Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HellbirdIV
07.23.2012 , 02:54 AM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
I'm sorry, but are we so desperate for SGRA in the game that we'll grab whatever we can get?
Well I think the point is rather that the Sith Warrior character is open to a female-female relationship. Who cares what Vette thinks? For my FemWarrior, Vette will always be a slave to her master's whims.

Rayla_Felana
07.23.2012 , 02:59 AM | #452
You say the basic frame work is in, and then point to something that has unfortunate implications.

Spoiler

Umm.. *scratches her head* I'm sorry, but are we so desperate for SGRA in the game that we'll grab whatever we can get?
Spoiler

Tatile
07.23.2012 , 03:37 AM | #453
Umm.. *scratches her head* I'm sorry, but are we so desperate for SGRA in the game that we'll grab whatever we can get?
Spoiler

Kioma
07.23.2012 , 03:41 AM | #454
Spoiler
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Zandilar
07.23.2012 , 04:21 AM | #455
But you all can see where I'm coming from with the unfortunate implications, can't you?

Spoiler
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

HellbirdIV
07.23.2012 , 04:25 AM | #456
The unfortunate implication I'm inferring from all of that is - Lesbianism is DS.
Dark side doesn't mean it's evil though, see Jedi Knight romance with Kira, which is a literal Dark side choice the first, oh, three times you flirt with her.

Tatile
07.23.2012 , 04:28 AM | #457
It's not that lesbianism is a Dark Side choice, it's that going through with something against a person's wishes is a Dark Side choice. In this case Tivva does not do lesbians things - forcing her to do lesbian things would be Dark Side. Likewise is Tivva were a lesbian forcing her to straight things would be a Dark Side choice.

It's more subtle than lesbian=bad just because one NPC is straight.

NRVNQSR
07.23.2012 , 04:36 AM | #458
having followed a hetero relationship on my JK I think it's pretty obvious that /sex/ is DS. Every time I slept with Doc I took a massive DS hit. This stands to reason as, by KOTOR/SWTOR standards, DS is letting passion of any kind govern your actions.

Zandilar
07.23.2012 , 04:46 AM | #459
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Dark side doesn't mean it's evil though, see Jedi Knight romance with Kira, which is a literal Dark side choice the first, oh, three times you flirt with her.
But you have to take it in the context of ALL DS choices in the game, not just the ones you pick and choose... Plus, where I come from "no" means "no", and no negotiation should be entered into, unless invited to do so.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Tatile
07.23.2012 , 04:53 AM | #460
But you have to take it in the context of ALL DS choices in the game, not just the ones you pick and choose... Plus, where I come from "no" means "no", and no negotiation should be entered into, unless invited to do so.
So... what I said was wrong?