Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Captain_Zone
08.24.2012 , 09:57 AM | #971
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiellyn View Post
The "worst company in America" title was the result of a bunch of upset gamers flocking over from the ending controversy of Mass Effect 3 and voting them down for "ruining Bioware." For reference, they beat out Bank of America for that title. It holds absolutely no weight outside of whiny gamer circle-frenzies who are upset about shady business practices.
Sooooo... WestWood, anyone? Remember that great developer that made the best RTS games known to man at the time? Then they partnered with EA to make Earth & Beyond....

My point is that EA has a history of ruining developers. When I first heard that EA had bought BioWare, I cringed. Literally physically cringed. I knew it was coming. I hoped that BioWare's quality wouldn't suffer because of it.....
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Uluain
08.24.2012 , 12:03 PM | #972
[Gold Five] "Stay on topic!" [/Gold Five]

This is not an "EA sucks" thread. I hate reporting posts, but this is veering away from the subject at hand, which is how same-gender romantic content could be implemented. I know that having been over what info we have as long as we have, there isn't a lot of new speculation we can do and, given shake-ups at BioWare and the shift to F2P, the future of this content is uncertain, but every indication is that they have not abandoned it, and it will be in.

Uluain
08.24.2012 , 12:35 PM | #973
I don't think it has been abandoned, or we'd be seeing no encouragement at all from the Comm Team to continue the discussion. Keeping this thread clean takes a lot of work. They wouldn't do that for content that's been abandoned. Either they would tell us it has been or, if they had for some reason to be sneaky and indirect about things (as seems for whatever reason to be the case) they would simply say "Since this is such a divisive subject, and we have no news for you, we're closing this thread. If there are any new developments, discussion can resume."

So just from what the Comm Team is doing rather than not doing, I think we can still expect SGRs... at some point.

If you feel otherwise, then of course that's your opinion and you have a right to it. But if you do think that there won't be any SGR, ever, then why are you here? Also, your prediction is coming across as a wish for it to be excluded. You know that, right?

Uluain
08.24.2012 , 12:55 PM | #974
And speaking of staying on target, apparently Hall Hood is heading up the story team. A thread linking to an interview with him is here on story and lore, but here is a link in case it gets buried.

He's also on Twitter. Yes, I gave him a polite (I hope) poke.

Tuscad
08.24.2012 , 03:42 PM | #975
I think it has been cancelled because Bioware won't comment on it, if it is cancelled they are keeping quiet in the hopes of retaining subs of the people that would quit over such an announcement. I hope I am wrong because I would like to see SGRA added.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Kioma
08.24.2012 , 03:52 PM | #976
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I think it has been cancelled because Bioware won't comment on it, if it is cancelled they are keeping quiet in the hopes of retaining subs of the people that would quit over such an announcement. I hope I am wrong because I would like to see SGRA added.
I very much hope this isn't the case, but unfortunately Bioware commenting on it or the feature being added are the only ways we'll clear up for sure whether this silence means it's cancelled.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Uluain
08.24.2012 , 03:54 PM | #977
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I have been thinking about that, and I really think your view is unecessarily pessimistic. We were warned with out last big info-dump at the guild summit in March that further updates would be few and far between until things got close to when they were ready to go. And that's what we are seeing. News is about upcoming content - they want to focus on that, understandably.

That said, this thread is about due for a new version, and those always begin with a post by the Community Team reminding us of the rules of this thread and - more to the point - the famous September Announcement by former CM Stephen Reid which states that same-gender content will be coming to SWTOR. That's never wavered.

The delay and informational limbo are frustrating, but I don't think the content's been scrapped.

losdia
08.24.2012 , 04:19 PM | #978
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I have been thinking about that, and I really think your view is unecessarily pessimistic. We were warned with out last big info-dump at the guild summit in March that further updates would be few and far between until things got close to when they were ready to go. And that's what we are seeing. News is about upcoming content - they want to focus on that, understandably.

That said, this thread is about due for a new version, and those always begin with a post by the Community Team reminding us of the rules of this thread and - more to the point - the famous September Announcement by former CM Stephen Reid which states that same-gender content will be coming to SWTOR. That's never wavered.

The delay and informational limbo are frustrating, but I don't think the content's been scrapped.
One the bigger issues I have is that everything we've heard has been vague off the cuff remarks by devs that can be read a few different ways. If they'd actually do a prepared statement that clearly states whatever they want us to know that would go a long way with me. I doubt they will though, because, either it is fairly close to done and they don't want to give people trying to stir up controversy a chance to prepare or it is still a long term project that is part of overall work on padding the story and we shouldn't expect anything until like next year, in which case they'd be worried about losing subs over it.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Kioma
08.24.2012 , 04:20 PM | #979
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
One the bigger issues I have is that everything we've heard has been vague off the cuff remarks by devs that can be read a few different ways. If they'd actually do a prepared statement that clearly states whatever they want us to know that would go a long way with me.
Yep. We need clarity. We need them to actually state outright what's going on with the feature. Until they do - or until the feature is added - we'll be stuck in Development Uncertainty Limbo.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tuscad
08.24.2012 , 04:49 PM | #980
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post

I don't think my view is unecssarily pessimistic, pessimistic yes, uneccessary no. Alot of features that this game had got me excited for has been removed or scrapped at every turn, what is to stop that from happening to another feature that I am looking forward to? Anyway I hope I am wrong, I really do.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade