Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you like your new communities?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do you like your new communities?

McNutty_
06.18.2012 , 01:39 PM | #1
On your new servers

Same as before? Helpful? Annoying? etc

KeepMe
06.18.2012 , 01:46 PM | #2
Love it! 240-300 ppl at the fleet every night when I log in. I havent even had a chance to play 2 of my alts because I PVP all night on 3 different lvl 50s. But I have checked all the planets and almost all of them have 30-50 ppl playing. To me... thats a good thing.

Ilysanth
06.18.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3
Getting used to it. Nice to see so many people online. Have no problems getting my heroics done on planets.

Negatives are the lag on the fleet with so many online but I usually will jump the instance 2 if it is available to negate most of that and that doing dailies on the Black Hole takes longer now with so many people vying for the same mobs in a rather small area. Again, all bearable!

Freezzo
06.18.2012 , 01:50 PM | #4
Love it. PVE-RP starts looking like a real server now.

FlippinFlapJack
06.18.2012 , 01:53 PM | #5
Its great so far! I've met some cool people already and did some group stuff.

There are so many people on the fleet that it lags on the main level. Oh well. I was looking for a FP group and just went over to the museum until I found one. Took about 10 minutes (playing a lower level alt).

At first I thought the number of jerks was exponentially higher but then I figured if 1 of every 20 people is a jerk, it would stand to reason that there would 20 jerks on a fleet of 200 where there were only 2 on the fleet on my old server. It was pretty easy to ignore 2 jerks but I am finding it a little more challenging to ignore 20 at a time. I will learn though.

All in all, I am really happy on my new server.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

McNutty_
06.18.2012 , 01:55 PM | #6
i agree

i love how heroic groups are almost instant and for the most part everyone is friendly and helpful.

Dromund kaas is almost a little too crazy with 175 people on

had to wait out a few times for some respawns but it's ok

DarkSaberMaster
06.18.2012 , 01:56 PM | #7
Loving it. Actually able to PvP now so I can outfit my characters. Just about have one of them in full BM gear from 2 days of constant PvP. I am also able to do the Black Hole heroic now on a daily basis because there is always at least 15+ in the area. The game feels alive again and I am glad BioWare pulled the trigger on server transfers early.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

DarthPasta
06.18.2012 , 01:59 PM | #8
I will happily deal with waiting for respawns on my dailies, thank you very much. Very happy to have a populated server.

RealDalamars
06.18.2012 , 02:00 PM | #9
LOVE IT! WTG Bioware. Smooth as glass.
The First Order
Always with you what cannot be done...

iamthehoyden
06.18.2012 , 02:05 PM | #10
There are pluses and minuses. Have dealt with more ninjas and general idiots in 3 days on JC than the entire population on my old server, BUT I have also run into way more helpful, amusing, friendly people. For knowing practically no one on my new server, I've been pretty pleased with how many groups I've been able to be a part of. Really wish there was a better way of finding people from old servers who may have had to change names, but ah well.

End of the day, when server choice transfers come out I may end up shifting again, but until then this place is fairly decent.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box