Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

drug_cartel
03.17.2013 , 11:56 PM | #61
It ties to Race. My human, cyborg, twilek, and miralukan 50s all are Body Type 2, because it seems natural for them.

Sith Pureblood, I went with Body Type 3. It seemed way too freakishly tall for a human, but for a Sith, it seemed to complement that arrogance and smug superiority perfectly to always be looking down on people.

The only type 4 I've made was a Mirialan, and while I wish he was a bit more heavy at the midsection, my purpose was to keep him shirtless and slap a helmet on him to RP that he was a Gamorrean.

The only type 1 I've made was a Dark Side Human Male who was given the grey hair and aged face. I was actually surprised to see how many people interpret Type 1 as a Teen; I immediately thought Elderly. That degree of scrawny seems more Palpatine than Anakin.

09.25.2013 , 12:10 PM | #62
I always use 2 for my guys, 1 is to tiny, 3 is to bulky, 4 is...well,4 is just not practical for such a active lifestyle(to put it mildly) and I don't have any girls yet so I don't know about them.

Thorkir
09.25.2013 , 11:07 PM | #63
Males; 2 or 3, depending on the character.
Females; Always 3.
"All will be well."

Remianen
09.26.2013 , 07:48 PM | #64
Easy. All my girls are 4s (except for my She Hulk homage who is a 3. I make one in every game) and all my guys are 2. Well, except for one. When I hear 'Juggernaut', I think 'Cain Marko' (or, oddly, Mike Awesome) and there's only one male body type that comes close to that look.

I do admit to laughing out loud (really) when I see someone call female body type 4 "fat" or "overweight". Especially since there are tens of thousands of women paying good money to surgically get body parts that the type 4 has naturally.

Projawa
09.27.2013 , 01:41 PM | #65
Female: 2

Male: 2,3

VitalityPrime
09.27.2013 , 01:43 PM | #66
My only character is body type 2 male.

Also, female body type 4 is glorious.
Variance - The Force Guardian
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

midianlord
09.28.2013 , 12:44 PM | #67
My toons are all male, and all type 2:

Distinctly fit, but still lean and elegantly put together.

If I rolled a fem-toon, then I would also pick 2 probably: The best "balanced" look IMHO (although type 3 is decently curvy. fem-type 4's hips and behind are much too wide for my tastes.).
r/DPS 4 life

Helig
09.30.2013 , 03:04 AM | #68
Male characters:
Mainly 2, because I'm not a fan of the looks of a skinny teen (1), comic book hero (3), or comic book sub-villain (tiny legs, big arms, a bit of extra weight - looks like the average sub-boss. It also looks awkward - not the "fat person" awkward, but overall "thing that should not be" awkward).

There are exceptions, of course - my Vanguard is type 3, and I love how he looks. Seen plenty of male type 3 commandos, as well and they also look fan-bloody-tastic. Jedi - not so much. Knight's more technical animations look pretty clumsy with type 3. But I can totally dig type 3 Shadows. Barely resisted the urge to make a type 4 Shadow, speccing him Kinetic, just for the sake of the "He's so fat that he has his own asteroid belt" running joke.

Female characters:
Both, 1 and 2, for the following reasons:
- I like how most faces look with type 2 - both faces and animations seemed to have been made with type2 in mind;
- I like how armour (actual plating) looks on type 2 - formidable, but without losing femininity;
- I don't like how broad-chested type 2 is (not talking about the mammaries - the sheer span of the chest/shoulders, which is pretty evident with tighter gear, like classic Phantom); also, in case of unarmoured clothes, the breasts seem to be sticking out in a very silly manner.
- I like type 1's general proportioning (could use some extra meat though);
- I don't like how most faces get deformed with type 1;
- I don't like how awkward some animations seem with type.

As for types 3 and 4, not a fan of males with female features slapped on them (although I totally respect the choice of transgender individuals), and I really don't like how most faces work with type 4. To be quite honest, I haven't played a type 4 yet, so I cannot fully judge.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Kaedusz
09.30.2013 , 07:34 AM | #69
The perfect body type would be something between 2 and 3.But since 2 is too skinny and because i can't immerse properly-im closer to body type 3 in rl,i use only body type 3 for all my characters.
All my characters are male,again for immersion reasons.

Body type 1 is freaking teenager or some guy that suffers from chronic hunger all his life or is bulimic or anorexic.
Body type 4 is obviously too fat.

wainot-keel
09.30.2013 , 07:47 AM | #70
My only 2 male characters are bt 2. They work pretty nice.

Females I have two bt 2 (commando and jugg), one bt 3 (sorcerer), and four bt 4 (two agents, shadow, guardian). Yes, type 4 is my fave for females.
Though, the one I had some trouble with her looks is my sorc. Skirts arent her thing. So it's pants... but most of them are kinda like really tight things far from comfortable. I ended up buying some adaptive armor that seems was made for heavy armor users, like bounty hunters or juggs. Only stuff it looked decent on her.