Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nozybidaj
12.01.2012 , 09:15 AM | #3471
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
And as much as I hate to admit it, I really don't know what I'll do if they come out and say it's not happening - I really love this game, but as a gay gamer it's getting harder to justify giving money to a group of people who don't seem to care - especially it being a Bioware game.
Honestly I feel bad for all the folks who stuck around and supported BW all these long months. I too really enjoy the game, its why I came back for a quick look, but because of this issue and the way its been handled I certainly won't be staying. And given how long its been already and still no sign of the content I don't particularly see any reason to come back again.

Lent_San
12.01.2012 , 09:15 AM | #3472
Yeah, it's gone now. Making me sick to my stomach with some posters and glad to find approval with others.

fabiyun
12.01.2012 , 09:18 AM | #3473
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
It is a SGRA thread outside the containment zone. Its already gone actually. And I was just getting ready to make a post there too, darn.
Me too, and then I got the "you're not allowed to post here" msg, and for a sec I thought they banned us all. It would really be the next step. Nothing is more effective in silencing a minority than taking their posting rights. BW Austin could have passed a ban on promoting LGBTQ propaganda, they wouldn't be the first. Where is Madonna? Can't she pass pink bands on the fleet?
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Nozybidaj
12.01.2012 , 09:33 AM | #3474
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Me too, and then I got the "you're not allowed to post here" msg, and for a sec I thought they banned us all. It would really be the next step. Nothing is more effective in silencing a minority than taking their posting rights. BW Austin could have passed a ban on promoting LGBTQ propaganda, they wouldn't be the first. Where is Madonna? Can't she pass pink bands on the fleet?
Hehe or pink light sabers. They have done the next best thing though by keeping us all corralled in here, keep us quarantined from the rest of the player base.

Kioma
12.01.2012 , 09:55 AM | #3475
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Hehe or pink light sabers. They have done the next best thing though by keeping us all corralled in here, keep us quarantined from the rest of the player base.
Not really quarantined, considering they can come in here with impunity and we can't go out there (on this subject, anyway).

Not that I particularly want to. I just want a damn answer from Bioware.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

MozOTheUndercity
12.01.2012 , 09:57 AM | #3476
After lurking on the subject since pre-launch I finally decided to post on it and, within minutes, the thread's deleted.

Pfff...

Anyway, I just want to throw my hat in the "getting fed up waiting" pile; still got characters either waiting to be made or loitering mid-way through their stories (who are already lost causes for all I know..). The reason I'm playing this game at all is for the characters and stories; if by the end of the year they say "it's been delayed, release tba", or they say nothing at all, and I can't enjoy the elements of the game I'm here for the way I want, I may just go play something else.

JCisneros
12.01.2012 , 10:22 AM | #3477
I have taken the next step and communicated with the community manager Joveth Gonzalez, it remains to be seen if he will reply to my PM. Keep those e-mails and letters going to GLAAD, folks.

All we want is an honest answer...instead of the great wall of mod and dev silence.

~JC

natashina
12.01.2012 , 10:42 AM | #3478
Quote: Originally Posted by JCisneros View Post
I have taken the next step and communicated with the community manager Joveth Gonzalez, it remains to be seen if he will reply to my PM. Keep those e-mails and letters going to GLAAD, folks.

All we want is an honest answer...instead of the great wall of mod and dev silence.

~JC
We'll keep the letters going, but I gotta be honest here.

Myself, Uluain, Tatile and I don't know how many others have contacted Joveth in the past. He will not address this issue, or at least hasn't before in any direct and/or meaningful way. The only time he has come out and directly talked to the thread was the same day as Gabe's little off-handed comment. I hope your PM bears more fruit than ours did.

BTW, what came of talking to your colleagues at the university that are a part of GLAAD? Anything new?

Lent_San
12.01.2012 , 10:44 AM | #3479
I've contacted an in-game mod today, waiting for answer. If I have a dormant subscription with me not playing, I might as well do something with it.

markcymru
12.01.2012 , 11:01 AM | #3480
I would have liked to have read Uluain's 'rant'. Did anyone happen to have copied it?