Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Visible Mouse Cursor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bujinab
12.18.2011 , 02:04 PM | #1
So, I just got finished downloading SWTOR on my computer and the minute the game starts up my cursor just disappears. I'm able to select buttons, but it's a long, frustating process, and I can't get past character creation. Is anybody else having this problem, or have a solution?

MoonlightMaiden
12.19.2011 , 10:02 AM | #2
I'm also having this problem. I opened a ticket with them yesterday so hopefully they will know what to do...

DeceviousAngel
12.21.2011 , 08:29 AM | #3
I am having this problem as well, I can not play...

Amodin
12.21.2011 , 08:31 AM | #4
I've only had this happen to me when I enter an instance. Best way to solve that is to hit your map or crew skills (hit M or N) or some other keybind to make a window in game open up such as these two. The mouse then appears.

evil-bob
12.21.2011 , 08:33 AM | #5
I have also found that simply clicking somewhere on the screen can bring your mouse back, at least with the "no cursor in instances" issue.

Shacks
12.21.2011 , 11:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bujinab View Post
So, I just got finished downloading SWTOR on my computer and the minute the game starts up my cursor just disappears. I'm able to select buttons, but it's a long, frustating process, and I can't get past character creation. Is anybody else having this problem, or have a solution?
I am having the exact same problem, can't even create a character.

mattrazo
12.21.2011 , 11:52 PM | #7
Go to control panel...go to mouse....go to pointer options...and turn off trails...your welcome.

Shacks
12.21.2011 , 11:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mattrazo View Post
Go to control panel...go to mouse....go to pointer options...and turn off trails...your welcome.
You are my hero! lol

Lil_Chin
12.22.2011 , 04:39 PM | #9
I tried that and it didn't work. I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Anyone have a better suggestion?

Smaois
12.22.2011 , 11:14 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

If you are playing on a laptop, this issue could be caused by 3rd party software which controls your laptop's touchpad.

You may need to adjust settings for the software controlling the touchpad to resolve this issue.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support