Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fabiyun
12.05.2012 , 08:40 PM | #3731
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
I personally wouldn't expect a response from EABW before Tue/Wed at the earliest. The tail end of this week will probably be unofficial talk inside the company of the increased pressure, and then Monday morning palaver they'll probably officially talk amongst themselves about how to handle this, somebody will get assigned to the issue and they'll spend a day or two preparing answers and so on before saying something.

And that's the best case scenario IMO.

Big companies just don't move very fast. If they've been avoiding the issue as much as they have, they won't have people ready to answer questions at the drop of a hat, they probably don't even have a clear picture who inside the company should handle this.
And here I thought the unscheduled patch coming Dec 6 was the SGR bugfix
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

natashina
12.05.2012 , 08:41 PM | #3732
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
I personally wouldn't expect a response from EABW before Tue/Wed at the earliest. The tail end of this week will probably be unofficial talk inside the company of the increased pressure, and then Monday morning palaver they'll probably officially talk amongst themselves about how to handle this, somebody will get assigned to the issue and they'll spend a day or two preparing answers and so on before saying something.

And that's the best case scenario IMO.

Big companies just don't move very fast. If they've been avoiding the issue as much as they have, they won't have people ready to answer questions at the drop of a hat, they probably don't even have a clear picture who inside the company should handle this.
That's pretty much what I've been saying as well. You just phrased it better.

I really don't expect Jack from EAware just yet, but I know we'll hear (stupid typo) something soon.

I can't blame them for needing some time to prepare a public statement. They shouldn't have had needed time for prepare for this; it shouldn't have even hit this point. However, with the massive employee change ups, I wouldn't be too shocked if a lot of current employees either didn't know this was coming or thought it had been addressed, "multiple times by now."

Which they haven't done, obviously. At least this way we might get some kind of answer, rather than letting this whole thing die in the forums with a whimper.

Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
And here I thought the unscheduled patch coming Dec 6 was the SGR bugfix
Edit: It looks like a fix is possibly incoming for the memory leaks. I'll be the first to say that bug fixes take far more priority than SGRs. There is a few posters even here that can't play because of that. So it's really awesome to see.

I am just not holding my breath for SGRs anytime soon, but getting an answer is my big priority.

fabiyun
12.05.2012 , 08:45 PM | #3733
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
That's pretty much what I've been saying as well. You just phrased it better.

I really don't expect Jack from EAware just yet, but I know we'll here something soon.

I can't blame them for needing some time to prepare a public statement. They shouldn't have had needed time for prepare for this; it shouldn't have even hit this point. However, with the massive employee change ups, I wouldn't be too shocked if a lot of current employees either didn't know this was coming or thought it had been addressed, "multiple times by now."

Which they haven't done, obviously. At least this way we might get some kind of answer, rather than letting this whole thing die in the forums with a whimper.

Edit: It looks like a fix is possibly incoming for the memory leaks. I'll be the first to say that bug fixes take far more priority than SGRs. There is a few posters even here that can't play because of that. So it's really awesome to see.

I am just not holding my breath for SGRs anytime soon, but getting an answer is my big priority.
Memory leaks are tough issues and can also be the result of drivers and or third party software (I was stuck for years with leaks caused by Microsoft Visual Studio, nobody but MS could fix those).
Personally I think this might have to do with reverse engineering. I've been having issues with it since path 1.4. It sometimes still doesn't give a schematic after 20+ reverse engineering processes. :S In the latest patch notes they only talk about the amount of items returned, that was only part of the problems though, I stopped reverse engineering altogether.
But who knows.
I've not logged in for days now, I can't play at this time, I'm frustrated. (nothing to do with reverse engineering in case one still needs to wonder)

QwibQwib
12.05.2012 , 09:02 PM | #3734
The memory leak is rather inconvenient. I used to be able to play at max settings, but not anymore

Thank goodness they have different teams for working on story and working on bugfixes.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

natashina
12.05.2012 , 09:09 PM | #3735
Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
The memory leak is rather inconvenient. I used to be able to play at max settings, but not anymore

Thank goodness they have different teams for working on story and working on bugfixes.
Oh, I agree. It just gets lost on some people that we, um, play the game and want to see it as polished as possible before any new content is added. Picking and choosing seems to be the name of the game tonight.

Edit: For the trolls that is, not to any single poster.

While they do have different teams, it seems like a little patch like this for bug fixes comes first. Which as it should be. I just wish our feature was addressed in any way, shape or form.

What I find really frustrating and weird is that apparently, the lead writer of the game is not allowed to say one word about this. I'm still a tad bitter over that deleted Tweet. That was insulting and I'm very certain that Mr. Hood wouldn't have wanted it that way.

I wish I knew what Suit thought it would be a good idea to maintain this silence and tell Mr. Hood that he can't even talk about his department at all.

natashina
12.05.2012 , 11:16 PM | #3736
Well, that's it for my posting for a few days. I loathe General Forums.

People telling me to go back to WoW....I left that game last year for a reason. And I didn't even know about ToR.

Man, I hate people that can't read, or only read what they want to.

I'm gonna go play DA: O. Keep those letters and messages to FB going.

I'll come back when I have some more information.

fabiyun
12.05.2012 , 11:46 PM | #3737
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Well, that's it for my posting for a few days. I loathe General Forums.

People telling me to go back to WoW....I left that game last year for a reason. And I didn't even know about ToR.

Man, I hate people that can't read, or only read what they want to.

I'm gonna go play DA: O. Keep those letters and messages to FB going.

I'll come back when I have some more information.
Their intent isn't to read. Their intent is to bully you away. I don't face bullies with reason, I do the only thing to bullies what I've been taught to do with them, either laugh at them, or bully them back.

Baptes
12.06.2012 , 12:02 AM | #3738
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Their intent isn't to read. Their intent is to bully you away. I don't face bullies with reason, I do the only thing to bullies what I've been taught to do with them, either laugh at them, or bully them back.
Agree. The whole "ignore them and they'll go away" thing does jack all to bullies. But confronting them makes them shrivel up like the little cowards they are.

Uluain
12.06.2012 , 12:06 AM | #3739
For my part, I am all out of polite. I am sorry if that takes discussion in a negative direction, but trying to be nice, to extend benefit of the doubt, has gotten us less than nothing.

I have been chastised for disregarding guidelines intented to make the forums a safe place for community discussion, but I maintain that the lack of any vocal support for this content from the community team whatsoever itself encourages an unsafe, bullying environment which tacitly supports hateful and discriminatory speech opposing same-gender content.

Some might say that the moderation team and Community Team must remain impartial, but if BioWare does intend to include same-gender romantic options, as previously advertised, then they have already taken a side. To abandon us without any support is cheap at best and malicious at worst. We don't know who has made that call. They are the ones responsible, ultimately. But ethically, the Community Team must accept some personal responsibility for the results of that policy as it is they who choose to implement it.

One cannot dodge culpability by saying "I was only following orders". That may be true, but if one believes the orders are wrong, one ought not to obey and if one does follow the orders then one is expressly endorsing them. A hard line, but no one ever said what is right is what is easy or convenient.

LordTynell
12.06.2012 , 12:26 AM | #3740
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Agree. The whole "ignore them and they'll go away" thing does jack all to bullies. But confronting them makes them shrivel up like the little cowards they are.
People that disagree with you are not "bullies." And if you think I am a coward, just PM me.
Who's the more foolish? the fool, or the fool who follows him?