Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 01:40 AM | #4551
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Well, they didn't do that. They did promise updates, so we're holding them to that.

You say that then say it's on the players, not BW-Austin for lack of communication.

You've also said that your opinion is that BW shouldn't say anything, due to this whole thing being a catch .22

However, you've also said that you'd like us to get an answer and that you are in support of this content.

I've been watching your posts over the last day and you keep finding new arguments that keep getting debunked. So I'm at a loss as to your logic. It's really all over the place and contradictory at best.

In short, I give you a 8/10, because you added something to the conversation. Yet, I know a troll versus a detractor when I read one.


From Urban Dictionary:
Actually, nothing I've said has been debunked. Vast majority of players don't care. This hasn't been debunked. Instead it's a few players saying "Well I..." not realizing they are the few but thinking because they want it, they're a majority (they're not).

What I think is best for BW/EA doesn't mean it's what I want as a player. I'd like answers to all my questions. But for the company itself, best bet is to say "No promises" I thought I've stayed consistent on that. Perhaps you just don't see the difference?

Hell as a player, I'd like more body customization over SGR. While I don't think every player cares on that, I do think way more would rather have full body customization. Sooo...why not spend time on that instead?

And my point still stands, if they did answer the question, and it wasn't what the posters who want it wanted, they'd just complain of broken promises or "5 years later is doesnt count as after launch" which by the way, posters have already said doesn't count after just a year.

I'm not detracting. I'm just thinking the player base would rather have other things more, that if they kept with the gameplay it has so far, would keep the cutscene creators busy. New planets? Need new cutscenes! New Classes? Need new cutscenes!

Don't actually know if they need new cutscenes for new races though. Don't think they'd need new cutscenes for new Advance Classes either. And as I mention that, I'd rather have new cutscenes put in that actually reflected my advance class choice over a new romance option (and I like the romance option as IT IS fun...but it's a fun I'd rate at the bottom of overall game play)...as my Jedi and Sith use TWO lightsabers, not one. My IA doesn't have a blaster pistol equipped, so why does she keep drawing one? At least with my smuggler I can think "Okay, she just grabbed one for now."

And I'd see those additional cutscenes way more often than "Oh hi. I like you. Ever think of having kids? Settling down? Want to go back to the room without a door and keep the rest of the crew awake?"

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 01:42 AM | #4552
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
I still will never understand why asking for an update is so taboo. On content that was promised.

Yeesh.
Because, when they have to go back on a promise, they don't hear the end of it, even when it's out of their control.

That's just common knowledge.

Look at TERA. To this day they still get complaints on censoring, and they never promised they wouldn't censor it (and I'm one of those who was against the censoring).

Arglaar's Avatar


Arglaar
12.28.2012 , 01:46 AM | #4553
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
If BW gives you an answer will threads like this finally go away or will this just continue until if they say yes? What happens if they say no, will people get outraged and attack BW for it or will they just deal with what BW says and move on. Personally I just wish they would say yes or no so threads about this will stop popping up and it can be done with.
You know, I really don't like Warzones, and I have no desire to play them.
In that vein, I wish BW would just remove them from the game so threads about them would stop popping up on the forums and I can be done with them.

Hmm, I don't like really like class balance either. I wish they would remove all the threads about that too.

Oh yea, and the crew skills. Those are bothersome. Take that out too.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

Look, we understand that you don't like SGRs, and consequently you wish to deny EVERYONE ELSE on the PLANET access to them too, (thank you very little) but there is an easy solution to this.
Typically these threads are VERY CLEARLY MARKED as to what they contain. You could just, you know, NOT READ THEM.

As was said in a previous post, We all pay the same amount here, so everyone's opinion is just as valid, however, just because you feel strongly against something, doesn't mean you should be able to deny others of that which they desire, just because it conflicts with your interests.

For now, all people are asking for is some word from BW/EA on where this direction is headed.

Your best bet, honestly is to just pass these threads by when you see them. If you happen to see someone continuously posting about it, then you can put that person on ignore and you'll never have to hear from them again.

Either way, problem solved.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 01:46 AM | #4554
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
If BW gives you an answer will threads like this finally go away or will this just continue until if they say yes? What happens if they say no, will people get outraged and attack BW for it or will they just deal with what BW says and move on. Personally I just wish they would say yes or no so threads about this will stop popping up and it can be done with.
Won't stop the the threads. May change it.

It'll turn into "Not soon enough" or "But you promised!" even if they said "Due to unforseen circumstances this is delayed/cancelled"

Hence why I've said the smart move would of been to never answer such a question. Took CoH devs quite a few years to learn that though. And TOR is still new.

