Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smart loot, based off group composition?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Smart loot, based off group composition?

Skodan
06.19.2012 , 12:48 PM | #1
I thought flashpoints were supposed to give loot based off the group members' classes. Or is it only for ops and hardmode flashpoints? I ran bt on my level 13 merc with 2 other BHs and we had a lot of loot drop with strength and had an orange willpower lightsaber drop too
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

wutru
06.19.2012 , 12:54 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
I thought flashpoints were supposed to give loot based off the group members' classes. Or is it only for ops and hardmode flashpoints? I ran bt on my level 13 merc with 2 other BHs and we had a lot of loot drop with strength and had an orange willpower lightsaber drop too
I think it might have to do with companions? This has happened to me before.

Aharx
06.19.2012 , 12:55 PM | #3
Yeah I would have to assume it was a companion. Try it again but next time dismiss your companion before looting. This may not work though because the loot might be determined before the fight starts. Hard to say.
Aharx Pasari
Smuggler- Scoundrel: Sawbones
<<<--- GFF --->>>
"She may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Parali
06.19.2012 , 01:07 PM | #4
Greetings,

Systems Designer David Hunt touched on the subject of group composition and loot in two of our Community Q&As. In the April 27th Q&A he explained how group composition affects loot drops throughout the game:

Quote:
Caizic: In the 1.2 Legacy patch notes there is a section under Items and Economy and General that says "Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account." Can someone please clarify what this means/how this works exactly? Thanks in advance!

David: Throughout the game, the composition of your group impacts the loot you get from defeating enemies. For the majority of content, the drops are skewed to favor whatever classes are present. This is a bias, but not a guarantee. In leveling Flashpoints, that bias is very strong, and will almost always give loot for the group. However, in endgame Flashpoints, there was no bias – drops were completely random. We’ve added a strong class bias to the loot drops for the endgame Flashpoints. In most cases, this guarantees a drop that can be used by someone in your group. The bias is an “opt-in” system for each character present. That means that you have the same loot playing as a solo Jedi Sentinel or a full group of Jedi Sentinels.

In the May 4th Community Q&A, David gave a little more clarification regarding endgame and advanced classes:

Quote:
DarkElvis: In the Q&A for April 27, you addressed a question about loot drops taking classes into account and how you added the bias into the endgame Flashpoints. Is there any way for this bias to check not just the base class but the advanced class as well? I would say this most affects Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights, who wear different classes of armor depending on their AC choice. Example: our normal Flashpoint group is a Powertech, Sniper, Marauder, and Sorcerer. It seems any time Sith Warrior gear drops, it's heavy armor, so only a Juggernaut could use it. Our Marauder has actually gotten very little gear from the endgame Flashpoints because of this. So is there any way for it to bias to Advanced Class, mainly to benefit Sith Warriors / Jedi Knights? Thanks in advance!

David: The bias actually uses base class or advanced class as appropriate. For example:

Medium Strength Armor = Marauder / Sentinel
Heavy Strength Armor = Juggernaut / Guardian
Strength DPS trinkets = Sith Warrior / Jedi Knight
Strength Tank trinkets = Juggernaut / Guardian
Offhand only Lightsabers = Marauder / Sentinel

This could be due to a bug in the endgame Flashpoints drops that should have been fixed in patch 1.2.2. If you keep seeing this issue, please send a bug report with as many details as possible. Which bosses you killed, what items dropped, and what your group composition was: these would be the most useful data points. There’s some room for this to occur due to randomness, but it should be limited in endgame content.

We hope this sheds some light on the subject. Good luck on your next loot roll!