Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the complaining? I just don't get it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Why all the complaining? I just don't get it.

06.11.2012 , 08:09 AM | #1
I am completely baffled by the constant complaining in the forums, I just don't get it!
You paid for the game, you play the game and enjoy whatever content is there. That
should be enough for everyone. If YOU wanted the game created to YOUR individual
wants and needs, then by God YOU should have become a game designer. I play
for fun and only for fun, when the game stops being fun to me, I move on. Like all MMO's
this one will evolve and become better or worse depending on your point of view and what
you like/dislike, enjoy it now and quit trying to force changes that YOU want. The devs
try to make the game fun and enjoyable to a very large and diverse player base and of
course they cannot possibly please everyone and shouldn't even try. So, to all you whinners,
chronic complainers and just trolls out there, be still for awhile, enjoy whats there now
and let the devs work on the evolution of the game, Offer suggestions for improvement
in the future but don't be so crass as to threaten to quit if it doesn't happen right away,
thats childish and hopfully they just ignore it anyway.

I'm done now, I do so hope everyone gets on to enjoying the game as I do, don't sweat
the small stuff!

(1VB) Knight

06.11.2012 , 09:27 AM | #2
There are people who would complain even if they got everything they ever wanted. Its just part of their nature. There will always be whiners, criminals, pacifists, type A personalities, hippies, yuppies and vets killing puppies.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

06.11.2012 , 10:03 AM | #3
Here is a great truth of the world. Unhappy people complain and happy people rarely say how happy they are.

How many restaurant managers have ever been called out to tell them how nice the server was?

It's just how people are.

06.11.2012 , 10:18 AM | #4
Nice post OP. Couldn't agree more. Before this spirals in to the typical diatribe on rights, MMO "religion", and the pursuit of good gaming: I don't think you are in the minority OP. There is a silent majority out here enjoying the game.

06.11.2012 , 10:29 AM | #5
I think the reason why the forums are nothing but QQ and complaints is because those posters are the ones not playing TOR as muc has those who enjoy the game.

Plus the forums are pretty much Mos Eisley

But I completely agree with you OP.

06.11.2012 , 10:38 AM | #6
I've heard it said before...

"You can give someone a gold bar, and next thing you know, they'll complain that you didn't give them a bag to carry it in."

I agree with the OP completely.
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

06.11.2012 , 10:39 AM | #7
There are people out there who enjoy the game, myself included. and some of the people complaining may have valid points. but still, some of the arguments I have seen, especially in the pvp subforum (Dozen page Flamewar over potentially nerfing maurauder? seriously?) make me really question the rationality of most people on these forums.

06.11.2012 , 10:40 AM | #8
It's the "Dr. House" syndrome: miserable is familiar, thus safe. Happy is unknown, thus scary.
The Borealis Legacy

06.11.2012 , 10:48 AM | #9
Watch very soon some troll will post about how this is a thread whining about the whiners... I guarantee it.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

06.11.2012 , 11:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Letallis View Post
Watch very soon some troll will post about how this is a thread whining about the whiners... I guarantee it.
I am sick and tired of people saying how sick and tired they are of me posting how sick and tired I am in these forums. Unsubbed.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi