Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's with the ship sizes?

darthdinosaur
06.14.2012 , 12:06 AM | #21
My Aircraft Carrier … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.
Squadron 11-11-11

Come check out the twin conclave!!! http://thetwinconclave.enjin.com/

Sylverdyne
06.14.2012 , 12:10 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by lordofdamornin View Post
You need to watch Empire Strikes Back again. Both the escape from Hoth, and Cloud City landing pad scenes were shot using a full scale model of the Falcon, and those are the only two shots it was used. It still exists, btw, if you cared to know.

It's big. Very similar to the smuggler ship, in fact. The X-wings and Y-wings too, are larger than what you seem to think they are.

Also - sometime in the year before the game launched, it was stated that the ships are a 1:1 ratio. What they meant by this (and also stated), is that the exterior of the ship is constructed so that it looks like it would actually hold what you see while inside it.

Riôt
Riot, the OP's problem does not seem to be actually tied to the size of the ship. It's more a reaction to item two of my last post. If they made the ships have realistic interiors, then they'd be screaming about the incredibly awkward camera. It's a function of the way the game is designed, that player occupied spaces have to be about 2-4 times larger, in relation to the PC's and NPC's then they would reasonably be. It's why all the buildings and enterable spacecraft in the game are freaking HUGE. It's so the camera works right. There was a Dev Diary about this back before launch, that explained it better then I can. I'm sure it's on the website somewhere...

Dubaco
06.14.2012 , 12:28 AM | #23
Still, Kotor and Mass effect had good sizes for their ships. And the camera didn't go all funny. Why can't they replicate this?

Hitomo_x
06.14.2012 , 12:56 AM | #24
all the ships are about 5 times smaller then the falcon from the movies, isnt this obvious?

Icestar
06.14.2012 , 01:05 AM | #25
They ship size is fine however I would like to be able to bring friends on the ship.

Throw a party or two
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Soul_of_Flames
06.14.2012 , 01:07 AM | #26
You wanna talk small ship? Look at the Jedi Defender.

Soul_of_Flames
06.14.2012 , 01:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
They ship size is fine however I would like to be able to bring friends on the ship.

Throw a party or two
You can. Just be in a group and have your party follow you aboard. They come on with you.

Shingara
06.14.2012 , 01:12 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by darthdinosaur View Post
My Aircraft Carrier … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.
isnt a parsec a measure of distance do bi do bi do.

lol sorry couldnt resist family guy
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

mjmcooke
06.14.2012 , 01:50 AM | #29
Also keep in mind these ships need to be big enough to have room for 6 people to live on, have a cargo bay, engine room, cockpit, medical bay, air lock, escape pod. Did you expect them to be the size of a mini-van?

randalthorr
06.14.2012 , 02:38 AM | #30
The Normandy is one freaking monster.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia