Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Artanisia's Avatar


Artanisia
12.08.2012 , 11:12 PM | #3901
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
in the end, companions were released with hetero romances, which without indication of them being interested in women at all in-game before them being chosen for S/S romance, makes them "straight with an exception/If it's you, it's okay". I would rather they keep them that way, only for O/S romance.
In other words: You don't want to share your toys.

I played through five of the class-stories, and you have to be willfully blind to not see the subtext to the behaviour of some characters. Kaliyo and Talos for example.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
12.08.2012 , 11:12 PM | #3902
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Indeed.

Hell, Kira will romance a pureblood Sith male given the Legacy system
I wonder if she toys with his freaky face tendrils when they're lying in bed pillow-talking afterwards. o.O
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 11:13 PM | #3903
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
no indication, so I assume they be straight (exception those who actually have indication of being bi/straight up say they have been with women before).
Well, you are entitled to your opinion and I appreciate you not trying to state that they "definitely aren't gay" like its a fact. I disagree with you and hope mightily that if they ever do decide to add SGRA content that they do so with the existing companions.

amnie's Avatar


amnie
12.08.2012 , 11:18 PM | #3904
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
in the end, companions were released with hetero romances, which without indication of them being interested in women at all in-game before them being chosen for S/S romance, makes them "straight with an exception/If it's you, it's okay". I would rather they keep them that way, only for O/S romance.
do I really have to repeat it .again.?

the only reason you assume them to be straight is because you currently have no option to find out otherwise.

and I already told you that I do not want to put a spoiler for you, but one of the companions you named earlier IS indeed not straight. it is mentioned in-game. (and with several other companions their questlines are at least 'questionable')

it won't be a 'straight with an exception' deal at all. in fact, how do you not know that they aren't gay with an exception? I've never seen Corso flirt with any woman beside my smuggler. he sure 'jokes around' with the guys, though (up to a certain point anyway, as soon as they start flirting with the female smuggler he becomes the jealous male ... and btw, I don't remember him ever mentioning any previous relationships, so he might actually really be the 'innocent boy' from the country, who is just now 'finding himself', including being sexual )

amnie's Avatar


amnie
12.08.2012 , 11:19 PM | #3905
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
How go you know they aren't gay with an exception of being straight "if its you"?
zomg get out of my head!

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 11:23 PM | #3906
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Indeed.

Hell, Kira will romance a pureblood Sith male given the Legacy system
The fact that you can even make a pureblood sith Jedi Knight is ridiculous in and of itself.

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
12.08.2012 , 11:25 PM | #3907
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
in the end, companions were released with hetero romances, which without indication of them being interested in women at all in-game before them being chosen for S/S romance, makes them "straight with an exception/If it's you, it's okay". I would rather they keep them that way, only for O/S romance.
Using Kira as an example, there's no indication she likes men (in my game).

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
12.08.2012 , 11:25 PM | #3908
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
The fact that you can even make a pureblood sith Jedi Knight is ridiculous in and of itself.
Psst.

Spoiler
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 11:30 PM | #3909
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Psst.

Spoiler
Well I wouldn't know. My JK has been level 14 for the last 10 months waiting on SGRA's. If you mean the companion you get, I don't think he is a JK. If you mean someone else, well maybe one pureblood sith out of the entire galaxy, okay sure. But when I go to the Jedi temple and see half a dozen of them wandering around it is ridiculous.

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
12.08.2012 , 11:32 PM | #3910
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
no indication, so I assume they be straight (exception those who actually have indication of being bi/straight up say they have been with women before).
Well, we get limited interaction with the Companions to begin with, so it's a bit silly to even make the assumption they're straight.

We don't get to see them when they're off camera, so to speak - like if you don't take that companion with you (lets face it, some companions are less useful than others) and leave them on the ship all the time. Then you only interact with them during their individual stories, and that's what like... two or three times per chapter at most?

And even when you do have them with you, they react to the conversations you're having and the missions you're doing.

There's no indication EITHER way, imho.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.