DarthRamette's Avatar


DarthRamette
12.28.2012 , 01:47 AM | #4555
Things change, yes they may have said we plan on including it but they have the right to change it. Should they say, yes they should but why is hounding the media, which btw I have seen zilch on it in the mainstream media. I wish they would just say yes or no so this issue would be done and dusted either way. However do you think by sicking the media on them you are going to get a favorable response from them, I don't.

DarthRamette's Avatar


DarthRamette
12.28.2012 , 01:51 AM | #4556
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
You know, I really don't like Warzones, and I have no desire to play them.
In that vein, I wish BW would just remove them from the game so threads about them would stop popping up on the forums and I can be done with them.

Hmm, I don't like really like class balance either. I wish they would remove all the threads about that too.

Oh yea, and the crew skills. Those are bothersome. Take that out too.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

Look, we understand that you don't like SGRs, and consequently you wish to deny EVERYONE ELSE on the PLANET access to them too, (thank you very little) but there is an easy solution to this.
Typically these threads are VERY CLEARLY MARKED as to what they contain. You could just, you know, NOT READ THEM.

As was said in a previous post, We all pay the same amount here, so everyone's opinion is just as valid, however, just because you feel strongly against something, doesn't mean you should be able to deny others of that which they desire, just because it conflicts with your interests.

For now, all people are asking for is some word from BW/EA on where this direction is headed.

Your best bet, honestly is to just pass these threads by when you see them. If you happen to see someone continuously posting about it, then you can put that person on ignore and you'll never have to hear from them again.

Either way, problem solved.
If you see a post of mine, guess what you don't have to reply, problem solved for you. Since this decsison will be of many factors of which decide whether I continue to play this game, not the sole one I do wish for a final decision too. However I will keep posting in here whether you like it or not. I am voicing my opinion which whether you like or it not I can, I simply asked if an answer was given whether or not threads like this would keep popping up, don't like oh well. I agree when it comes to pvp btw. Tried the newest WZ just to see and it blows.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 01:52 AM | #4557
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
You know, I really don't like Warzones, and I have no desire to play them.
In that vein, I wish BW would just remove them from the game so threads about them would stop popping up on the forums and I can be done with them.

Hmm, I don't like really like class balance either. I wish they would remove all the threads about that too.

Oh yea, and the crew skills. Those are bothersome. Take that out too.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

Look, we understand that you don't like SGRs, and consequently you wish to deny EVERYONE ELSE on the PLANET access to them too, (thank you very little) but there is an easy solution to this.
Typically these threads are VERY CLEARLY MARKED as to what they contain. You could just, you know, NOT READ THEM.

As was said in a previous post, We all pay the same amount here, so everyone's opinion is just as valid, however, just because you feel strongly against something, doesn't mean you should be able to deny others of that which they desire, just because it conflicts with your interests.

For now, all people are asking for is some word from BW/EA on where this direction is headed.

Your best bet, honestly is to just pass these threads by when you see them. If you happen to see someone continuously posting about it, then you can put that person on ignore and you'll never have to hear from them again.

Either way, problem solved.
Actually, the difference is, all those things you mentioned are in game. SGR isn't. Also, not all opinions are valid, just because everyone pays to play.

1) Not everyone pays to play anymore.

2) If I keep getting beat in 1 on 1 PvP so I make post over post about nerf said class, would you consider it valid post, even when it turns all other classes but one into complete garbage to play, even from a PvE standpoint?

Arglaar's Avatar


Arglaar
12.28.2012 , 02:00 AM | #4558
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Actually, the difference is, all those things you mentioned are in game. SGR isn't. Also, not all opinions are valid, just because everyone pays to play.

1) Not everyone pays to play anymore.

2) If I keep getting beat in 1 on 1 PvP so I make post over post about nerf said class, would you consider it valid post, even when it turns all other classes but one into complete garbage to play, even from a PvE standpoint?
Actually, I was trying to point out the basic argument of "Just give them what they want so I don't have to hear about it anymore" was flawed and pretty ridiculous.
However, it was apparently lost on you.

Either way, it's time for bed. I look forward to reading your replies tomorrow after work.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
12.28.2012 , 02:09 AM | #4559
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Stephen Reid was the Senior Online Community Manager. Daniel Erickson was the former Lead Writer for ToR as well as the writer for my beloved IA storyline.
Quick correction: Alexander Freed was the writer for all of the IA storyline, not Daniel Erickson.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 02:11 AM | #4560
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
Actually, I was trying to point out the basic argument of "Just give them what they want so I don't have to hear about it anymore" was flawed and pretty ridiculous.
However, it was apparently lost on you.

Either way, it's time for bed. I look forward to reading your replies tomorrow after work.
I guess saying every post was valid threw me

I can agree giving every player what they want won't work either.