Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
12.19.2012 , 07:54 PM | #4251
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
If it was coming they would be talking about. Additionally, I'm not sure how much worse the BW-Austin group could look at this point. They might be figuring as long as they have already hit rock bottom might as well stay there.
Please cheer up some. I know, it's so damned hard it's not even funny. I was at that point too. That's why I'm doing the email campaign. At least we can show the world what they pulled on us. Accountability is not too much to ask at this point and that's a goal I know we'll accomplish.

I'm still not going to throw in the towel. There is momentum going and I see no harm in being positive with our efforts. I am still convinced that it is coming with Makeb. I still think that they are being chicken about this. I still think we're going to get an answer by just after the New Year.

How much worse?

Oooh, a lot worse. Remember, they've just angered the one player base that they were using the most to shore up their bad PR. This thing is still coming to a head, so please don't be such a naysayer. Good thoughts right now, please!

DarthRamette
12.19.2012 , 08:01 PM | #4252
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
First, great blog Joshi!

Evening Darth. I hope everything is going well.

It's because we don't have to justify why there is PvP. I don't ask why PvP should be in the game. They are for a minority of the player base but that player base considers it invaluable. As with end game PvE and the current romance options. We shouldn't have to have a justification for SGRs. There is no good reason why that they should be excluded. It should have been in from the start. It was expected of a BioWare game by that point, just as much as end-game PvE or PvP is for a MMO.

There is statistics that clearly state that a minority of any given MMO player base plays end-game content. Same with PvP; most often, PvP servers and content are some of the lowest pop.

We don't know how much of the player base would use SGRs, so that isn't fair to say a minority wants this or not. The minority is the only one that knows about this for the most part. We can safely all agree that the story is the main reason to play. So there is no way to tell who/how many players would use this content, unless BioWare quits messing around. Besides, content for the minority happens all the time, so this should be no different.

There are even poorer reasons why they should remain silent with Makeb coming. I don't think it's too much to ask to know if this content is even still coming at all. We know about the overall arching storyline for Makeb, so there is no excuse for BW-Austin silent at this point. If anything, the silence is making them look worse and worse.
Fair enough just wondering, icy flipping cold and snowy here.

Nozybidaj
12.19.2012 , 08:07 PM | #4253

Oooh, a lot worse. Remember, they've just angered the one player base that they were using the most to shore up their bad PR. This thing is still coming to a head, so please don't be such a naysayer. Good thoughts right now, please!
You're right, and I do hope your efforts come to some sort of conclusion, I just don't think that conclusion is going to be satisfying for anyone here. Anyway, I'll bow out now since I honestly don't have anything nice to say about it anymore. And we all know what to do when your run out of nice things to say.

Quetzhal
12.19.2012 , 08:15 PM | #4254
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
I'm going to ask this is in all seriousness but why if someone does not want a SGR in this game do they have to explain why? That person's reason are their own, you don't have to agree with them just like if you hate PvP like I do, that is all I need to say. Every person has their own area which they hate (for me PvP) and others they like (killing Pubs in every way possible). You want SGR fine and others do not. I don't get why those opposed have to say why.
Because it would make an absolutely pointless comment otherwise. It's like walking into a room with a bunch of people talking about football, loudly stating "I don't like football, and I think it should be banned. I won't tell you why, though." and then walking right back out.

All that happens is that everyone in the room stares awkwardly at the door, then shrugging and going back to talking about football.

...the analogy is a bit off, but the point is that there's no point making the comment at all if you don't want to state why. That's what polls are for.

DarthRamette
12.19.2012 , 08:17 PM | #4255
Quote: Originally Posted by Quetzhal View Post
Because it would make an absolutely pointless comment otherwise. It's like walking into a room with a bunch of people talking about football, loudly stating "I don't like football, and I think it should be banned. I won't tell you why, though." and then walking right back out.

All that happens is that everyone in the room stares awkwardly at the door, then shrugging and going back to talking about football.

...the analogy is a bit off, but the point is that there's no point making the comment at all if you don't want to state why. That's what polls are for.
Has anyone made a poll, even an informal one here on the forums?

natashina
12.19.2012 , 08:21 PM | #4256
That one I can answer.

We tried, several times. The reaction was the more or less the same as starting a new thread is now. Locked and redirected and usually deleted. Only in the last week or so did they realize that deleting all the SGR threads outside of this one and Did I hear this right? looked awful. So they started merging threads instead.

If you notice, we can't even keep the suggestion for the Community Round-Up to stay on there. The first attempt was at about 11am central time. The poster that put up the suggestion for the SGRA thread was matter of fact. Nothing preachy or rude.

edit: I had to do some careful editing there. Beware of David Copperfield!

A poll would have no shot at all. Anyone feel like a woeful giggle and want to give it a go?

Good idea though. And yeah, Draco is here in the Rockies too. It quit snowing, but it's well below freezing and should drop to negative temps tonight.

Kioma
12.19.2012 , 08:21 PM | #4257
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Has anyone made a poll, even an informal one here on the forums?
I believe polls were made back in the previous forum structure, but they got deleted (presumably because this is such a hotly-contested subject. And the current forum structure doesn't support polls.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

natashina
12.19.2012 , 08:24 PM | #4258
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I believe polls were made back in the previous forum structure, but they got deleted (presumably because this is such a hotly-contested subject. And the current forum structure doesn't support polls.

Didn't know about the new rules, but I know it had been tried before with those kinds of results. Well, there's another bit of SGRA history there folks

Kioma
12.19.2012 , 08:29 PM | #4259

Didn't know about the new rules, but I know it had been tried before with those kinds of results. Well, there's another bit of SGRA history there folks
I might be wrong but I do recall people mentioning it in the original iteration of this thread. <shrugs>
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

techwitch
12.19.2012 , 08:37 PM | #4260
Yes. I saw at least two polls go up, then fall in short order.
Choosing to limit one's vision is not the path to enlightenment. I prefer a world where there are limitless possibilities.