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
Spoiler
I thought she just had a kinky streak.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Revan-the-knight
06.20.2012 , 02:52 PM | #7
i Love Mako
/Thread
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

drenge
06.21.2012 , 03:07 PM | #8
I think Mako is a great addition the the BH's companions. Sure she doesn't like unnececarly killing She doesn't mind if you kill who you have too but if you don't have to kill them she dosen't like it. Example a person helps you but they could tell someone about your mission kill them (it was unnececary instead of telling them not to talk)

Jenzali
06.21.2012 , 06:45 PM | #9
I hate Mako just as much as you do, but I think she fits extremely well with the BH. She's always surfing the holonet from her implant to tell you all the latest targets. And any time you say any response even remotely along the lines of "what's in it for me" or wanting more money for taking out a target she'll give +affection.

Also,

Spoiler

All in all, I thought she fit very well as a companion and as a romance. Even though I hated everything about her.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Mutive
06.21.2012 , 09:15 PM | #10
My biggest problem with Mako is that she comes off as though she's about 12. She's cute and sweet. But between the type one body type and endless fan girling, I feel like I have a teeny bopper as my side kick.

Now I'm playing female, so the romance itself doesn't squick me out. (Although I suspect it would - highly - if I were playing a male BH.) But...it's hard for me to see this squeeling teenager working at all with my tough, brutal mercenary.